The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clarifying character death
Hello again,
Newbie here with a question about character death. I have read alot about it already, but I seem to be missing the writings about HOW a character might meet final death. If someone could wise me up I would be grateful.
Really, There are millions of different ways to die, Old age, Combat, Choking on sand, coughing up part's of a heart.. It really depends on the situation, so there isn't much of an answer to this question, vague as it is. Though as long as you do not commit suicide, you have a change at ressurection.
Your character suffers irreversible death when one of the following conditions are met:

- Character commits suicide.
- Character dies after having already been resurrected once before.
- Character dies of old age.

Other than that, dying isn't too difficult to accomplish. XD
[Image: Signature.png]
Volnazra,

Good question, thank you for bringing it up.

To maintain the aspect of realism, character death is something that isn't taken lightly on the server. If you are put into a situation that your character may be maimed and/or killed, your potential attacker(s) will initially warn you, most often via the LookingForGroup channel. "Character warning for Volnazra, potential death may occur." Or something along those lines.

This warning is present for those that, if they do not want their character to die yet; this will give them the opportunity to withdraw.

The highest rule of character death, is that it must be consentual, by all parties - but most notably, the player that may face a character kill.
Don't let anyone "force" you into a character kill if you don't fully agree with it, instead utilize the warning to disengage and withdraw from it if possible.
The key aspect of this solely lies on the maturity of the other party; as ideally, we wish to see everyone fully agree upon a character's demise - otherwise this might spawn contempt by players that feel they were voided the opportunity to play their characters out to the extent of their potential. However, we also realize that another player might not possess the same maturity and outlook of it. (Such as those that want to try and kill/maim everyone in sight, for the sake of trying to elevate their own character at the expense of many; so they can look "evil" and "cool". Don't be one of these guys.)

Although if you're all for seeing a potentially brutal and bloody end; go for it! There's nothing that roleplayers love more than someone that is willing and able to roll with the punches; keep an open mind and have fun. Hopefully this has alleviated any ambiguities regarding character death, as I'm certain many others might give their own insights on it.

For further clarity, character death is covered in the Policies section of our wiki.
I hope this helps.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
I guess Im concerned with game mechanics not RP events. Im troubled but my interpretation of the rule as ANY time your character dies (excluding the one rez freebie)you have to start over. Spirit Healers are not allowed or dont exist?
Oh! No no no.
A few weeks ago; the server had a bug where if you died, (say by a monster) you were unable to go into spirit form to retrieve your corpse; and had to relog in order to resurrect.
This has since been rectified.

Sorry for the confusion.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
SHEEEW!
Let me add that it's generally regarded that as long as you don't disengage from a situation that is known to be fatal (Battle, for instance, with an enemy that would never allow your character to live) you should be ready to accept the consequences of your actions. Occasionally you will enter a situation that your character would see to the bitter end, even if you don't want him/her to be killed.

Ask yourself what your character would do before entering into these situations, and follow their motives not yours.
Oh, and just to add, each character that has died is allowed -ONE- ressurection. If you die again, then it's time to start over.

If your character commits suicide however, you have given up your chance for a ressurection.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  CW and Character Death Discussion Zhaei 26 4,552 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Can I get some clarification on the character death policy? Dae 3 1,024 08-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Character Death Mezrin 32 5,747 05-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Kage