The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Class Elimination Game
(10-24-2013, 06:24 AM)Xigo Wrote: Death Knight - 19
It's just that the Death Knight's shared background offers for such a richly morbid character that few people pass that up.

And indeed, so few people "pass up" the callous cynicism and angst when creating their Death Knights that such traits have become suffocatingly ubiquitous, especially in the greater roleplaying community. (It's even been explicitly described on WoWPedia.) People voted down orcs and blood elves on the racial thread because of how they have become tied almost inextricably to "fer da herd" and "belf master race" sentiments, respectively, and I will continue to downvote Death Knights here for their having fallen into a similar rut.

Warrior - 23: Requires no innate aptitude or formal training insofar as one needs for, say, druidism. No stereotypes here whoatsoever, and no "holier than thou" either. They're your bread-and-butter everyman class.
Paladin - 22:
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20: see above.
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 26
Druid - 24

Needs moar slopes imo
Needs moar archaeology imo
Paladin - 22:
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 18: What Werewolf said. God damn Werewolf, I like you.
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 26
Druid - 24
Paladin - 22:
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 26
Druid - 24

Hey man. If you're going to bring up a web-page, you might as well use one that actually describes what you're mentioning.

Quote:Death knights are popular on role playing servers, due in part to their ability to equip a large range of armor and weapons as well as being able to travel more freely than a new character of any other class. It is difficult to overlook those traits, yet not everyone wishes to be an undead vengeance machine, so the solution is to pretend to be something else. Players can write an alternative description using mods, such as FlagRSP, in which their characters could be described as being anything they'd like. This approach works on the assumption that fellow players are blind.
Role playing Death Knoobs tend to adopt the "out and proud" approach - playing their death knights as undead guys who know how to party. These death knights are most commonly seen dancing, drinking and whoring the night away in the Pig & Whistle, Stormwind. It is unlikely that this is what Mograine had in mind when pledging his men to the destruction of the Lich King.
Another rather irritating addition to Death Knoob role playing is a blood elf death knight who claims to be a high elf, simply because of possessing blue eyes in-game. This can lead to further confusion, such as "high elf" death knights who become another class altogether, such as paladins, hunters, even warlocks. Blood Elf Death Knights in particular are also heavily associated with boobplate.
Since it became possible to make a Death Knight on any server, provided you had a character that was at least 55 on another server, Death Knights that weren't in their high 60s to low 70s were considered to be lazy people who only created the Death Knight so as to have a 55 some-odd level advantage when they started.
If you are interested in roleplaying a Death Knight appropriately, then do not let this stigma stop you - you may break expectations and earn yourself friends to roleplay with, or a place in a heavy lore-compliant roleplaying guild.

Quote:an association with a 'dark' character leading to a stereotype of a pompous, egotistical, "emo" player

... Because neither of these apply to what you're saying about DKs.

In fact, your page makes it seems like most DKs I've seen on CotH would be highly respected on retail.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
You know, I really hope this entire game doesn't consist of you guys stabbing back and forth about Death Knights, which only leads to a rapid succession of upvotes/downvotes which eventually leads to a change of NOTHING. Just saying...if you can only post once every 2 hours, may as well make it worth it when you cast your vote. If you know the guy you're arguing with is going to +2 the same class to cancel out your -2, is it really worth it?

Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 26
Druid - 22: I really feel bad for downvoting these guys, but I've got to. While yes it is awesome to change into animals and be a boss of nature and etc, these guys follow the foreign traits of night elves. To some people, this class seems rather large in culture and hard to approach for having such a vast history behind it. In my opinion, druidism has lost a grasp as far as history is concerned since Cata came into the picture. I still have no idea how trolls started druidism, it was just convenient because Blizzard "lul trullz dudu PvP bear" etc. To bring my rant to an end, it's an intimidating class to get into, and that is enough to earn a downvote from Valicor in this case.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
OP has been updated to reflect the new rules concerning higher scores!
Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 28: Because everyone loves warlocks.
Druid - 22
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Derps, what happened to warrior? There, I found em.

Warrior - 25 I enjoy all classes. But I still love the variety and uniqueness I can do with a warrior.
Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 28
Druid - 22
Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 26
Druid - 20 I'm actually a big fan of druids, but darn it. People need to learn to specialize more. What do I mean? I mean the characters that are 18 to early 100s and know every form in the spell book. Guys. Limits are fine. They define your character as the character they are. How about selecting a form, and adjusting that to the character instead of diving into the buffet? Also, druids are not fluffy pets. Stop that.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(10-24-2013, 07:43 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: Also, druids are not fluffy pets. Stop that.

On the contrary, I present exhibit C:

[Image: chibi_druid__cat_form__by_puli_wind-d30hye5.png]
[Image: rage-face.png]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 22
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 26
Druid - 20

A hero. That's what you were.

Death Knights give you the opportunity to play a knight. Certainly, we're talking about a knight of death, but you once were a hero. It's exceptionally interesting to see what a character does in such a situation, how they see their fall - or if they see it as a fall at all, rather than say, an exaltation! After all, they are now an exceptionally strong, immortal, untiring death-vampire that cares for neither thirst nor hunger and is fed by literally causing death and pain.

S'fun. They're pretty much one of the most entertaining classes to RP, particularly when you get into the morality of the Endless Hunger - do you murder other living beings in order to prolong your existence? Especially knowing said existence will go on forever, and you have to look forward to an eternity of murder? What might say, a former Paladin think of such a path?

All very good.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 22
Shaman - 19
Mage - 20
Warlock - 26
Druid - 20

Mages... You can already do a ridiculous amount of things yet you still draw people into wanting to give them weapons mastery on top of everything else. Plus, you stole Shaman's iconic spell.

Get out.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20 - Some roleplay examples of this class made me hate it. I used to be in love with it, I wanted my main character and first character on CoTH to be one. Alas it didn't turn out that way.
Shaman - 19
Mage - 20
Warlock - 26
Druid - 20

Quote:A hero. That's what you were.

Death Knights give you the opportunity to play a knight. Certainly, we're talking about a knight of death, but you once were a hero. It's exceptionally interesting to see what a character does in such a situation, how they see their fall - or if they see it as a fall at all, rather than say, an exaltation! After all, they are now an exceptionally strong, immortal, untiring death-vampire that cares for neither thirst nor hunger and is fed by literally causing death and pain.

S'fun. They're pretty much one of the most entertaining classes to RP, particularly when you get into the morality of the Endless Hunger - do you murder other living beings in order to prolong your existence? Especially knowing said existence will go on forever, and you have to look forward to an eternity of murder? What might say, a former Paladin think of such a path?

All very good.

I wish more people took it seriously as this. Whenever I see a death knight lately I just... I don't really understand the reasoning behind most of their actions. I do not wish to come off as hostile but there seems to be a stereotype of insanity and hilarity and not the real kind of insane but random nonesense.
(10-25-2013, 05:54 AM)Dug Wrote: Some roleplay examples of this class made me hate it. I used to be in love with it, I wanted my main character and first character on CoTH to be one. Alas it didn't turn out that way.

I wish more people took it seriously as this. Whenever I see a death knight lately I just... I don't really understand the reasoning behind most of their actions. I do not wish to come off as hostile but there seems to be a stereotype of insanity and hilarity and not the real kind of insane but random nonesense.

In the elder days, when the community was more self-policing we had the Ebon Blade, spearheaded by Rensin's Khardona and a number of others who played renegade hunters(myself included), both inside and outside the guild, who brought the proverbial hammer down on people who refused to treat the matter with the seriousness it deserved, or intentionally went around doing the inexcusable.

It was quite elegant, as well, as IC actions lead to IC consequences, and it is very believable that the Ebon Blade would police their own, considering that they risk losing the support of the Big Two if they let their Knights run amok murdering indiscriminately or alternatively acting like loonies.

Most of the time it would just end in a stern warning or a trip to Acherus for some... questioning. And not death.

But it was effective, and it led to some very, very good Death Knight RP. My, I even remember the days when Kaztiel and the Ruinous Oath were around, and DK-centric storylines and events were in bloom. High-quality stuff. Even though at one point, the aforementioned Kaztiel died mid-event, killed by an NPC due to rolls. He accepted it gracefully. I'd never seen anyone agree to be offed by an enemy during events at the time, particularly on an established character that happened to be in the lead of a guild - so it stuck with me.

Besides. If you want good DK RP, make it. Provide a good example, and you will have a following.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(10-24-2013, 06:18 PM)Xigo Wrote: Paladin - 22
Hunter - 21
Rogue - 20
Priest - 23
Death Knight - 20
Shaman - 19
Mage - 22
Warlock - 28: Because everyone loves warlocks.
Druid - 22

HEY, WE HAVE 28 NOT 26. Unless I'm missing someyhing?

Sent from the Polish Space Station via my TOASTER279071.999(?)
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's It Got In Its Pocketses? [Game] Caravan 8 3,511 11-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Race Elimination Game 2: Electric Nubaloo Nymus 17 3,156 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Race Elimination Game Nymus 198 20,393 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  Silvermoon game crashes bug? Bitlordman 3 1,108 06-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Where can I find RP for my character? RP activity based on Race/Class Geoni 1 908 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Caravan