The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clean slate characters.
Hey all, Decided (yet again :P) to try a new character, and had an idea. I made a character who was in no way an adventurer. She is a plain and normal person in the world of warcraft, but I feel it will be fun to work with her, and slowly work her up to be...well...whatever she turns into, In the style of the "Fable" games. As such, the character starts off poor and irrelevant. Any Armour, training and gold the character get's is in character, as in, its all well having a character with awesome Armour from day one, but i feel it will be more rewarding to act out finding each individual piece, so that it all has a story and a memory rather than just being something to make my character look good. If she, for example, get's an epic looking sword, the going about of getting it must be equally epic and dangerous.

Anyway, was wondering what people thought of the idea, and if people wanted to join my hapless character in becoming whatever they become, be it a masterful hero, smalltime criminal or eccentric adventurer! Would be fun to do it in a small group of people advancing together on the way, so I put this up!

PS. Character is called Chloe, Human female, rogue. (but in no way roguish, subject to change class if she advances in the field of magic, or whatever else along the way), plain looking and ordinary in every way.

List of current characters:

Chloe Smith
Human Warrior

Tarstair Sinrae
Human

Valdan
Human warrior

Throy
Human warrior

Parth
Human Warrior.

Rodger
Human Warrior.

Arielle,
Human mage

Cathi Zachery
Human Priest

Lenna Ironhide
Human

We should really organise a little get together for the character to get to know each other, but rather than a huge battle, have it be a village fair or something xD
Hai Miah! :D
I have actually thought of doing this my self but the main problem I had was to let my character be a shrimp among sharks at all times. I still do not understand people walking around in gear that glows and blings and what not. It would truly be awesome with an ‘Average Joe' group of people in Warcraft so that you can actually develop your character from almost nothing up to what ever level of expertise that happens to fit.
I find being the shrimp among sharks half the fun. Add's a lot to the game when you genuinely fear going certain places and such. Most player characters wouldnt think twice about going to blackrock mountains but mine would be like. "Mountain of fire?! You mad! Im not going near that place, you can't make me!" *get's dragged, flailing*

Makes for fun :D
I did this for my old main back before the restart. It was fun and he ended up being the Commander of a Northrend militia group. T'was fun. I would be willing to participate in this!
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
I like this idea. Kind of makes me want to create a character with no weapons no armor and work his way to the top through shear will power.
Heh, I was just talking to User7 about this last night, it's a great idea that I plan to do as well sooner or later... I have quite a few characters at the moment already though.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Well, ive been thinking, of how characters like this can keep in touch, and, other than forming a guild which is a little restricting, I think that a channel would be the best way to go about it so, here goes!

All those clean slatey character's out there can join /join cleanslate if they want to :)
Well, it seems you made the squires and such.
Who's going to serve as their trainers/overlords?
For me, when I make mine, that will be decided IC. His OOC class is going to be a warrior for the time being, but IC he'll be a 'commoner'. From here, if he sees that the path of the warrior is best for him, he'll most likely join the Frostbrand Marines, if he enjoys guns and engineering, Steamfizzle Industries, and if he finds that he has a natural affinity for magic, then he'll run off with the Aula Arcana, etc. etc. These are just example guild of course, and in some cases he might not even join a guild at all, just take one set trainer.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
If people approach IC with offers of employment, chances to be squires, servants or diabolical minions, Ill take things as they come :D Right now, my character is the most powerful librarian on the server! Though...she is also the only one as far as i'm aware, so she is also the least powerfull :P
Brilliant idea. I thought about it myself a few times, but how the world works at the moment i thought it would be hard. I guess since there's more then just me now i might as well give it a shot. Count me in. :D
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
Started up my character. A human warrior by the name of Throy. Just a kind soul willing to help others. Gets everything he has through hard work alone.
If anyone wants to squire for a zealot paladin, send me a tell on Derrick, Delian, or Wilhelm.
I'm totally joining in on this, now. Thanks for the idea, Miah. I think I'm going to do entirely clean slated, though. Minimum history, doesn't leave Goldshire, only basics of academics, and Neutral in alignment until they develop morals.
This sounds fun, I guess I'll join in. The freshly baked human warrior named Valdan has been unleashed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fate of our characters FlyingSquirrel 27 13,980 03-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Hearthstone Characters DaveM 6 5,470 10-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Question Concerning Merchant Characters/Shops Felitsa 4 1,185 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Temporary characters for events Dae 8 1,943 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Kage