The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cleaning Up
I have talked to Kretol and Rensin. After a bit of discussion, we have come to a decision.

We should not need to be tearing our hair out every day. I shouldn't dread logging onto the server. I should not have to create long rants like I did last night.

Therefore, we are going to clean up the server. Players that have shown to be trouble-makers or just plain detrimental to the server as a whole will be removed. If you're worried that you'll be targeted, you probably will be.

This is our server. It is our right to choose who can and can not join.

I will update this thread later. For now, just know that the clean-up is coming.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I'm actually glad that you're cleaning up. It is completely your right to do what you wish with the server, and I support the removal of trash. Not to be mean, but there have been alot of people who've been joining that are really sub-par.
Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?
I havint said much on whats been going on...i'v never been one to speak up during heated debates and the likes. But I'll speak up here in saying "YAY!" to a clean up. I was thinking something like this would be best for the server as well.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Round one of the clean-up has been completed. The banhammer has fallen, often and hard. The following accounts were closed:

Round One:
Theonar
Urrg
P0mmy
TehBrittOwnzU
Levi59
TehJarl
Mizerable/Daichi

Round Two:
Vaermina
Aneth
Darkling

More to come.

Also, when I first made this thread, I jokingly told Qaza "You know, there's going to be that one person who says 'Yes, I agree!' to this thread, but is one of the people we're going to kick out." And dang, if I wasn't right. So called it.
This will make your server beautiful again. I sure hope I'm not in the next wave.

EDIT: I bet this will make chat very quiet for the next week or so.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Phew, I hope I haven't been here long enough to be hated.
I'm never for removal, but then again, I've never tried GMing anything other than RP sites and D&D that time in fourth grade.

Good luck, try not to make anyone cry!
Unless, like, you want to. Yeah. Yeah!
All you need to live is love love love love love!
Luxuries're cool, though. Like food and drink and shelter and such.
This question was asked yesterday, but I think it's important enough to post here, so no one gets the wrong idea.

The accounts that get closed are not picked by myself alone. My personal bias (if any) has little bearing. These are accounts that the GM staff as a whole have all agreed should be removed. Yes, even Kretol agreed to each of these, despite him obviously never approving of my decisions and being totally unaware of the evils I commit on the server, because he's just warm and fluffy like that. (Yes, that was sarcasm.)
May I ask how certain storylines are set to continue with the sudden removal of characters from the server?

Because I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to continue with the Undead Uprising when the second in command have been banned, also, I know I don't have anything to say here, but allow me to ask what I'm supposed to do now..

Also, if it's not too much to ask, why have these people been banned? I know it says "troublemaker" etc. but is it anything specific or just general attitude?
Those people probably fell in action, gone missing or something similar. In your case perhaps Undercity found out about the Uprising and took action against it, you could write some interesting IC post about it.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra's idea is probably the most solid way to handle it. It sucks that people's storylines were affected by this, but it needed to happen, badly.

When you've got a fairly large group of dedicated RPers who either refuse to join chat, hesitate to log on, or turn from normally calm, level-headed people into ranting maniacs because they've had enough... something needs to happen. When you've got a group of people on an RP server whose main energy goes into OOC channels with the occasional interruption of IC actions... something needs to happen. In fact, something obviously needed to happen a while ago.

If you read the first post, you'll find all the reason that's needed. As stated above... if RPers don't want to RP on an RP server... what does it become?

If you're offended by the clean-up, the "Log out" button is the last line in your Personal Menu on the left side of the screen.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Qaza, though I don't agree with the clean-up, well atleast not all of the people hit by the hammer deserved it imo, that doesn't mean I can't understand it.
I just think banning people over it is a bit.. Too much.
This is, in essence, a continuation of the pink-slipping Reetha did when she was a GM. Bans aren't on whims, not even these. If someone had his/her account closed, then it is because either:

A. Said person has shown an exceedingly poor attitude towards others, often including the GMs, to the point where it's detrimental to the community.

B. Said person has shown a complete disregard for rules, especially those that should be common sense, nearly the moment they first long in (exploitation, for example.)

C. Said person has, at some point in time, managed to make a GM so frustrated that he/she wanted to tear his/her hair out, due to stupidity or complete lack of respect.

D. Said person has shown a lack of interest in actually RPing on the server, or RPs in woefully subpar manners without attempts at improving (see the rant I made earlier).

I have not given specific reasons for each choice made. That is not because I am not willing to divulge such information (we usually do anyway,) but because I simply didn't have the time at the moment.
-goes and sits in the "doesn't agree with this" corner-

This is very extreme... and rather sudden in my opinion. Yes, I'm sure a select few players have been a bit disorderly... but everyone has their off days.

In a server... one has to understand that not everyone will agree with actions of those in power. Sometimes people wish to voice that disagreement, but the thought behind it gets lost in translation due to emotions and so on. We're only human.

Personally, I do not see this as a solution. Only a stall at best.

By starting this motion, however good the intentions are, it can only go downhill. A few bans here... a few bans there... People lose their friends and the server becomes even quieter.

I joined this server to roleplay. Thats the basis behind most of our reasons for joining. But whats the essence behind that? Its building friendships and meeting new people.

I know being a GM is not easy. You're constantly under fire for any action. You're not paid, and you do this out of the kindness of your heart. I can understand people can get on ones nerve, a few more rebellious players can make one want to.. "rip their hair out." Or something along those lines.

But banning? Too harsh. Theres got to be a better solution.

Every ban we lose another friend, another roleplayer. Sure they might not have been the nicest at times... sure they may have made you mad once in awhile... but what does that ban do? It makes them angry, it makes them sad. They may act harshly because of this.

I'm sorry if this came out more as a ramble... I just really don't like this idea. It reminds me far too much of something from history. Cleaning up just seems like a nice way of putting a weeding out process and could end up hurting everyone in the long run...
This isn't -just- because we GMs don't agree with someone. I've gone on, and had people -beg-, literally beg me and the other GMs to do something about these people. A -majority-, if not all the people that are older accounts on this server have asked for this. All of the people banned have information on them, have had multiple complaints from GMs -and- other players.

People are sick of the way the server has been. People have left or are leaving. I'm sorry that you handful don't agree with us, and as you've said, not everyone is going to agree with us.

This is something we needed to do. I hate to say it, but if any of these people were your friends, -any- of them, then you probably should broaden your horizen, and extend your hands to other RP.

Edit: And, to be fair. With "this being sudden", we've been busting our arses for months, upon months to try to get things straight. If people would have listened in the past months, to what we had told them, this wouldn't have happened to them. It's all pretty simple.

This all being said, we are going to stand by all of our descisions. Grakor, -Kretol-, and myself. This is for more than just our sanity.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Sehaara Wrote:But banning? Too harsh. Theres got to be a better solution.

There isn't.

Quote:Every ban we lose another friend, another roleplayer.

If we don't ban, we lose players, as people have been leaving because of the idiots that abound.

So, the question becomes...do we want to keep the scum at the bottom of the pond, or do we want the better RPers and the people we get along with?

I think the answer is obvious.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Cleaning Grakor456 1 937 07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Valen, screenshots, and cleaning up Grakor456 38 7,309 11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Ghardiak
  Cleaning Up, Part Two Qaza 1 1,158 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Qaza