The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cleaning Up
I'm going to say this once in here. I don't want whispers in game, or PMs about how we banned your good old buddy and you think we're so damn wrong for doing so. If you feel the -need- to bug me over this, it's my opinion your part of the damn problem that's going on lately.

I'm fine with you guys talking about this here, and it's okay to disagree with us, but if you get into a huge deal with me in game, it's not helpful. Nor is it going to mean that I'll suddenly change my standpoint and convince everyone else to "cut your bud some slack" and let them back. These descisions are -final-.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

To those of you in disagreement of the actions, have you honestly not been paying attention to the kinds of threads that've been popping up from GMs and players telling people to get their RP (and OOC) acts together? This has been going on for a while.

I'm pretty casual when it comes to RP. At the same time I support NOT lore breaking and following general RP standards. I had to step back on several occasions during this, what, month? Two month-long mess? God. And ask "are they overreacting?" I always came to the conclusion no one was overreacting.

It's not even like they're banning people who are simply beginner RPers. They just didn't seem to get what they were doing wrong after being told multiple times. They TRIED handling it in a better way. It's also not rather sudden. It was like hot grits in a pan. And it was only a matter of time they started flinging said grits. I'm hungry.
˜★Sketch Blog
All I can say is, thanks. What your doing is the only way at this time. Some of the players have been coming on to do random OOC stuff than RP later. Thank you.
McDonalds.
Alright, I'm sorry for whispering you in-game about this Sin, won't do that again, but I was just surprised and upset about this.

I know we're the minority on this server that doesn't agree with this ban-wave, but I just felt it was needed to say that not everyone here agrees.

I still think banning people is a bit too harsh, and I honestly believe a temporary ban of a week or so would really make people realize they've been doing something wrong.

Again, this is just my oppinion.
Again, we've been letting people know various ways for months. This shouldn't be a surprise at all. I could link every topic made lately having to do with frustration, starting with Q stepping down, and ending with Grak's post yesterday, but it'd be pointless, yeah?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

If people haven´t realized that something has/is been wrong after all the posts that´s been posted I must say (sorry for the harsh words) that they are a bunch or idiots...
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

True and true, but again, I think swinging the ban-stick around was too harsh.
Yes some people have stepped over the line, yes some other people have been annoyed by it, but banning people just doesn't seem right.

I'm not saying you're doing a bad job, but I believe you've made a mistake this time around.
Aneth Wrote:Yes some people have stepped over the line, yes some other people have been annoyed by it,

Yes, repeatedly. That is "probably" the cause, I don´t think the GM´s would ban anyone for "stepping over the line" only once.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Quote:I'm not saying you're doing a bad job, but I believe you've made a mistake this time around.

Well then, enlighten the masses to a more suitable approach? What way to stop all the eRP-focused lorekilling teensoap-drama bullbeep that's been ruining this server lately (that you've been a major part of)?

Seriously, I'm curious.
You disapprove. We get it. Really, we do. Unfortunately, it's not going to change the decision, and it's probably best to just let it lie. We don't need five posts from the same person saying the same thing.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Bishnak Wrote:Well then, enlighten the masses to a more suitable approach? What way to stop all the eRP-focused lorekilling teensoap-drama bullbeep that's been ruining this server lately (that you've been a major part of)?

Seriously, I'm curious.

I've never really noticed any eRP goings on. But then again I have only been active for.. Well, not even a week. I mean, I've heard sexual things being said in druaden if that's what you mean but I've not heard it excessivly.

Might be because I tend to focus on my own RP because if I read too many emotes and talking at once I get confused and think that I'll be responding to someone across the room.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
I have acually wished this upon this server for about a week now, we have had far to many "gamers" befouling our "role-players". I am so glad to see this happening, and I hope this clears up a lot of the trash and I even hope it will become a regular occurence in the coming months. I hope I will be around to see the improvment that is sure to follow. Though I know my name is possibly on the list for my OOC stupidity a few days ago. Thank You GM's, and to all that disagree, know this: Every player banned will improve this server one way or another which at this time is so desperatly needed.
Pardon my language, everyone. But people who are so concerned about the GM's beating down noobs with the ban stick:

Quote:Shut the #^&(@^#(@^$(&(&#@$@^ up.

I've been a GM before, I have made my own server before. I have seen a range of those magical people we call dumbarses annoy the hell out of the GMs. The first private server I was a GM on, I would walk around Goldshire and such, and I swear, all the players would come up to me and whine for items, curse me out, everything. So the people who have been banned for disturbing the RP balance by being rude, annoying, or becoming a gamer?

Screw em. Hope karma kicks them where the sun don't shine. -_-

~HelveteSong, serious roleplayer.
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Well spoken.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Cleaning Grakor456 1 937 07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Valen, screenshots, and cleaning up Grakor456 38 7,309 11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Ghardiak
  Cleaning Up, Part Two Qaza 1 1,158 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Qaza