The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Consistent Timeline
I think we can all agree that timelines in CotH aren't consistent at all and I was just thinking that even if we never get patched up to Mists, we'd need a way for it to stop being a few months after the Cataclysm. Like, maybe in a year or so IRL, Deathwing could be defeated but retain the Cataclysm expansion. Just a thought on what may happen in the future.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
For now, I believe we'd like to keep our "being in the middle of it all" idea, so that we grow used to the destruction that Deathwing's provoking every day. Unfortunately, in my not-so-many RP sessions since Cata, I haven't seen anyone bring much of a glimpse of what's actually happening to the world.. only the direct changes on a territory, but not the big picture.

Then, after a [long] time, we'll probably update the timeline to after having defeated Deathwing. Just as it was when CotH was on Wotlk; after having defeated the Lich King.

My thoughts.
I was gonna say, because I don't particularly want CotH patched up to Mists because I enjoy CotH the way it is now.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

I've been around for two years, and I got here after the Lich King was dead! I reckon we're gonna stick to Cata for a good while yet. :P

On the matter of timelines, I know that there's a lot of work ongoing right now about seeing them updated.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I sure hope it is not too soon. Else I have to spend a month again to download Mists with my uber-speedy internet.

Don't worry, when we switched to WotLK back in '08 the Lich King, as well as all major threats, were dead. Thus killing just about 98% of the chance for RP in Northrend outside of Dalaran. Cata is being done so that we are only a few months after the Cataclysm began, thus every major issue is out there waiting for the brave guilds and individuals out there to slay them.

For instance, there is a lot of fighting going on at Tol Barad. Before too long, it will become an active PvP Zone with full events revolving around that. For now, it's mostly PvE events, until the Horde and Alliance meet and clash.

I believe there is a guild taking on the problems of the Twilight Highlands right now (I can't remember, I want to say Lion Hearted or the Regiment, someone from this can tell you more.) That one is Alliance and @Brutalskars is working on getting a Horde equivalent up and running in Twilight Highlands with his Bloodsworn Honorguard.

I think @Nikodemos has or had plans regarding Uldum, not sure on that though.

I haven't heard anything regarding Vashj'ir, but there is always the possibility of using that zone for awesome events and Rp!

I am sure that there is some Night Elf guild gearing up for Mount Hyjal, or at least I hope there is!

And Deepholm? I am not very sure. Kind of a strange region to really do anything if you aren't a Shaman/Druid/Mage or something like that. But who knows?

Not to mention how about 65% of the world (excluding Northrend) has been changed either by War or by the Cataclysm! So the possibilities are endless for all manner of things, at least until we get geared for Mists in the distant future. At some point I am sure they'll say "Oh yeah, some elite peeps and their doo-dads killed that big ol' Darthwang. The world is saved!... for now."
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

To summarize, there's no reason to rush through cataclysm world events, we're going to be here for a while. If you're interested in DMing regional lore events, start slow, drop a PD concerning your idea so that you and the staff can best determine the pace at which to begin/proceed with such events. I regards to CotH's timeline... while there is substantial progress being made in regards to updates for the individual racial timelines, I highly stress avoiding their use for the present, as has always been our policy. When referencing historical events that do not specifically fall on our server timeline in profiles do your best to determine between what major events they occurred and adjust them based on the dates of our official timeline.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Yay! Thanks for helping me out with that and putting my mind at ease.
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Piroska's Ultimate Timeline Beltharean 9 1,838 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Meltharas006
  Changes to Timeline BountyHunter 20 3,563 01-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Four timeline/lore questions TadanoHitoshi 6 1,504 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus