The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

CotH - The Next Chapter
(01-28-2015, 01:02 AM)Jaella Wrote: I'm all game for GW 2 and NWN2, willing to create a world with people in NWN2 if they're interested. (Can always tinker on an existing world to make it Persistent-World friendly)

Also the slight possibility to host a Starbound RP server once it has been released? With custom lore to enable more flavours of the existing lore.

For maybe something totally radical, I got one other suggestion.

Freelancer..

I have Discovery Freelancer, but I have not played it much. Could be fun.
Discovery Freelancer....those were some dark days. Like....eighteen months ago.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
I'm willing to help with NWN2, as well as helping out Sachi.
I still don't think we really have to ditch the WoW server. :S
[Image: Signature.png]
(01-28-2015, 12:31 PM)Vrahn Wrote: I still don't think we really have to ditch the WoW server. :S

Can you elaborate on the why, Vrahn?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(01-28-2015, 12:31 PM)Vrahn Wrote: I still don't think we really have to ditch the WoW server. :S

Yeah, we kinda do. That was something they said was the issue. Kret's been keeping correspondence with them too...

He wouldn't get rid of something we all feel so enthusiastic over unless he was -forced- to. There's really no sense in him risking a hell of a fine or worse over having the server up, and -none of us- want that for him either.

Edit:

The Claim Wrote:Reporter's Title: DMCA Takedown Notice/ Copyright Claim - Emulated server to illegally play the game World of Warcraft through the website conquestofthehorde.com (IP:104.28.4.37 - 104.28.5.37)

That's from the claim itself. They want the server down, and have the -IP address- for it. It's not even a matter of "Sending a threatening letter to your ISP" it's a matter of "Take it down or we'll press charges", actually. This is a firm that handles that kinda stuff. A professional firm.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I don't know what to say, I just found out today. I was so busy getting my driver's license that I didn't notice. I haven't been active on the server for years, but I always felt great knowing it was there whenever I felt like returning.

I wont't be able to follow Coth if it goes to GW2. If I recall correctly pretty much all of Coth went to Tarnished Coast and I went to Piken Square because I figured I could just guest. Found out some time ago that you can't guest servers in other regions.

SWTOR is one option, but the F2P restrictions are really annoying. You can't even hide your headslot without paying up.

I was going to start up the guild on Champions Online again but my free time ended up being dominated by my son, which I should have expected. Somebody else should pick that up. It's a brilliant RP platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I am up for anything. I am just RPing in new places or in old. I mean, if some RP spurts up and I'll know of it through skype.. I'll most likely be there.

I do not commit to anything, though. I enlist in 5 months and 21 days.
Hey,

Ever thought about opening an Ultima Online Free Shard for dedicated roleplay? A LOT can be done with the medium. Check out:

darkagerp.com

and

khaeros.net

for examples.

They are pretty much so customized that you can hardly tell they are UO anymore.

Cheers,
Michael
I've mentioned it a couple of times but only in chat, I believe! I used to staff The Alter Realm (Sphere) many, many years ago.

We'd also get the benefit of player housing and a thriving crafting system that helps customize the appear of those structures.
Piroska,

Did you go by the same handle in the UO community? Your name seems very familar. What other shards did you play on?

Cheers,
Michael
TAR Sphere and TAR Pol only, though I staffed the former. I was GM Cynra, and predominately played a townie called Vera and a very super secret PKer named DemonLady (I was afraid that having her be public wouldn't engender me to the community and my ability to serve them).

I was also the server's top interior decorator!
I'm reminded of this one game I used to play that was basically a MUD built into a website (So no need for a client) with a simple GUI and a simple map with directional keys. Not terribly fancy or detailed, but it was fun and people would congregate for roleplay at this one Inn right near the spawn zone. (No, I don't remember the name.)

Maybe something like that could be created? Presuming it was something pre-fab that GMs could add in new content to with a content creator instead of having to do any coding?

But beside that, I'd be down with a MUD, or just anything that lets us create our own world.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
So... As much as I enjoyed WoW RP I must admit it has become rather stale for a number of reasons. Random dragons of death and destruction included. Perhaps being forcefuly booted out is a good thing, not that I would totally hang up Warcraft RP either way, but still, it does open a few doors.

I agree with the majority here that transforming into an overall gaming community is the way to go. Sure I'm for making it mostly concentrate on facilitating quality RP in different games, but playing other games with people from here just for fun would be great too. We got Skype, Steam and all that jazz, might as well make more aggressive use of it.

Oh and as for creating worlds: Minecraft.
And there's also Planet Explorers, which I haven't tried, but it looked like Minecraft on steroids.
(01-30-2015, 03:46 AM)Aisha Wrote: So... As much as I enjoyed WoW RP I must admit it has become rather stale for a number of reasons. Random dragons of death and destruction included. Perhaps being forcefuly booted out is a good thing, not that I would totally hang up Warcraft RP either way, but still, it does open a few doors.

I agree with the majority here that transforming into an overall gaming community is the way to go. Sure I'm for making it mostly concentrate on facilitating quality RP in different games, but playing other games with people from here just for fun would be great too. We got Skype, Steam and all that jazz, might as well make more aggressive use of it.

Oh and as for creating worlds: Minecraft.
And there's also Planet Explorers, which I haven't tried, but it looked like Minecraft on steroids.
Planet explorers is fun.  So is Starbound, 7 days to die, Space Engineers, and a bunch of other things.  Heh.  We have quite a lot of options.

I do like the talk of a UO shard too.