The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Coth County: Modern Fantasy RP
So, with a D20 proper server in the works and WoW RP an option again, I've come onto a direction for NWN2 that no one asked for: Modern Day RP.

What I have in the works ATM is the following maps to be available at launch:

Suburban Neighborhood
-With Clubhouse & pool
-four finished house interiors
- ~6 other homes

Downtown Shopping center
-finished interior coffee shop
-one small misc. shop

Downtown City Center
-Custom modeled block including:
--A police station (w/ finished interior)
--A courthouse
--An Office building

City Park
-Typical park fare
-sports field (need vampire baseball)
-Deep, magical forested area
-accessable cave system

City Cemetery
-Crypt
-access to cave system?

Of course, NWN2 is foremost a medieval fantasy setting, so we'll be using medieval placeholders where possible. I will be making custom textures for existing models and new (albeit untextured) models where there isnt an appropriate alternative.

What I need to know from yall is the following:
What races are around? Elves and goblins, vampires, wrewolves and the likes, or just humans with strange powers or perhaps something else entirely?

What mood/theme are yall interested in? Happy little town? (CotH Animal Crossing like) A rough but hopeful world? (WoWlike) Or a world two steps from being the rather nasty smudge on the shoe of an eldritch abomination (Lovecraftlike)
Somewhere inbetween?

What power level do you feel player characters (and the community as a whole) should have? DBZland? Mild mahic conveniences, which can combine together to face great evils? WoWCoth-like?

Do you have any ideas for narratives, types of magic and such you'd rather see?

Where should it be set? I was thinking North Carolina, but any suggestions of other states or countries are good, too.

And, of course, what kind of character and organizations/businesses are you interested in playing? If we have a push for, say, Fireman guilds, I can see what I can do for the alpha.
Lovecraftlike. Give me all the Lovecraftlike.

As for races...there's a couple book series I like. One of which is the Jill Kismet series. I'd fish around on this Urban Fantasy Wiki for race and environment ideas. Also, Call of Cthulhu, the Changeling sourcebooks, Shadowrun...any WoD type things, the Secret World. I want to play a Changeling type thing in a Lovecraft setting, gimme.

Power level...somewhere between mild conveniences and CotH-like, I guess.

I'm not sure what you mean by narratives. Type of magic? I prefer ritual based rather than suddenly-blast-you-with-sparkles.

Don't care where it's set, any environment has potential.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Lovecraft Themed:

Races: Playable humans, and NPC creatures of all kinds.

Mood/Theme: Mystery / Dark / Occult / Adventure

Power Level: Powerful magic that's fairly uncommon. Most people need to still use guns, or knives, or bludgeoning weapons or what have you in most situations, but if you set up a spell and gather a group of people together you can do some pretty cool things. Maybe some more casual magic that doesn't have crazy consequences too, but simple stuff.

Types of Magic: Occult magic, based either out of antiquity, old historical texts, or inscriptions, or out of mathematical equations.

Setting: North eastern USA is done a lot for Lovecraftian settings, so I think somewhere a bit more unconventional like Ireland can have some really cool Gaelic inspired horror stuff. Maybe somewhere in eastern Europe. North Carolina could be cool too, as well as Louisiana.

Other options:

Set 50-60 years after a zombie apocalypse. Little bastions of civilization have emerged and things are going fine, but then the virus mutates and the players have to adapt.

Demons and Angels: All hell has broken loose, literally. Either demons have found a way to break through onto Earth, or Judgement Day has come and everyone's screwed.

Harry Potter: Something similar to Harry Potter where magic is common and used for all sorts of every day applications, but it's hidden from people who don't know how to use it.

Vampires vs Werewolves: This is pretty cliche, but I've done it in the past and it can be pretty fun, especially if it's done in a mature and thought provoking way. It would take more work, but people already know the stereo and archetypes.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but those are the options I'm throwing out!
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I'd love to try some modern RP. With some funky fantasy elements thrown in, too! I'd say go with Lovecraftlike as well, since I'm interested in trying out a rather dark, hopeless and bleak setting. And if this anything like Shadowrun, I think my legs will give out. I'm enjoying this idea already.

As for races, of course humans are necessary. I'd also like to see dwarves and perhaps orcs as well. Elves I'm not too big on, but I'm fine with them being there, haha. I'd like player characters to be decently powerful, but ultimately insignificant in comparison to some great evil that's threatening the world. I like a hefty amount of sacrifice to defeat a stronger enemy, and that's not really possible if the PCs can take on an army, or a monster the size of a skyscraper, by themselves.

I'm cool with pretty much all the magic you can think of, as long as it's not -too- powerful. I like magic being strong, but dangerous, causing physical hurt to the spellcaster if they exert themselves too much.

As for environments, I'm cool with anywhere. I'd like to see Australia get some love, but I'm extremely biased toward it, what with me living here and all. I feel like a smaller town or city would work better for this, though.

Hm, now I just need to get NWN2...

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
Goblins only.

It looks like everyone wants to go Lovecraftian.

Magic is "new", perhaps it did exist at one time, it died out, and then with the Lovecraftian horrors coming back, magic just sort of 'unlocks' for people (not "I suddenly can throw fireballs and cast hexes", more "I now have the potential".)

CotH-like is cool for me with power level.

Let's go further South for the setting, like Texas, so we can deal with American and Mexican horrors.

I made this post super quick.
Well, The Secret World did this setting exceptionally great. Terrible gameplay, super great setting and lore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
We were talking about the Elves on the Road/Urban Fantasies universe last week, and that might work fairly well. It takes place in the modern day (though for the actual books, modern day was the '90s or so). Elves and other fairy folk used to live on the Earth, but they needed to retreat "underground" to the Otherworld due to the proliferation of iron in day-to-day use (it's terribly dangerous to them). Technology has progressed, however, so that humans use more composites and plastics and rubber and non-iron metals, which has allowed the elves to take their gates out from this nebulous Otherworld and start interacting with mortals again.

There are two major organizations that are consistently at odds with one another: the Seelie and Unseelie Courts. The Seelie Court is overseen by Titania and her consort Oberon. They usually consist of the (generally) nicer fair folk, such as unicorns, sprites, nymphs, pixies, selkies, kelpies, and elves. The Unseelie Court are the evil faeries, which includes satyrs, goblins, hobgoblins, ogres, and elves. They're mostly a loose coalition of smaller groups (generally led by elves) who fight among one another for power, prestige, and control.

The biggest conflict between the two groups is their view of humanity. Unseelie Court loathes humans; they delight (and may also draw power) from tormenting humans. For example, a banshee may draw power by wailing at a person and causing immense fear. Seelie Court is mostly indifferent to humanity, with a smaller group that believes that the future of the elves rests in the hands of humans. See, elves and other fae can craft nearly anything, but they cannot create new concepts or ideas. They rely on humans to come up with ideas and then they can manipulate them as needed (which is how you can stumble across an Unseelie Court castle in the Otherworld that looks exactly like something from a movie -- I think that the old Conan the Barbarian film was referenced in one of the novels). With that input, elves stagnate underground and have disappeared entirely from contact; it is assumed that they were enveloped by the mists in the Otherworld, which is a sort of primordial magical power from which different pockets of living areas are carved out.

The added fun of the universe is that every magical concept is assumed to have existed, even if it wasn't drawn from Gaelic lore. There are kitsune, dragons, lamia, and so on. Many even reside in a weird magical city in the Otherworld where every culture's architectures and designs and beliefs mix together with magical creatures who are influenced by human's scifi and cyberpunk universes.
It does need to have bards, Kaedrins PrC and gnomes.
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
Lovecraftian The Wolf Among Us. That's all I'm saying.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Just an update to make this clear, I am actively working on this project.

Unfortunately, I am facing a technical hiccup with my computer. I think Pokki is partly to blame, and I will forever be peeved with my computer manufacturer for packing it in my default computer loadout. I will have to play troubleshoot funtimes, but at worst, I'll just have to revert to my backup on the map.

While I have been divorced from the NWN2 mapmaking funstuffs for the moment, I have taken this opportunity to play with head replacers. You see, NWN2 uses separate models for the heads than the rest of the body so that they can easily provide more head options without fear of tearing and messing up the base mesh. This means the game is just screaming for new head models.
I've already modeled a base head and am faffing about with different head types. I'm thinking four different head styles for each gender when I first get this going: a full face, a "generic" face, a lithe face and a somewhat beastial face. Eventually, I'd like to create a somewhat cartoony base model for each sex, realistically along the lines of something you might see in TBC.

As for inhuman like horns, elf ears and the likes, I want them to be toggaleable. The easiest way to do this seems to be to make them helmet items that can be worn or removed at will. All characters in the county will have a human form, but they should be able to at least manifest nifty features, right?

What I need from yall are samples of haircuts you would be interested in your character having. links and pics, please.

Lastly, I'm polishing a general lore overview and guide to character creation so that yall'l be able to get your ideas pumping.
I'm so excited for this even though I don't own NWN2, have little knowledge on Lovecraftian settings and am a little scared right now.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
I'm setting this up to not have a constant Lovecraftian setting, but for lovecraftian horror to be the predominant threat against the players. There should be many opportunities for happy, normal and casual RP, as its the mundane that makes horror all the more horrible.
At least at first, the worst of the lovecraftian stuff will be Event content, so that the less horror-themed characters (myself included) can ease into it, with horror aficionados acting as our guides.
This is a rough draft of all the information needed for Coth County. I wanted to go ahead and post this so that yall have some idea of what I'm going for and can go ahead and play with character ideas, but please, ask questions. Poke holes in flaws. Help me make this something worth RPing with.

This is a world touched by the influence of many others. The realms of fae and angels, of demons, beasts and spirits of all sorts intermingling with the mortal realm. Magic beings of this world or other live their lives on Earth, in peace or in strife. There are an endless number of names, but quite often, they settle on the "Magic Folk" or simply, "The Folk," for its innocuous nature in mortal conversation. Greater threats have also taken hold of this humble little world, as agents of many, vast horrorterrors which seem to desire the world as both their playground and dinner.

These beasts are chaos and madness incarnate, and throughout history, their advances have been halted by the Earth's inhabitants, every time at great cost. These events are called Bindings, which forcefully expel a Horror's interdimensional being back to whence it came. Within human history, the last few bindings have been by human hands. Unfortunately for the magical Folk, a human banishment is indiscriminate against all magic, and has harmed and/or expelled many mystical beings from their ancestral homes. Beginning around 500 years ago, the greatest human banishment in history occurred, expelling magic folk from much of Eastern Europe, West Asia and Northern Africa. This prompted a mass immigration of magic beings, and human followers soon after, resulting in the colonial era. Those further East of this Binding still felt the pressure, as the supernatural disruption radiated across Asia and caused migration conflict among the native beings and refugees.

The influx of powerful magic Folk, new mortals and violence in the Americas stirred another Horror from sleep, which had dug its spur into Central America. The native peoples of the Americas were on friendlier terms with the Folk of their own land, and were able to commit another banishment with less harm having come to their supernatural comrades. However, the event wiped out many native civilizations, paving the way for European control.

Again, the Folk would migrate, but this time with purpose and not out of fear. Another beast lurks to this day in New England, awaiting a new opportunity to overtake the Earth. The Folk set themselves upon the font of the Horror's power, and created the most powerful binding spell that has yet existed in this world. The mystic strength of hundreds of magical beings came together in a potent field several miles wide. This powerful spell came at a great cost to the participants, their descendants, and any other powerful entity that should wander within its borders for too long. Any greater being has its power reduced to that of an enchanted mortal, so as to fuel the Seal. However, to ensure the safety of the Folk in light of the growing human population, they wove a few safeguards into the spell: All those with magical disposition are granted a human form, and in times of need, the ability of appointed individuals to call upon the power of the seal to protect it and its inhabitants.

The former is a very generous enchantment, able to absorb the effects of curses, break mental domination and provide a mortal form even to Lesser magical beings. This was put in place so as to provide  sanctuary to those transformed into Zombi when the Central American horror became worshiped as a Loa. This also applies to ghouls and undead varieties of lesser vampire. These undead are given a "Living" human form, though even then, their bodies are cold and pale. Some look down upon these undead because it was meant to reward the honorable humans whom had helped with the South American Banishment but it still applies to newer undead. Weaker beings tend to require more magic than they bring to the Seal.

The latter gift is given to particular individuals chosen by the community. These stewards of the Seal are meant to fight the Horror's forces and protect the Seal. While all Folk employed by the County are meant to work together, there are three main branches: the Guard, the Ciphers and the Ledgers. It is also important to note that powerful beings are restored their power as needed, even lesser beings have their latent powers enhanced in a positive manner relating to their specialty.

The Guard is the militia and police of the county, and in general are the most combat oriented of the three main branches of the Folk's governance of the County. Focused primarily on Force, they take on a variety of tasks, from fighting the agents of the Horrors to policing supernatural displays within the County. In the 1950s, there was a Disturbance in the Seal that killed off many, including most of the Guard vetrans. Reported to the public as a coal mine explosion, the Guard is in lean times to this day, populated mostly by younger Folk.

Also significant are the Ciphers, whom bear the task of disguising the Folk community as a whole. These individuals plant themselves into human society, both convincing them that any magic they may see is mere coincidence, as well as watching the humans for any signs of Horror influence. In advanced levels, they may call upon the Seal to grant them Finesse-based abilities to disguise and defend both the supernatural and the mortal realm.

The third branch of the County's magical organization are the the Ledgers, or more recently known as the Beaurocrats. These folks deal both with the increasingly tedious task of granting the Folk human identities and with the maintenance of the Seal itself. They run the county for the mprtals and deal with new magical beings throwing in their lot with the Seal. They also have had to promote immigration of more magical folk to strengthen the Seal. They also safeguard magical artifacts and tomes in the Library. Rather than possessing Seal-blessed powers, these Folk tend to busy themselves with more indirect forms of magic, from rituals and alchemy to the manipulation of artifacts.

So, now on to character creation. With multiple immigration waves across the globe, you have the freedom to be basically anything. (with a few stipulations) You could be a Kitsune whose family was sent East to California after times became hard from the Eurasian Binding. You could be something made up, like an Armored Sea Robin spirit with magic drum powers. (All species may have a Folk spirit with skills relevant to the creature in question) Just be sure, with common things like werewolves or dragons, that you specify a subset of your character's species. There is no one way that most beings work- a Lunar werewolf may turn into a wolf in the moonlight, but another may change at will. Don't encroach upon the creativity of others and you'll be fine.

As for those stipulations... Firstly, there are no crossbreeds unless there is a mythological prescidence. Also, hyppogriffs are a myth, made up as a joke because griffins hate horses. (All griffins have a moderate allergy to horses, but magical equines just sometimes gives them the sniffles) Someone born from mystical folk of different breeds will wind up taking after one parent or the other. In general, too, pick a Folk race for the character opportunities, not for Minmaxing, powerplaying or anything of the like. There are means of balancing characters in place that ultimately ignore anything terribly unbalanced that one could argue a character "Should" have. Lastly, try to avoid the heavily copyrighted. Make up your own, similarly themed race if you are inspired by owned materials.

Certain traits are allowed, but require a Special Profile, in the same vein as a WoWCotH Special profile. These criteria include:
- Being of a wealthy/powerful family, whether in terms of human currency or of some mystical bloodline. This is for basically the same reasons that they're special in Warcraft.
-Being above the base level in the Guard or Ledgers, or a first promotion in the Cyphers. These characters can tap into the Seal's power, so they would need to have the proper training and qualifications for it. It also places them above the base power level in certain circumstances, which in general needs to be monitored.
-Being over 200 years old. Even if one is immortal, there are just so many hazards throughout the history of the County. Older individuals are just plain rare. TBH, with the lore being new, we'd need to work with the older PC's players to ensure story cohesion, anyway. This may be subject to change.
-Having a power level of four or greater in one stat. Even though the residents of the county are all around level 2 under the influence of the Seal, characters greater than power level 4 tend to sacrifice more than they gain from joining the County. They need a thoroughly explained reason for why they joined the County and how they deal with the loss of such power. In some cases, they may have been born a part of the county, but that usually goes with the first criteria for special profiles.
-Being a human above power level 3 in any stat. This takes extraordinary circumstances, typically magic artifacts or access to the Seal's power.
-Being a reality-bending species. Cheshire cats and the likes are going to need some special rules.

Speaking of Power Levels, this is a simple "stat" setup that will give an indication of the characters' supernatural strengths. Power Levels are divided into two general sections: Force and Finesse. Force is a broad term for offense-based skills. Whether you have super strength, fire breath or can shoot psybeams, combat and attack oriented skills are Force-based. Finesse, on the other hand, is for things like dodging, illusion, agility and the likes. Things that are exceptional magic that can't directly maim another character falls under this category. Each character type has their own average point amount which they should distribute between Force and Finesse.

(For the sake of convenience, please don't go smaller than halves unless crucial to a character's build, like with normal Humans, where a quarter point can say a lot about them)

A character gets daily powers that can be generalized in DnD terms along the lines of spell levels. Unlike spells, however, they can encompass physical feats. A basic feat is the equivalent of a cantrip.
It is important to note that when enchanted humans cast base feats and the Folk cast level one feats, their mortal form is weakened, exposing some Features of their true form. This can manifest in a variety of ways, from fangs to ears to complexion, to eyes and tails and the likes. I would like to make a continuing list of Feats and Features so that we can build a "spellbook" and keep types consistent.

Humans are naturally in the range of 0 to 1 point between the skills, and often don't have much anything in more than one section. Having a value of zero simply means that they lack supernatural features in that category, but can be decently capable as an average human being.
A human may be able to perform one basic level spell a few times a week.

Enchanted humans, such as changelings, wizards, zombies and cursed humans in general are around 2-3. Those above the level of 2.5 in Finesse or Force will have their strength slightly decreased in their contribution to the seal.
They can perform 3-5 cantrips a day for force and Finesse each, and have a single level one feat depending on whether their fitness or finesse is higher.

Magic Folk of all sorts are usually anywhere from 3 to 6, rarely with over 4 in Force or Finesse. Any force above two will be reduced down to two unless tapping into the seal. They maintain their understanding of their true form and power regardless of the Seal's influence.
The Folk may cast basic feats as much as they like and 3-5 level one feats per day from a spell list appropriate for their race.

Greater Beings at times can be anywhere from 8 to 12 points total, and have to formally register with the Ledger to ensure that the Seal's effects are not irreparably harmful to their being. These beings are not playable save as event and NPC charscters. Their dailies will vary.

As a note on Feats, They will function on a good will basis. Typically, "daily" is more of an OoC guideline on the limits of your character. And no, it doesn't work on Cinderella logic; you don't get your skills reset at the stroke of twelve.
In practice, "X per day" will more likely manifest as "X per RP session." Unless roleplay with completely different characters is confirmed to be in the same day, you're probably safe to reset your skill count in a new RP.

Templates for Character Creation:

Human
Spoiler:
(Thread name: CharacterName Human)
Player: (You, silly)

Species: (Human, of course, but put it here anyway)

Occupation: (Are they a student? A Shopkeep? You can also include hobbies that significantly influence your character here, like Baseball Player or Gamer)

-------

Hair: (Hair color and typical cut)

Eyes: (Just normal colors for humans, please. Contacts and glasses may also be listed)

Weight: (Typical BMI stuff)

Height: (Typical height stuff; abnormal height is discouraged)

Complexion and other features: (This can encompass race, birthmarks, physical features and the likes. Basically, any natural attribute in their appearance that doesn't fall under the other categories)

Typical clothing and gear: (What it says on the tin. This is also a good place to put frequently carried items relating to their job and/or hobbies)

--------

Skills: (General skills. Spoken languages, professions, talents, the ability to drive a car, etc.)

Stats: (Divide your Force and Finesse points here. Humans typically are 0-1. You can divide your given point into smaller decimals.)

Powers: (If applicable) (If a human has the ability to cast a cantrip, list them here. This shouldn't be more than 1-3 possible basic abilities they can choose from.)

Education: (Did they get a PhD? Did they drop out of Highschool? Though mostly a background trait, this is important in modern settings for things like employment)

Citizenship/residence: (Are they from around here? Did they move from another state or country? Are they illegal aliens?)

Knowledge of the Folk: (Typically speaking, mortals should not be aware of the Folk or magic in general, unless they are family to a Folk or are the descendants of a founding mortal family. Ciphers may guide the more magically-inclined mortals, as long as they do not reveal any details about other Folk or the nature of the County. PC Ciphers must post their acknowledgement in a profile thread to confirm their involvement)

Family: (Being a relatively small locale, characters are more likely to be related to each other. Please note whom a character is played by and whether they are aware of their relationship to them)

History: (What it says on the tin. Think real history here.)

Enchanted Human

Spoiler:

(Thread name: CharacterName Enchanted Human)

Species: (Human, of course, but put it here anyway)

Curse/Gift/Other: (What is it that grants them magical power? Are they from a lineage of Hungarian Shaman? Are they cursed to be a living EMP? Are they a Wizard?)

Occupation: (Are they a student? A Shopkeep? You can also include hobbies that significantly influence your character here, like Baseball Player or Gamer)

-------
Mortal Disguise (If Applicable) (Enchanted humans may or may not need a Mortal Disguise, in which case, this is simply the Appearance section)

Eyes: (Just normal colors for humans, please. Contacts and glasses may also be listed)

Complexion and other features: (This can encompass race, birthmarks, physical features and the likes. Basically, any natural attribute in their appearance that doesn't fall under the other categories)

Typical clothing and gear: (What it says on the tin. This is also a good place to put frequently carried items relating to their job an d/or hobbies)

--------
Mystical Form (If Applicable)(Most commonly found with cursed humans, though wizards and people with mystical ancestry may take on strange auras, third eyes, and the likes)

Style: (Is it holy, undead, astral, or the likes? Does the individual take on a monsterous form?)

Description / Difference from Human Form (Pick one or the other. Typically, you will only need to list the differences from the normal human form)

Exposed Features: (As enchanted humans are typically less altered by the Seal's magic than the Folk, they tend to manifest fewer features unless throwing the entire weight of their power behind their abilities. Enchanted humans may pick a "Spectral Feature" rather than a full feature- someone with a Third Eye might only get a faint glow on their forehead, for example)

--------
Skills: (General skills. Spoken languages, professions, talents, the ability to drive a car, etc.)

Stats: (Divide your Force and Finesse points here. Enchanted Humans typically are 1-2.5.)

Powers: (Enchanted Humans can cast 3-5 base feats a day, from a spellbook of up to ten feats.)

Education: (Did they get a PhD? Did they drop out of Highschool? Did they never go to school because of their curse?)

Citizenship/residence: (Are they from around here? Did they move from another state or country? Are they illegal aliens?)

Knowledge of the Folk: (Typically speaking, mortals should not be aware of the Folk or magic in general, unless they are family to a Folk or are the descendants of a founding mortal family. Ciphers may guide the more magically-inclined mortals, as long as they do not reveal any details about other Folk or the nature of the County. PC Ciphers must post their acknowledgement in a profile thread to confirm their involvement, If a character is two points or under in Force and Finesse, the Seal will have no inherent effect on them, and they must register with the Ledgers to receive a Human Disguise. Those over 2 in either stat will automatically have their power over 2 siphoned by the Seal over a period of a week when inside the County, eventually gaining a Mortal Form automatically.)

Family: (Being a relatively small locale, characters are more likely to be related to each other. Please note whom a character is played by and whether they are aware of their relationship to them)

History: (What it says on the tin. Think real history here.)

Magic Folk

Spoiler:

(Thread name: CharacterName (species))

Species: (What are they?)

Subspecies: (If applicable)(Specify the "type" of Folk they are, so that different types of the same creature may exist. Please list a name, region or other descriptor that separates them from other subspecies)

Occupation: (Are they a student? A Shopkeep? A Cypher? You can also include hobbies that significantly influence your character here, like Baseball Player or Gamer. Folk may also have an "arcetype" to them- a Trickster, a Matron, etc. if they follow more classical character types for magical beings)

-------

Mortal Disguise

Typical clothing and gear: (What it says on the tin. This is also a good place to put frequently carried items relating to their job an d/or hobbies)

--------

True Form
(For the sake of balance, all Folk should have some inhuman features to their being. If your character doesn't, reconsider whether they should be Folk or an Enchanted Human. For beings like Elves, they don't need many differences, but they should be there)

Shape: (Are they humanoid? Gargoyle-like? Animals?)

Description / Difference from Human Form (Pick one or the other. For beastial Folk, you'll need to use a description, but for humanoid Folk, like Nymphs, they may just need a different body size, wings and different eyes or something)

Exposed Features: (These are attributes that can either be displayed at will or will manifest when using any supernatural Feats. Things like unusual Ears, claws, auras and the likes all fall under this category. Many Folk tend to find showing some features more comfortable. Note that publicly displaying these features among clueless mortals can get you in trouble with the Guard and/or Ledgers. Technically speaking, manifesting but concealing them, like hiding odd eyes behind sunglasses or small wings under coats is allowed, but frowned upon)

--------

Skills: (General skills. Spoken languages, professions, talents, the ability to drive a car, etc. List any magical knowledge here, as well )

Stats: (Divide your Force and Finesse points here. The Folk typically possess 3-6 points total. Characters with 4 or greater require a special profile, and don't go cheezing things by listing your character as a "3.95" power level or something like that. Characters with points in Force or Finesse over 2 will have their base power reduced to two, but are listed publicly as contributors to the Seal.)

Powers: (Pick up to five Base-level feats that your character can perform at will. Choose a "spellbook" of up to ten level-one powers from which your character may choose from to use three to five times a day. )

Natural Abilities: (Folk tend to have innate advantages that shouldn't be categorized as a Feat, like a Dryad being able to talk to trees, or a fish spirit being able to breathe water. Please list such powers here and again, blatant abuse is not okay. Note that certain natural feats, like talking to bees requires a custom-tailored feat to be able to command same bees to attack, defend or act like bee-based telekinesis)

Education: (Have they ever gotten a human-style education? From whom did they learn to use their innate powers? Who are/were their mentors?)

Citizenship/residence: (Where are they from? Where do they live now? Do they have a human identity, registered with the appropriate governments?)

Knowledge of the Folk: (Typically speaking, a Folk is going to have an idea of a hidden magical community somewhere in the vicinity of the county. However, the details are not usually so known to outsiders. Ledgers may work with the Cyphers to reach out to outside Folk to try to bolster their numbers or offer sanctuary)

Status with the Seal: (If a character is two points or under in Force and Finesse, the Seal will have no inherent effect on them, and they must register with the Ledgers to receive a Human Disguise. Those over 2 in either stat will automatically have their power over 2 siphoned by the Seal over a period of a week when inside the County, eventually gaining a Mortal Form automatically. Folk with a power level over 4 in either Force or Finesse risk self-injury if they do not come forward to the Ledgers to make sure their relationship to the seal does not siphon the wrong magical essences.)

Family: (Being a relatively small locale, characters are more likely to be related to each other. Please note whom a character is played by and whether they are aware of their relationship to them. Also mention their subspecies and what that should entail, if applicable)

History: (What it says on the tin. Think real history here, and past County lore if they are of an unusual age.)
(02-23-2015, 10:19 AM)Piroska Wrote: We were talking about the Elves on the Road/Urban Fantasies universe last week, and that might work fairly well. It takes place in the modern day (though for the actual books, modern day was the '90s or so). Elves and other fairy folk used to live on the Earth, but they needed to retreat "underground" to the Otherworld due to the proliferation of iron in day-to-day use (it's terribly dangerous to them). Technology has progressed, however, so that humans use more composites and plastics and rubber and non-iron metals, which has allowed the elves to take their gates out from this nebulous Otherworld and start interacting with mortals again.

There are two major organizations that are consistently at odds with one another: the Seelie and Unseelie Courts. The Seelie Court is overseen by Titania and her consort Oberon. They usually consist of the (generally) nicer fair folk, such as unicorns, sprites, nymphs, pixies, selkies, kelpies, and elves. The Unseelie Court are the evil faeries, which includes satyrs, goblins, hobgoblins, ogres, and elves. They're mostly a loose coalition of smaller groups (generally led by elves) who fight among one another for power, prestige, and control.

The biggest conflict between the two groups is their view of humanity. Unseelie Court loathes humans; they delight (and may also draw power) from tormenting humans. For example, a banshee may draw power by wailing at a person and causing immense fear. Seelie Court is mostly indifferent to humanity, with a smaller group that believes that the future of the elves rests in the hands of humans. See, elves and other fae can craft nearly anything, but they cannot create new concepts or ideas. They rely on humans to come up with ideas and then they can manipulate them as needed (which is how you can stumble across an Unseelie Court castle in the Otherworld that looks exactly like something from a movie -- I think that the old Conan the Barbarian film was referenced in one of the novels). With that input, elves stagnate underground and have disappeared entirely from contact; it is assumed that they were enveloped by the mists in the Otherworld, which is a sort of primordial magical power from which different pockets of living areas are carved out.

The added fun of the universe is that every magical concept is assumed to have existed, even if it wasn't drawn from Gaelic lore. There are kitsune, dragons, lamia, and so on. Many even reside in a weird magical city in the Otherworld where every culture's architectures and designs and beliefs mix together with magical creatures who are influenced by human's scifi and cyberpunk universes.

This setting reminds me very much of Shadowrun.
(02-22-2015, 09:34 PM)Dae Wrote: So, with a D20 proper server in the works and WoW RP an option again, I've come onto a direction for NWN2 that no one asked for: Modern Day RP.

What I have in the works ATM is the following maps to be available at launch:

Suburban Neighborhood
-With Clubhouse & pool
-four finished house interiors
- ~6 other homes

Downtown Shopping center
-finished interior coffee shop
-one small misc. shop

Downtown City Center
-Custom modeled block including:
--A police station (w/ finished interior)
--A courthouse
--An Office building

City Park
-Typical park fare
-sports field (need vampire baseball)
-Deep, magical forested area
-accessable cave system

City Cemetery
-Crypt
-access to cave system?

Of course, NWN2 is foremost a medieval fantasy setting, so we'll be using medieval placeholders where possible. I will be making custom textures for existing models and new (albeit untextured) models where there isnt an appropriate alternative.

What I need to know from yall is the following:
What races are around? Elves and goblins, vampires, wrewolves and the likes, or just humans with strange powers or perhaps something else entirely?

What mood/theme are yall interested in? Happy little town? (CotH Animal Crossing like) A rough but hopeful world? (WoWlike) Or a world two steps from being the rather nasty smudge on the shoe of an eldritch abomination (Lovecraftlike)
Somewhere inbetween?

What power level do you feel player characters (and the community as a whole) should have? DBZland? Mild mahic conveniences, which can combine together to face great evils?  WoWCoth-like?

Do you have any ideas for narratives, types of magic and such you'd rather see?

Where should it be set? I was thinking North Carolina, but any suggestions of other states or countries are good, too.

And, of course, what kind of character and organizations/businesses are you interested in playing? If we have a push for, say, Fireman guilds, I can see what I can do for the alpha.

I have also a strong Tabletop RP Background and I am also subscribed to a TabletopCommunity "Fantasy Grounds", but the Tabletop Gameplay a very strong inconvenience: The Gameplay requires the presence of the GM and all the involved Players at all times to advance. That results mostly that the RP stories and campaigns mostly stay half uncompleted because of the trouble to get all involved people together at one specific moment.

While modern 3D online virtual-worlds are always on and allow players to play at any time. Combined with wellthought RP events create a very engaging game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  *cough* Final Fantasy XIV *cough* Absurdkoala 3 38,048 05-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Demigod204
  Kira Begins: Playing (Trolling) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (on PC) Kira13 3 652 10-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Kira13