The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cross-Faction System Revamped
The new method of gaining reputation with certain opposite factions is in!

As many of you have seen, Zar'chan in Shatterspear has been sending people into Azshara Crater, with things ending abruptly in the Drudaen Tavern (or, more recently, the Earthshaker Barracks.) Now, Grizby has certain quests that will show up depending on your race, which send you to one of the 'ambassadors' outside one of the faction capitols.

IMPORTANT: If you've raised your faction previously with reborn shards, or your reputation has been otherwise raised from the default value, then the quest will not give you the faction. You will need to send in a ticket for a reputation reset for the appropriate faction.
FURTHERMORE: These quests will set you to unfriendly for the given faction. You will NEED to ensure the "At War" box is unchecked from that faction, and then relog. Failure to do so will likely cause NPCs of that faction to still attack you until you do.

The quest texts are still a work in progress, of course.

Keep in mind that this cross-faction reputation process has been changed so that people will value it more highly, considering they cannot raise it again if they end up doing something silly that the 'locals' of a city faction do not appreciate. DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!
That is all.
I had picked up the quests while they were still in the works, so I haven't gotten a chance to do them yet..but the general idea of this whole system seems a lot smoother than the reborn shard system! Excellent work, as always, Kretol.
Roisana: Bitter dwarven priestess.
Mijiko: Orcish assassin with a shady background.
Xaalina: Draenei vindicator with a heart of gold.
Squeakilori: Gnomish technomage in training. Deceased, laid to rest in the Crater.
Awesome.
Excellent!
Boruk Axeripper - Warsong Orc
Bamok Bullhead - Jolly Tauren
Thorel "Cannon" Blackpowder - Pirate Cannoneer
Mark Berkman - Young rogue in training.
Where can I find this Grizby? Termody and I managed to get the Thunder Bluff quest done, but after that we seemed to hit a dead end.
Lovely. Thanks for getting on that, Kretol, you're a brave... greenskin.
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

I have a question - are all of the reborn shards taken out? Even the ones for Outland?
[Image: KeinaCard.png]
Yes. They were initially taken out due to a bug that was causing all gameobjects to respawn after only 10 or so seconds. Considering that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, I'll see about readding them once I alter the quests themselves.
It's a shame about the bug and extra work, but I and a couple friends truly appreciate it. It's one of the things that really makes this server unique.

(One of many, but it's the one I'm thinking of at the time! :D )
[Image: KeinaCard.png]
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I have an important question:

So no matter what race you are, you can't be allies with all enenmy factions? Even if your character's a diplomat?
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
There are certain factions you can gain rep with, based on reputation. Darnassus and Undercity are barred for everyone, the other major factions are balanced out based on racial relations. For instance, Night Elves can't gain faction with Silvermoon, but they can with Thunder Bluff.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Okay, so what about Night Elves and say...Orcs? Or trolls? I wanna have my Kal'dorei Druid there. xD
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Evil' Faction Character Options (And Kor'kron)! JVNemesis 15 10,503 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Changes to the Resurrection System & Character Death Policy Loxmardin 5 3,131 11-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Prestige System on Hold Grakor456 9 2,354 11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Jacula
  The end of cross-faction /say? (Updated! Happy! Rejoice!) Kretol 27 4,467 10-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  The New Grunt System Grakor456 42 7,284 09-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Hawk