The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Crossfaction city entering.
/rant on Alright. Gonna make this short and simple. To avoid less bickering, I'd like only GMs to reply in this threat, to make it easier.

Hawk was kicked out of Stormwind earlier today because he was a Troll, and he wasn't a diplomat. But since when weren't Horde who AREN'T Ambassadors/diplomats, who got permission from the Ambassadors to stay at Stormwind for reasons to explore and visit friends NOT allowed in Stormwind? I think it's a bit silly to suddenly claim out the blue after being in Stormwind for a week, that I'm suddenly not allowed in it anymore.

If I get a reference to this, then I will be happy and I will accept this. Or if obviously I'm told by a GM.

SIDENOTE: If it is so important that people who aren't diplomats etc entering crossfaction cities, then I think it should be made more clear, somehow. Maybe even through this thread. I've seen this happen so many times you wouldn't believe, and nothing's been done about it. I've checked the Wiki, no dice. Probably not searching right, but I still found nothing.

SIDENOTE2: NO. NO NO NO. I am NOT exploiting the fact the quest lets me get through to Stormwind. I THOUGHT THE REASON THESE QUESTS WERE MADE WAS SO THIS SORT OF THING COULD BE DONE.

I might sound a bit childish... But still.
That's all for now, thanks.
~ Hawk.

EDIT: Don't think I don't expect why Stormwind wouldn't allow Horde to be there who weren't with the government. I admit I was thinking why would they let Horde do these quests, but I had no idea it was for government purposes. Please guide me to where it says that, and I will stop complaining. ^^

EDIT2: Edited to sound less angry. I've calmed down a lot more. :)
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Well, in the immortal words of Shaggy.. it wasn't me! (on Donovan).

Carry on.
Was he kicked out by guards, or ran out by a racist mob?
And I know I'm not a GM, but sometimes I RP part of that racist mob.
˜★Sketch Blog
TwilightDisciple Wrote:Was he kicked out by guards, or ran out by a racist mob?

You're the one that leads the racist mob sometimes
I don't really...get it?

But, what I will say, in response, is that any race going into Stormwind that normally isn't around there, ESPECIALLY of the Horde can be expected to be ostricized and possibly run out. This treaty with the Earthshakers is a very, very shakey one. (No pun intended.) If you've gotten kicked out for not being a diplomat, then, well, really, what was the reason for being there?

ICly, characters that are human WOULD be wary of a troll in their city, and a majority would question their reasons for being there. Whether or not you've gotten the quest doesn't dictate that IC interactions will always go the way you want.

I mean, this game is about tension, and war. So, it's expected that alliance of any sort is a shakey one.

Also, from what I've taken with your editing, you were getting angry over this? IC interactions should never be taken OOC.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

MrWeasel Wrote:
TwilightDisciple Wrote:Was he kicked out by guards, or ran out by a racist mob?

You're the one that leads the racist mob sometimes

Rensin starts it! IM JUST TRYIN TO BE COOL MIAAAN!
˜★Sketch Blog
@ TwilightDisciple, it was a bit of both actually. ^^

@ Rensin, like I said, Hawk was visiting friends and wanting to know what Elwynn/Westfall was like. After he's done there, he'd just to go Stormwind to stay there.

And of course, I would expect Humans to be wary of a Troll, it's inevitable, but when they asked my business I just said "explorin' an' seein' frien's." but what I DIDN'T know that it was a diplomat entry thing.

And I REALLY don't know why I got angry to be perfectly honest, now I look back I feel like such a douche for getting angry in the first place! Maybe it was because it was unexpected and happened all so sudden without question. *shrug* Either way, I'm fine with not going to Stormwind anymore.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hrm. Was your rep actually docked, or no?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

My reputation wasn't taken away, I was told to leave ICly by few guards. (That are players of course. Lucia, Eagle and one or two others who's names escape me.)
Then it was an IC decision by those guards, and an understandable one. You need to relax a bit and not take offense to IC conflict OOCly. If you really want Hawk to be in human-run towns, there are others that may not have as stringent of guards. I can see how in their home city they would be particularly wary.

All in all, you do not need a GM ruling on this. It's perfectly normal character interaction. If you have beef with someone, it had BETTER be IC beef.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Have no fear, as I said before, I really have no idea why I got angry to be honest. I felt like slapping myself when I looked back on it. It's not like I'm banned from human lands altogether, I can still hang around Elwynn and Westfall.

But say if a guard ran into me and tried to kill me because I'm a Troll... What would happen? I mean, could I defend myself to make sure there is no death involved?

NOTE: If Hawk does go around those areas, he's most likely going to be with a friend who's Alliance anyway. But if in the event he's caught alone, what should I do? Will I need to present some paper saying I'm not hostile? O.o
Hmmmm well in my opinion, Humans are a proud race right?
I just dont think they would feel safe with horde's walking around there lands, especially on a hugging raptor :P

See where im coming from?

Trolls are pretty intimidating. I'd have to consult with who ever is in charge of the guard really, As at the moment the guards all over the place where rank is concerned. :P
But love to me is. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I think, to me, love is: incompleteness in absence.
:// I love her
Well would they question a Troll's business or would they just stick a sword through his head without question?

When you eventually talk to Hawk you could clearly see that he's a peaceful Troll.
If a guard just attacked he would be discharged without a doubt unless you provoked him/her or was with a large hostile looking group. But you dont wear armor do you? so your looking really at:

They would look to apprehend and question you before hand, if you resisted they would use the -MINIMUM- amount of force required. if you still resist then they would attack to kill.
But love to me is. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I think, to me, love is: incompleteness in absence.
:// I love her
For a while when I had Volgan visiting Elwynn from time to time, I played him as always having papers in his hand from the Earthshakers explaining that he had no ill intent. Even then, he never actually entered Stormwind and tended to leave if a lot of guards showed up or trouble started.

The best way to think about it is that someone with those papers is a guest, and the faction they are visiting is their host. If the host asks you to leave and you don't, they have a right to be angry.

All of your "what ifs" are things that have to do with individual characters and their choices and personalities. If Hawk is "caught alone", something may happen, or nothing may happen, depending on the situation and characters involved. All I ask is that you remain IC and do what Hawk would do, and if that leads to injury or death, then accept it. That's part of RP.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guard's and Rules in a city. Miah 13 2,611 08-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Arrillion