The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Curious on the Extent of Engineering.
Now... I understand if the item doesn't exist in the game, than the possibility of it existing is null, BUT....

Is it possible to modify certain items that are already ingame to, either prolong or alter their usage?

Such as the Gnomish Cloaking Device, it gives the user a 10 sec burst of invisibility, but would an engineer be capable of making an extra.. external power source that could extend that 10 seconds to say.. 20 or 25, doubling or maybe a little over doubling the usefulness of the item?

I mean, I understand, extra power would equal extreme precautions, BUT it's not adding extra power, it's in fact allowing the power core within the device to die out, and then pulling power from the external power core to keep the device running, with the only problem being... if it runs to long, it will get to hot to hold, or held within paperdoll range.

Would LOVE to hear ANY comments on the matter, thanks.
Mekkodin Kotorin Firebeard

I'm gonna part yer hair wi' this axe ye nauseatin' wussy footed spyrokeet gas bag !

Ye pig faced puppy killin' stick O' manure !

What's this about you breathin' my air ? ye scabby arsed bairn stealin' bile bag !
Spells cannot be altered (supposedly there's a way, but I haven't heard of anyone that's successfully altered a spell itself). The only way would be to replace the current spell effect with one similar (ie, changing the spellID)
Oh, I wasn't attempting a request in changing the actual game mechanics....

Most of my thoughts are of pure imagination, I'm not looking to ACTUALLY increase the item's use time, rather RP that fact that I've attached an external power source for the device, nothing more... hehe, thanks for giving me the unsaid credit of asking for item changes Kret <3
Mekkodin Kotorin Firebeard

I'm gonna part yer hair wi' this axe ye nauseatin' wussy footed spyrokeet gas bag !

Ye pig faced puppy killin' stick O' manure !

What's this about you breathin' my air ? ye scabby arsed bairn stealin' bile bag !
You may want to check out the Magic and Mayhem books for inspiration on WoW's engineering. It goes pretty far. They have everything from cameras, broadcast radio, talking heads that speak stored data, guns that can silence a magician (which caused much controversy and got the creator killed by Dalaran-commissioned assassins.), combustion engines (which is obvious already), and warriors who fight in steam-powered suits.

And that's not even touching on the technomage half of thing.

You can torrent the books as well.
˜★Sketch Blog
If it's just an IC thing, it'd make sense to have that if your character is an excellent engineer ICly. You know, better engineer, better stuff.
"Time is our greatest teacher. Unfortunately, it kills most of its' pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz
Take my Alchemist Engineer, if I found a way to mix an invisibility potion with the Gnomish Cloaking Device, and find an even better power supply (that may be bulky, an idea would be for it to be carried or something) you might be able to, ICly, last more than ten seconds.
Syrenia the Engineering Alchemist

Liyanna the Demonologist ~Coming soon

I bring with me War! War comes from Deception! Which do I bring?

Beat this
[Image: uberhunter.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost limbs and magic/engineering. Good or bad? Saiyuu 39 5,941 12-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  A combination im curious about. Myst 14 3,013 02-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A question of engineering. Thayan 2 932 04-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Thayan
  Curious SunsetAmethyst 11 2,161 02-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Rubicante
  The Possibilities of Engineering Varithos 21 3,474 07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Varithos