The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Curtain Call
Well guys, you've finally done it. You've pushed, pushed and pushed and now I've finally cracked. So this will be my last post and probably seen as a grand exit. So if that's the case then I'm going out in class so hold onto your hats and glasses of cheap champy, kids.

Fist off, the last few events of PLAYER VS GM bickering have been enough to suck out any will power I have to drag myself onto this web page and help out. The fighting, flaming and smart assed remarks may be directed at one person or one group but it has an effect on the whole community. Yes, we are meant to be a COMMUNITY here! We are meant to be a haven where people can kick back and actually role play without the need to focus on level, without the annoyance of the people on retail, without the restrictions of retail. We're meant to be a place of love and friendship and YOU ALL are at blame.

How dare any of you blame one another for any actions. How dare any of you make such a big deal over something that should really be a minor issue. How dare any of you flame one another, exclude one another, HATE one another. We are a community and you guys are acting like a high school full of teenage clinches. THE LOT OF YOU SHOULD GROW UP AND THINK OF THE PEOPLE THAT MAYBE AFFECTED AROUND YOU. PEOPLE HAVE COME HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND ROLE PLAY. NOT ALL OF US WANT TO PUT UP WITH THIS NONSENSE. STOP BEING SO SELFISH.

Secondly, I'm going to quote a certain "nameless player" (you know who you are)
Quote: What do you even do here?
What do I do here? Well if you guys haven't notice but I have been trying my damn hardest to keep this server up to date. Do any of you remember a time where I became a GM and we had a character profile list that was three pages long? Who checked all those profiles and manages to this day keep them under a page? It was me? Who helps approved your introductions? Me. Who still manages to try and keep the people in game as civil as he can? ME! So how dare anyone overlook what I do here because I have done so much for the lot of you. I get little thanks and I'm going to go and use the typical GM excuse and say I don't get paid. I have wasted my time acting to your whim so do NOT question that I do anything here!

and now I ask for you all to step in to what I have felt with being a GM. Here's a small step-by-step life of what I've been going through on this server and what maybe typical for other GMs so you players can have a look and perhaps TRY to comprehend how it feels. Hopefully at least one of you will become more understanding to us after reading this.

Sasail's events:

*Everyone cheers for you. You feel exited because you get to help others and you assume people will thank you and be happy because of it.

*Weeks pass, people get over the hype of your new position.

*Your duties become more real. You can handle it.

*You run into new players who think they know of the situation you're in and clearly do not understand what you're doing.

*You run into the one or two players that faux-friend you. They make it very clear that it's happening because you know you don't like them, they know you don't like them yet they act so damn perky to you.

*Bolshe happens.

*You have to deal with request after request for you to do your job faster. It's never good enough.

*You try to go faster but you slip up and you get "friendly" reminders from your colleagues.

*You go through the constant tennis game of swiftness VS quality.

*Players continue to expect you to do things you cannot provide.

*You try to help others but people think you're out to attack them where really your best interest in with the server.

*People start to dislike you.

*People give you snide messages.

*You make a complete stop to ALL teleplay.

*The one or two players continue to act nice to you but you can tell otherwise.

*You continue to HELP THE PLAYERS EVEN AFTER THEIR CONSTANT DISRESPECT AND ABUSE.

*YOU CONTINUE TO CHECK PROFILES.

*YOU CONTINUE TO CHECK INTRODUCTIONS.

*YOU GET TOLD YOU'RE NOT WORKING HARD ENOUGH.

*YOU GET TOLD THAT YOU SHOULD WORK HARDER, FASTER!

*YOU GET REMINDED OF YOUR "WONDERFUL" BENEFITS OF BEING A GM DAILY AND HOW YOU SHOULD BE SO GREATFUL FOR BEING ABLE TO HAVE THEM WHEN YOU ONLY USE THEM TO HELP OTHERS.

*PEOPLE TALK ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK.

*YOU GET STRESSED BECAUSE YOU FINALLY REALIZE THAT EVERYTHING YOU DO IS POINTLESS BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES A SHIT OR CARES ABOUT HOW YOU'RE TRYING TO UPHOLD A PLACE WHICH IS MEANT TO BE A HAVEN FOR ROLE PLAY.

*You sink back into the shadows and do your job, day after day. No kudos. Little thanks.

*You do all this while trying to juggle a job, a relationship, school. It's not easy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all take a long hard look at yourselves and the way you treat one another. If not for the people being directly attacked then for the 3rd party that has to deal with it daily. I want everyone to know that I was always there for you guys. I've always tried to help you guys. I like SOME of you guys. BUT- the quality of people attitude and RP wise has decline and the server is way past its prime. I know when it's my time to go and I feel it's right for it to be now. Also, I'm not following in the footsteps of Qaza. Just throwing that out there.

Hopefully with my absence people will realize the folly of their ways but I really doubt that. Anyway..

*bows* Goodbye and good luck.

Oh, oh.. and if you want to contact me then feel free to add me on MSN (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->) or add Bikkifishcube on AIM.

oh, and to answer one last question
Quote: Are you a guy or a girl
I've told you all that asked me that I'm a man. I don't see how you still boggle over that but frankly I don't really care.

See you around!
*The curtain closes and everyone slowly leaves the auditorium*

(I finished all the profiles and introductions I could before I posted this.)
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
Ummm.... Please dun leave? *blinks* I wasn't expecting this. I mean it, seriously, please don't @.@
I... Wow. Well, I think I speak for all of us when I say we we do appreciate what you do, and if people don't then they should probably try your position.

Secondly, if I'm perfectly honest, I don't actually think there are any people on the server who dislike you. And if they do, chances are they're just bummed because you didn't get to their profile fast enough. But obviously, that's not your fault.

Thirdly... I'm speechless...

I... Don't leave... D:
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Oh... Oh my word. The server is falling apart.
Sasail, please, don't leave.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
I'm rather horrible at writing goodbye-posts, so I don't do them very often.
With that said, I'll write one anyways:

Thanks for the effort you made to keep the server running! I'm sure that most people, if not all, agree that you did a great job, asides from being a pleasant person in your own right.
It's sad to see you go, but I'll assume that you're off for greener pastures. Good luck!

I'll not comment on the bickering and unreasonable demands, on account of not having any intelligent to say about it. But we could probhably all gain much on thinking a bit closer about that part.
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
But... Sas...

Australia? I need someone to talk to when nobody else is on!
[Image: ZuliSig.jpg]
I understand, and I'm sorry.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Sasail, I'm terribly terribly sorry to hear this from you, I understand why Al posted his thank you post now, because he too didn't want to see two of the main upkeep take their exit. =/ Even though we didn't RP too much because you were very busy making this place a convenience for us whiners, I'd like to say a personal thank you and goodbye for all you've done here. Even though this would qualify as a kind of grand exit, you deserve way better. WAY. BETTER. Than to have leave like this, if it weren't for you most of the people that said 'dislike' you wouldn't even be here. I would also like to apologize on myself and on behalf of anyone who I can apologize for if we're some of the select group that has shown you no respect be it whatever reason, but there isn't much an apology can do now, is there? =/ But same as I wished for Qaza, good luck in your future plans and everything tied along with that, because this post is basically split for you two. I hope that if you both do ever plan to return here some day, it will be way more up to par and show you open arms.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Huh, I guess I am what my main is. o.O
... Shit, I don't know what to say. I appreciate what you've done with the server, Sasail. I hope that you'll have a good time elsewhere, though I still don't want you to leave. But I guess you've made up your mind.

Good bye.
Sas,

Thank you for all you did, profile-wise, introduction-wise, and keepin'-it-real-wise. I can say that you were one of the most down-to-earth of the GMs, and had enough balls to venture into adult with some of of perv-...adults.

Again, thank you for what you have done. It really has made the server a better place to be around.

<333

Cressy

P.S. The Bolshe comment killed me.

Edit: I actually didn't think anyone said you didn't do things...Even Aerundun said "I like you. You aren't mean, you aren't a bad GM. You do your job."
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I haven't played here long enough to really get to know people around here but I still feel sorry to see people leave, specially GM's.
It's always sad to see good people leave.. goodbye.
Imma add you on MSN, k? <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->! And I do care, Sassy Sail.

As for the girl/boy thing, it´s the name, it´s androgynous, so when I first met with ya I just decided that you´re a girl, mostly becasue you were playing Esmerelda. I could say that you´ll always be a woman in my heart, but I´m not sure you would take that too well, ehehe.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Despite everything I want to say to keep you here, I agree with every reason you have there. I understand, if not entirely, enough to know that you might be more interested in coming back after you've had a nice long vacation from all the drama.

If you don't come back, rest assured that you'll be missed, and that we'll try and keep the place up as we can.
Hello there Sasail. First of all, I am very saddened by your post. I realise it might sound hypocritical for someone whom you barely know to say such a thing, but I only know you as a hard working, cheerful and exceedingly helpful GM in every way. Your departure is a great loss to the server as a whole, and I've added you to MSN in case you would like to talk. It's hard for someone like me to understand what other people go through, when I spend so little time here as I do, and hardly having seen you more then twice while I was online. Still, I know you've helped other players time and time again, and when I've talked privately with other players, you have been mentioned as one of the most lovable GM's around (with no offence to everyone else, of course). I know they consider you easy to talk to, and they've valued your help highly. I hope you'll be up for a chat, if you accept my MSN application. If not, I wish you all the best and hope you'll rethink the decision somewhere along the way.
Gone or not, you'll still always be my daughter.
Sort of.
It seemed like the right thing to say.
[Image: kialee.png]
I need a life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call-to-Arms: Mentors! Loxmardin 0 1,477 03-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  FH Recruitment Call, Part Something-Something Grakor456 4 2,181 02-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Traid