The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Custom Instances?
Now, I know how close to impossible custom instances are, but here's my idea.

If players got, let's say a gold token, might it be out of the question to make a house in instance form?

I have no idea how it would be done, and I don't know how to give an example...

Does anyone know what I'm trying to get at here? T_T
The word of the day is "Legs". Now go forth and spread the word!
[Image: 5SRU.gif]
Renown0 Wrote:Now, I know how close to impossible custom instances are, but here's my idea.

If players got, let's say a gold token, might it be out of the question to make a house in instance form?

I have no idea how it would be done, and I don't know how to give an example...

Does anyone know what I'm trying to get at here? T_T

Custom housing takes -a lot- of time to implement and the GMs are already rather hard-pressed timewise as it is, hence why such an idea simply isn't feasible.
GMS don't hand out Gold Tokens anymore, neither do they do player/guild housing. (Few exceptions, like with the cathedral and the Wartusk, but that's only for when they see great potential in it's RP)
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
If I've heard correctly, before I joined the server people were given opportunies to have things like this, but the GMs had to call it because it was too much of a hassel.

I could be wrong, but in either case, it would be a hassel.

And Roobald, I think Renown0 means Silver Tokens, not gold.

EDIT: If not, then I can't even remember what gold tokens were.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
They were for exchanging tokens for custom items, I think.
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Roobald2 Wrote:GMS don't hand out Gold Tokens anymore, neither do they do player/guild housing. (Few exceptions, like with the cathedral and the Wartusk, but that's only for when they see great potential in it's RP)

We haven't given either of these groups anything, nor do we recognize their claims to the land. That's all been a decision by the community.
No, I meant it as in, cathedral got a few paladins, the Wartusks got that watchtower, from Kretol.
Oh? I wasn't aware that the Wartusks got anything. The Cathedral Paladins are meant to stop people from going into the catacombs and stuff when they aren't supposed to. Certain character types are meant to be barred from the Cathedral.
Kaghuros Wrote:Oh? I wasn't aware that the Wartusks got anything. The Cathedral Paladins are meant to stop people from going into the catacombs and stuff when they aren't supposed to. Certain character types are meant to be barred from the Cathedral.

I think Kretol gave them a tower.
Yup, and also the Stromgarde and Pyrewood Village projects are examples.
Yes, Kretol did indeed give us that tower. <nod> And from what I know, and of course what everyone's said, custom things like this would take extreme amounts of work and all that evilness.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I think Renown0 means gold token- though gold tokens were for custom weapons. :) When we had player housing, we actually had a housing token to buy either for a new house or remodeling. Of course, they nixed housing and I doubt they'll be doing it again since it was so much work..

That being said, the instancing is definitely one of the best ways to do housing, I think, since only a few places need to be developed. (or whatever number of types of housing the dev wants to sell) and people can have their privacy

Unfortunately, that means people holing up in an instance. :( That's one thing I hated about NWN servers with housing... Lots of people on, all locked in their homes. QQ
˜★Sketch Blog
Instancing isn't quite as easy as it may seem though. In NWN it was easy, you could build your own maps and could make more than enough house interiors.
But as far as WoW is concerned, there aren't exactly instances of building interiors you could use. For player housing you'd have to like... duplicate old stratholme and use those houses or something, or you'd end up with a lot of versions of Eastern Kingdoms just to have people in Stormwind.
I won't get into the details of how un-customizable WoW's world is. Instanced housing wouldn't give anyone "traditional" type housing, but I've seen other servers block off a room in an instance and use it as a guild hall or a flat. You can also change or increase the number of people in a party allowed in an instance. It'd be pretty garish, design-wise, but it makes the private housing.

There are also a handful of buildings that can be spawned on tracts of land that are in instanced areas. The bad part is that you'd have to wall parts of it off because those outdoor instances tend to be huge.

I'm also saying all this assuming gobjects are static when spawned to save in an instanced area. (IIRC they are, or it may require some extra editing.)
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Places: Animal Sanctuary Alliicce 16 4,010 07-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Alliicce
  Adding custom items to vendors? FlyingSquirrel 9 2,476 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Custom Location Suggestion Andy7565 2 1,124 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
  Huge List of Custom Items Delta 7 4,030 06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Delta
  Custom Item Request - Gilnean Clothing sunday12321 19 4,466 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sunday12321