The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cynthia's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been an avid Warcraft Fan since the long-forgotten Warcraft II and I'm not planning to lose interest any time soon. I fell in love with the rich and unique lore that nothing else in the world can seem to match.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in South Africa, but English being my preferred language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started by watching my brother play Warcraft II and I picked up on the story as fast as any 6 year old would, since then, its been playing and reading generally living myself into the lore. I'm happy to say that after all these years, there's still so much to learn and read up on :D

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I've been to quite a few RP servers where I just couldn't get the experience I wanted, both Retail and Private. This server has rules and systems in place to keep out those who aren't serious, and I admire that Beer

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy telling a story above anything else, but the bug of battle does bite more times than I'd like to admit. I would like to shoot and arrow on a crowded battlefield just as much as sit around a camp fire in the woods with friends. :D

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Your asking a mother to choose between her children Laugh. I'd have to say The Forsaken, they're lore (much like the Orc's) is a tale of rising above the cards that you've been dealt and adapting to a world where who you were, no longer matters. And I idolize Sylvanas :D.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping to find an immersive community where my character can thrive and contribute to Azeroth as a whole.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that appeals the most will also turn out to peeve me the most Laugh. The rule where your character cannot be associated with a major lore figure to start off with. I agree vastly that this would only serve to annoy players, complicate stories and ensure headaches for GM's, I do like making my characters appear in the backgrounds of these figures, if only vaguely. But it is a rule nonetheless and one I approve of Beer.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
-------------------------------------------------
A small but bright beam of light crept through the curtains, illuminating the room. A songbird leaped along the balcony, chirping away and adding to the natural ambiance of this morning. Evangeline sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, “The same dream again,” she faintly whispered to herself, “their getting worse.” Ever since she met Angela, she had kept getting dreams, or perhaps visions were the better word, memories that were not hers, thoughts that did not belong to her. Evangeline pulled up the sheets and balled them up in her fist. A single tear rolled down her cheek, but no trace of emotion shown on her face.

A soft knock on the door caught her attention, derailing her train of thought. She quickly wiped away her tear with the sheet and sat up straight. Her composure regained, she said, “I’m awake.” The heavy oak door creaked open as he carefully entered the room. “Leon!” Evangeline exclaimed and immediately got out of bed. “Good morning”, he said with a smile as Evangeline wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his shoulders. “When did you get back? Where’s Alara?” With hopeful eyes Evangeline looks at Leon’s faded expression. The apology in his eyes is evident, but saying it would just worsen the situation. Evangeline’s knees start to grow weak under her, her eyes filling up with tears, “What happened!?” Leon turned his head in another direction, his answer apparent. “I told you to protect her! I told you to keep her safe!” She sinks her head into Leon’s chest, fighting to tame her tears, pounding his shoulders, “You said… you promised!” Leon looked down to her, stopped her arm and lifted her face by her chin. “I tried, I’m sorry.”

Evangeline was appalled at the lack of expression on his face, not even a trace of emotion, but then again, that is how she knew him, but she was overcome with remorse. “Don’t give me that!” Evangeline violently lashed out at him, missing him but tossing him across the room like rag doll. With a loud thud Leon hit the bedside cabinet, momentarily flinching, but getting up straight away. Clenching his right fist he brushes of his jacket, “Evangeline calm down,” he releases his hand and a feint glow surrounds his fingers. Evangeline can sense the tenseness in his voice, he’s not playing around, but neither is she. “How could you come back and face me knowing I’d react like this!?” She raises her left hand into a palm, an invisible shimmering energy enveloping it. “Calm down, I won’t ask you a third time,” small streaks of electricity run over his fingers, “you know I’m stronger than you.” “Are you really, Shade?” Evangeline had used his designation; Leon had never heard her say it before in such a cold manner.
--------------------------------------------------------

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
May I include an appearance of a major lore figure in my characters history? The figure influencing my characters history, but not vice versa, which still coincides with lore?
Hello, Cynthia13, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

It's good to see somebody who enjoys the lore behind Forsaken - it's something I enjoy getting behind, and it allows for some incredible storytelling!

On the note of lore figures appearing in your character's history, the main rule we have regarding that is that we don't allow for your character to have a personal relationship with the lore figure, especially when it comes to things such as the lore figure giving your character a special position. That doesn't mean a lore figure isn't allowed to appear in your character's history. Your character can still be loyal to or admire a lore figure, but beyond something like a small acknowledgement, relationships between characters and lore figures are limited.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]