The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dark Souls 2!!
I jut recently got the beta to Dark Souls 2, and while I was pumped to play it, I live in the US, where all beta tests run from Japan have errors. But I was wondering how many others out there are as pumped for it as I? Do you think a new director is what the game needs? Will it be more difficult and rewarding, or more casual? And finally will the lore be a puzzle to put together, like the souls series has done so well with in the past 2 game installments?
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
I was in the test too and since I live in Sweden i actually had the patch the US version was missing and got to play. it was pretty cool.

Honestly, it felt a lot easier. Every other enemy dropped life gems. After 30 minutes, i had 19 lifestones in my inventory and could just straight up recover all my health between enemies. I wen through the entire beta without dying or even being very close to dying until I encountered a red enemy. While retreating from him I noticed another had spawned behind me. There was just no way to escape with a cliff on my right and a drop to my left. Up until then I had really not had a lot of trouble.

However, when I play these games, I'm -super- careful and that seemed to matter a lot. because this time around it really was -DARK- Souls. The beta level was super dark and there was a million bloodstains spread around, left after people dropping down cliffsides you could not see. Enemies also loved hiding in the darkness before leaping at you as you passed. Personally i loved it and the game was super intense all the time.

The games graphics have improved vastly. the jump in graphical quality isn't that high, but the graphical style makes all the difference. There were some parts that looked almost like a painting. The design is much better this time around too, with armors looking really cool without breaking the medieval vibe the series has had.

All in all, I'm looking forward to next beta session and the game's release.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I think the enemy move sets looked harder to read. I'm sure they will make the lifegem drop rate lower by release.
Some of them were harder, others were as predictable as always and others still were easy to predict but hard to beat nonetheless.

The parry felt like it was weaker this time around, though. They also changed the backstab animation from a backstab to an animation where your character strikes both of the enemy's kidneys, forcing them to their knees, before delivering a decapitating strike. Felt pretty awesome.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Heya! So I was going to start another Thread for Dark Souls II until I saw this. I absolutely love Dark Souls and what I've played of Demon Souls (I own a 360 so the only time I've played Demon Souls was at a friend's house) and after hearing the first review for Dark Souls II, March 11 can't come soon enough.
where is my pc release date

FROM pls

pls

I'm dying

(mostly because I'm trying to do a mage/pyromancer build and the third boss I'm on now is the Four Kings, which is something of a mistake, but)

steam preorders pls
I may get the game first but at least you'll get 60 FPS.

Anyways, I've been doing a pure faith build for my final play-through. It was incredibly hard early game until Solaire let me use lightning bolts and all. On the note of sorcery, it's received huge buffs in Dark Souls 2.
Faith has received alot more offensive miracles as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
PC gamers, April 25th is your release date.

I promise not to spoil too much about the game before then!
Any PS3 users that have dark souls can add me, Demigod204 I have 1 character on NG++ and one on NG+

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I doubt there are any but 360 gamers, go ahead and add "KomodoTheCashew"

Also, You're already on N++?
If anyone here is playing Dark Souls 2 on PS3 go ahead and add me so we can Coop or PvP. PSN is the same as a Forum username.
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Souls Series Co-op Bonanza! Demigod204 6 1,416 02-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: HolyHiveMind
  Dark Souls HC Demigod204 3 785 04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Demigod204