The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

"Dead" Forums.
So, I was meaning to make this thread a day or two ago but didn't have the time... As the title suggests, this is about some of our now deceased forums, getting maybe one post a month if they're lucky, or haven't had posts for months at all. For these reasons I assume they're either overlooked or their use has been depleted. A few examples of such forums:

The Bazaar - I think it's overlooked because Personals is a much broader forum and can have the same things The Bazaar has in it at the same time.
Incursions - Not exactly requiring much addressing, the Incursions event chain is long over and the forum is just a corpse.

Are there any ulterior motives for these forums remaining, or just remaining for the sake of it? At any rate, these are more questions than a call to action or anything.

-Maul.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
It bothers me greatly that the incursions and Arathi RP remains an unfinished war settled ICly, I'm trying to ressurect the war, along with a few others, now that the ressurection policy has changed, I think people will be more leniant (spelling) on character deaths.
I'm pretty sure the War was ended. The Sin'Sholai pulled back all their forces.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Well the Horde and Alliance still have a resource battle, you know anywhere they "share" they are going to fight for, it's been like that in a lot of places.
That's really up to you guys, the players. They are there, but the reason behind 'em being deceased has to do with noone posting in them.

Now, the Bazaar is different, in the fact that it's for shops. Personals are intended to find RPer's to follow an idea you have. Again, the lack of use for that forum, along with incursions is due to the playerbase.

Hell, if I was doing Hordeside/Allianceside RP, I'd write a lot of incursions just to make sure that people were aware I was -advancing- things.

*Hint hint*
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ah, I get your point, Rensin. The thing is, it seems people are using Personals for what should be in The Bazaar, which is probably the reason it has died down in the first place. Regardless, thanks for clarifying and I'll be sure to try to maybe increase the activity in both!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Hint hint to GMs, I made a post on Incursions that has to be responded tooooo :D It's a letter to Drum Fel, could start some Horde rp war effort.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm not dead (Yet)! VoxServetium 2 945 06-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Scout
  Hallow's End/Day of the Dead c0rzilla 12 2,473 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  The whole "active on forums" thing Mirivian 9 1,943 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  For those relevantly affected, Tavren is dead. LostStranger 39 5,802 04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: venixblast
  So, the Lich King's dead... Solly 13 1,989 08-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Sol