The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dear Worgen: Where are our...
As much as I think the worgen models look funky without tails, that's the thing... They DON'T have tails. Worgen.. don't have tails. I'd consider that a lore fact. I am really against adding such significant fanon to Conquest of the Horde that'll be completely based upon subjectivity. There won't be much consistency in RP if some worgen have tails and some don't. I think we should just stick to canon and not try to change the lore for personal preferences.
(04-26-2013, 04:05 AM)Rini Wrote: As much as I think the worgen models look funky without tails, that's the thing... They DON'T have tails. Worgen.. don't have tails. I'd consider that a lore fact. I am really against adding such significant fanon to Conquest of the Horde that'll be completely based upon subjectivity. There won't be much consistency in RP if some worgen have tails and some don't. I think we should just stick to canon and not try to change the lore for personal preferences.

[Image: sarcasm_motivational_poster_by_colettebabb-d3g4g29.jpg]
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Is she being sarcastic? You sure?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rini Wrote:I am really against adding such significant fanon to Conquest of the Horde that'll be completely based upon subjectivity.
She sounds sarcastic here. Imo. :3

And by the way. In MoP people can use glyphs to give Pandarens tails...So on retail, some pandaren have tails, some don't...I don't think it would create much confusion.

Edit: I know we are talking about Worgen here, but I don't see much difference...

There's a huge difference, they aren't the same race. Heh.

I mean, we could give vanilla humans tails too, because Pandaran have tails.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-26-2013, 04:39 AM)Rensin Wrote: There's a huge difference, they aren't the same race. Heh.

Worgen are animal-like, humans are not.
Think of it. Tauren have tails too.
Every animal-like race has tail. And I don't see anything about worgen not being able to grow tails in the lore. So I don't think it is going against the lore...

(04-26-2013, 04:53 AM)Aethon Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 04:39 AM)Rensin Wrote: There's a huge difference, they aren't the same race. Heh.

Worgen are animal-like, humans are not.
Think of it. Tauren have tails too.
Every animal-like race has tail. And I don't see anything about worgen not being able to grow tails in the lore. So I don't think it is going against the lore...

It's not mentioned in the lore in any way. Until there's reason to suggest that it would be that overrules the fact that they don't, it does go against lore.
Not on the model? No tail. It's like saying "Hurr durr, Draenei got tails on their models, but can we NOT have tails?"

I don't know about you but.. I like this worgen more than this worgen.
That's kind of like saying: Orcs have bulky model? Every Orc is bulky and strong and all! NO EXCEPTION!
Or.
No fat model for any race? Everyone must be skinny, hurr durr!
And a tail wouldn't change that much, Sorum.

EDIT: Check this Sorum:
Spoiler:
[Image: SH%2Bconcept%2Bpost%2Bwerewolf%2BGreys.png]

This guy has a tail. Still badass.

Except.

We aren't talking about adding an extra limb here with orcs, we're talking about their bulk. In the case of Worgen we'd be adding and appendage that doesn't exist.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-26-2013, 05:38 AM)Rensin Wrote: Except.

We aren't talking about adding an extra limb here with orcs, we're talking about their bulk. In the case of Worgen we'd be adding and appendage that doesn't exist.

Sure about that?

Quote from Wikipedia.
"Humans have a "tail bone" (the coccyx) attached to the pelvis, formed of fused vertebrae, usually four, at the bottom of the vertebral column. It does not protrude externally."

So...?

Tail bone. Not a tail.

Quote:It does not protrude externally.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-26-2013, 05:38 AM)Rensin Wrote: We aren't talking about adding an extra limb here[...] In the case of Worgen we'd be adding and appendage that doesn't exist.

(04-26-2013, 04:37 AM)Aethon Wrote: And by the way. In MoP people can use glyphs to give Pandarens tails...So on retail, some pandaren have tails, some don't...I don't think it would create much confusion.

Pandaren were added an appendage that doesn't exist too. You will not find art of Pandaren with tails anywhere you look. Blizz simply caved in to the fans.

EDIT: In addition, Running Wild is biologically impossible without a tail for stabilization.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(04-26-2013, 05:47 AM)flammos200 Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 05:38 AM)Rensin Wrote: We aren't talking about adding an extra limb here[...] In the case of Worgen we'd be adding and appendage that doesn't exist.

(04-26-2013, 04:37 AM)Aethon Wrote: And by the way. In MoP people can use glyphs to give Pandarens tails...So on retail, some pandaren have tails, some don't...I don't think it would create much confusion.

Pandaren were added an appendage that doesn't exist too. You will not find art of Pandaren with tails anywhere you look. Blizz simply caved in to the fans.

But by default, they DO have tails. Every panda model has tails. Whether it's a long one or short one depends on what model you choose, so it pre-exists. What people are asking here is to allow adding a limb that -doesn't- exist on the character model. The tail bone doesn't protrude the skin.

Also, every piece of art having to do with Pandaren I see has them with tails.

Here's one from 2007.

Worgen? Not so much.

Spoiler:
[Image: worgen.png]

[Image: worgen.jpg]

[Image: cotworgentitle.jpg]

Edit 2: Also, it's not impossible to run on all fours without a tail.

Spoiler:
[Image: k-bigpic.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

No. Glyphs go by class, not by race, there is no such glyph. The only Pandas that get long tails are the female Pandaren because they are based off red pandas.

Aethon Wrote:Sure about that?

Quote from Wikipedia.
"Humans have a "tail bone" (the coccyx) attached to the pelvis, formed of fused vertebrae, usually four, at the bottom of the vertebral column. It does not protrude externally."

Here you're comparing WoW Humans to real Humans. Not the same at all. In WoW Humans evolved from Vrykul, which were just straight up created by Titans. They have no ties to Apes, giving no indication that they actually have a tailbone.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Female Model Swap c0rzilla 17 19,110 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Worgen Form in Public c0rzilla 38 5,003 05-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Aadora
  Alliance Worgen vs. Feral Worgen Aadora 9 2,345 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Avitz
  Becoming Worgen? Micheru 27 4,575 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM