The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dear Worgen: Where are our...
No, I was serious. I respect both the thread's author and posters far too much to be sarcastic. I strongly disagree with changing a race's entire skeletal structure without any lore that backs it up. That's the kind of role playing Conquest of the Horde is supposed to differentiate from, what separates us from retail servers; our adherence to lore.
Doesn't really matter if it'd make sense or look nice if worgen had tails.... lots of stuff in WoW doesn't make sense and doesn't look nice (I'm looking at you, male draenei models and gnome-sized shoulderpads). They don't have tails ICly and really I didn't even notice the fact until I read this thread, is it such a big deal for a thing that will probalby never be important in roleplay and might at most occasionally come into emotes for describing appearance/mood?

But then to play devil's advocate, I don't see it as a big deal for some fellow to have a tail either. At least not personally. Everyone has their aesthetic preference. Although if I met him ICly I'd probalby consider him some kind of mutated, feral or somehow altered worgen.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
(04-26-2013, 06:51 AM)mimloopen Wrote: Doesn't really matter if it'd make sense or look nice if worgen had tails.... lots of stuff in WoW doesn't make sense and doesn't look nice (I'm looking at you, male draenei models and gnome-sized shoulderpads). They don't have tails ICly and really I didn't even notice the fact until I read this thread, is it such a big deal for a thing that will probalby never be important in roleplay and might at most occasionally come into emotes for describing appearance/mood?

But then to play devil's advocate, I don't see it as a big deal for some fellow to have a tail either. At least not personally. Everyone has their aesthetic preference. Although if I met him ICly I'd probalby consider him some kind of mutated, feral or somehow altered worgen.

Agree.

It's also hard to base things in fact when we are talking about large wolf monsters in a fantasy setting.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

This isn't happening.

Normally I don't like being so absolute on subjects. But seriously. This isn't happening.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[Image: tail_bone2.jpg]

Found it!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
I would post a picture pointing out that it doesn't protrude but I don't think anyone would like a butt picture.

Edit: Wait, people would probably like it---it just wouldn't be appropriate. Heh.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail#Human_tails Wrote:Human embryos have a tail that measures about one-sixth of the size of the embryo itself.[1] As the embryo develops into a fetus, the tail is absorbed by the growing body. The developmental tail is thus a human vestigial structure.[2][3] Infrequently, a child is born with a "soft tail", which contains no vertebrae, but only blood vessels, muscles, and nerves, although there have been several documented cases of tails containing cartilage or up to five vertebrae.[4]
Humans have a "tail bone" (the coccyx) attached to the pelvis, formed of fused vertebrae, usually four, at the bottom of the vertebral column. It does not protrude externally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiality#Coccyx Wrote:The coccyx, or tailbone, is the remnant of a lost tail. All mammals have a tail at one point in their development; in humans, it is present for a period of 4 weeks, during stages 14 to 22 of human embryogenesis.[14] This tail is most prominent in human embryos 31–35 days old.[15] The tailbone, located at the end of the spine, has lost its original function in assisting balance and mobility, though it still serves some secondary functions, such as being an attachment point for muscles, which explains why it has not degraded further.
In rare cases congenital defect results in a short tail-like structure being present at birth. Twenty-three cases of human babies born with such a structure have been reported in the medical literature since 1884.

My opinion would be that, just as any thing is getting larger or longer, so could the coccyx's 'fake tail' grow and form.. a tail.

My opinion!
Only if it's your butt, Rensin.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Thing is, worgen never enter embryonic stages and no one is born a worgen. They could have possibly had a tail as a human (though usually human tails are amputated at birth when possible), but they don't create a full tail like you see on a dog. At best you get this whip-like, fleshy tail that can wag... but it still feels pretty far removed from being a wolf tail.

I would almost say that there could be a chance that a human tail wouldn't get included in the worgen form. It's a transformation and a change, it's something magical, not anatomical.
...I'd really rather not attempt to delve into psuedo science when looking to justify this sorta thing, heh. I rather doubt any of us are going to be able to actually explain or come close to displaying how this could or could not work from some sort of biological standpoint.

And even then, they're humans that turn into wolfmen. Biology and science are kinda stepping aside with their hands held sorely between their legs in such cases.

That being said, I echo Xigo's statement prior.
(04-26-2013, 07:19 AM)Xigo Wrote: Only if it's your butt, Rensin.

...I'll get on skype baby.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Quote:That being said, I echo Xigo's statement prior.

Quote:Only if it's your butt, Rensin.

Mmmyes.
(04-26-2013, 07:24 AM)Xigo Wrote:
Quote:That being said, I echo Xigo's statement prior.

Quote:Only if it's your butt, Rensin.

Mmmyes.

*Blush*

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Alright, I apologise for bringing up the anatomical line of argument in the first place, it was a knee jerk. Still, I would sooner categorise the worgen as humanoids with animalistic features than as anthropomorphic wolves, so I still don't see where the tails are coming from.

Moreover, it's just . . . we have no indication, be it in the lore, in equipment, in concept art, or in any of the in-game models that worgen have tails or have ever been intended to have tails.

Sorry, guys. Probably not going to fly.
No, no tails.

(Posted from teh phonez!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Female Model Swap c0rzilla 17 19,110 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Worgen Form in Public c0rzilla 38 5,003 05-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Aadora
  Alliance Worgen vs. Feral Worgen Aadora 9 2,345 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM