The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Death Knight mounts ICly!
I was wondering if it were possible to summon another mount in place of the horse death knight's usually use? Example: Summoning a ram instead of a horse.
Deathchargers are a different race, they aren't actually horses, they simply look like them.

Nope.
I remember a GM okaying me for Orutanu (a Tauren Death Knight) having a Deathkodo instead of a Deathcharger. May've changed, though.
And it did change. Fair enough.
Okay, after looking this up, they're not a different race, they're horses which were taken to the shadow realm, killed by a rider and raised as their steed.

None the less, I'd be inclined to say no to the notion of something other than a horse being used.

(Was thinking of Dreadsteeds)
If you are wondering if you can use another mount, and say it is an undead mount, then yes, you can.
Wait... Undead mechanostriders won't be able to be raised as undead Deathmechanostriders, right?
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
Undead Mechanostriders don't exist. >.>

... Right?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Undead Plainstrider, yo.
(11-22-2011, 11:40 AM)Ebenezer Wrote: Wait... Undead mechanostriders won't be able to be raised as undead Deathmechanostriders, right?

Technically, you can't raise undead mechanical things, since they aren't alive, but... I wouldn't be surprised to see a gnome Death Knight having the ingenious idea of adding some spooky touches to his Mechanostrider mount, to make it undead-like. Who knows?
Like what, glue bird bones on steel ?
Suddenly, I'm thinking of the so-used-to dragon skeleton from Skyrim. Glued on a robot chicken.
[Image: 7236163.jpg]
I admit, Skyrim has taken over my life. For now.

Spoiler:
I'M PROUD OF IT
Oooor, Technonecro
(11-22-2011, 12:53 PM)13kira13 Wrote: Like what, glue bird bones on steel ?
Suddenly, I'm thinking of the so-used-to dragon skeleton from Skyrim. Glued on a robot chicken.
[Image: 7236163.jpg]
I admit, Skyrim has taken over my life. For now.

Spoiler:
I'M PROUD OF IT

Dragon bones on a mechanical chicken look like a good way to showoff...but on retrospective, a Mechanostrider that seems to have come right from the junkyard is probably more doable.

I was told by more than one GM that it was okay to have other deathmounts. So long as that animal was dragged into the shadow realm and converted accordingly. Though, that was pre-restart so maybe this has changed?
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
So....what's the final verdict of all of this? o_O
I really don't think it'd be feasible or even necessary. The mounts dragged through the shadow realm seem to be the horses stolen from the Scarlets during the opening DK questline. I am uncertain whether it would have been possible to even have another mount around there, nor would there have been any real preference by the DKs considering they were... probably not worried about it.
Another complication is that there's really no model I can think of to represent an undead not-horse. Do you have the intention of simply explaining it every time you're riding a kodo/wolf/etc. ICly? I'm just not sure what notable value it would bring to outweigh the tedium of having to explain "oh, BTW, this mount is actually undead" OOCly.

While it's a nice idea (particularly if there were undead-looking mounts other than horses), I just don't think it can be presented sufficiently.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What races would actually become a Death Knight? Samlock 4 1,660 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Discussion on IC mounts Xigo 72 9,523 05-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Last Post: Delta
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Races and Mounts requiem225 10 2,406 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Runemaster gone death knight Kira13 46 7,715 12-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Kira13