The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Death Knights: Alive or Undead
Mikain Wrote:It is impossible for an already established character to become one, for more reasons than I'm willing to go into. There's a nice long thread about it in the gm area and that's the conclusion we came to.

Can you enlighten me on some of these reasons?
If you haven't read the previous posts there are more than enough reasons stated in them.

On another note you shouldn't be worrying about making a Death Knight right now because you are a Peon and you need to be a Grunt to make one.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
Gnomad Wrote:If you haven't read the previous posts there are more than enough reasons stated in them.

On another note you shouldn't be worrying about making a Death Knight right now because you are a Peon and you need to be a Grunt to make one.

Well i am because i plan ahead but at the moment I'm ironing out the details of my paladin. And I have read the previous posts but there has to be another way to become a Death Knight without the Lich King making one.
But there isn't. Ta-da!
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Alpha2518 Wrote:
Mikain Wrote:It is impossible for an already established character to become one, for more reasons than I'm willing to go into. There's a nice long thread about it in the gm area and that's the conclusion we came to.

Can you enlighten me on some of these reasons?

I gave you one reason on the last page

Alpha2518 Wrote:Well there has to be more then one way to become a Death Knight without the Lich King making me into one.

The only way (atleast that I know of) for someone to be turned into a death knight is to be raised by Arthas, a Lich or a Necromancer, and seeing as most of them are part of the scourge, and other Necromancers are part of other hostile faction, with none being allowed to work under any allowed playable faction, within the horde of the alliance, there is no "legal" way to be turned into a death knight without breaking the reason I stated on the past page.

Note that heroes and GMs CAN play necromancers, but they don't officially work with the horde or the alliance (such as Vrahn's Cedric and Nostra's Alistus (although, I don't really know if Alice is a Necro or not)

But I doubt that they would turn you into one.

Edit:

You clearly didn't read my post. Which stated that the 1st generation of death knights were the "core" part of warlocks who worked for Gul'dan that were put into the bodies of fallen heroes of azeroth = not raised by Arthas

And the highly ranked liches and necromancers of the scourge and the cult of the damned could raise you into one, I believe.
[Image: 25jxl3r.png] ~ [Image: rap0jl.jpg] ~ [Image: 2rz9vtw.png]
- - - - Erie - - - - - - - - - Creezy - - - - - - - - Zarack - - - -
<Academy of Magic> ~ <G S F> ~ ~ <The Forgotten Shadow>
[Image: juzfbn.png]
I disagree because i believe Death Knights can make other Death Knights. Perhaps if i was a Death Knight and i took advantage of a Paladins suffering (whatever it may be) ICly and convince him to become a Death Knight and I could be his tutor. Sort of like the Sith in Star Wars for example were palpatine is anakins tutor. Now i believe that a Death Knight can be made this way and i will believe so untill proven otherwise. Also Necromancers do not have raise the dead for them to become Death Knights and i believe they can make more Death Knights using the method said earlier.
Alpha2518 Wrote:I disagree because i believe Death Knights can make other Death Knights. Perhaps if i was a Death Knight and i took advantage of a Paladins suffering (whatever it may be) ICly and convince him to become a Death Knight and I could be his tutor. Sort of like the Sith in Star Wars for example were palpatine is anakins tutor. Now i believe that a Death Knight can be made this way and i will believe so untill proven otherwise.

/sigh. What you believe and what is part of lore, server or World of Warcraft, are two entirely different things. The shear fact is, is that your currently living Paladin may not/cannot turn into a Death Knight from another DK or from Arthas.

Plus, GM say is the last word that matters, at least on our server.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
If you need a more solid reason. It's all in the blades. They got their rune blades from Arthas, each made specifically for them. With no way to get one from Arthas, any dk character created would have to have already been one.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alpha2518 Wrote:I disagree because i believe Death Knights can make other Death Knights. Perhaps if i was a Death Knight and i took advantage of a Paladins suffering (whatever it may be) ICly and convince him to become a Death Knight and I could be his tutor. Sort of like the Sith in Star Wars for example were palpatine is anakins tutor. Now i believe that a Death Knight can be made this way and i will believe so untill proven otherwise. Also Necromancers do not have raise the dead for them to become Death Knights and i believe they can make more Death Knights using the method said earlier.

A death knight doesn't have the power to grant the strength and skills they were granted by the scourge to a living being by convincing them and they don't have the strength to transfer their own power.

And as far as raising a deady to a death knight, any death knight with knowledge and strength to raise a corpse into something more than a weak ghoul would be too mary-sueish for this server

Edit: And the blades ofcourse... :)
zarakk Wrote:A death knight doesn't have the power to grant the strength and skills they were granted by the scourge to a living being by convincing them and they don't have the strength to transfer their own power.

And as far as raising a deady to a death knight, any death knight with knowledge and strength to raise a corpse into something more than a weak ghoul would be too mary-sueish for this server

Edit: And the blades ofcourse... :)

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, you are not listening. I'm not saying that they raise a corpse. I'm saying they CONVINCE as in PERSUADE a paladin to become a Death Knight by exploiting their misery and suffering or exploiting the fact that as Death Knights they will have immense power and all thier peers will bow before them (Yes I'm exaggerating but thats the point if you want to convince someone to become a Death Knight). And who says they have to transfer thier own power when it can simply be taught thereby elimiting all mary-sueishness. Also there are rune forges in Ebon Hold and whos to say that the Knights of the Ebon Blade arn't making new runeblades with those forges. Therefore new Death Knights can get thier blades without having them gift wrapped by the Lich King.
Yes but I think that what zarakk is trying to say is that even if he does "convince" somebody to come to the dark side, he wouldn't be able to train/show him the way.Just my two coppers, but you know, if everybody put in two coppers, maybe we can all buy a case of bud light.
[Image: 27zxb0o.jpg]
Well as Mikain stated, which I missed to read up on when I made that post, is that the source of the DKs powers are from their runeblades, and you can't teach another person that kind of power.

Simply put:
The only way to play a DK on this server is to be one of the "hip" DKs that broke free from the Lich Kings command along with the Ebon Blade

Edit:

By the way, this is in no means me trying to be all evil and hate and such against you, what I'm saying in this post is not ment in any hostile way at all. Just to get that straight.
zarakk Wrote:Well as Mikain stated, which I missed to read up on when I made that post, is that the source of the DKs powers are from their runeblades, and you can't teach another person that kind of power.

Simply put:
The only way to play a DK on this server is to be one of the "hip" DKs that broke free from the Lich Kings command along with the Ebon Blade

Why can't you teach another person that power? I already explained that there are rune forges in Ebon Hold and those can be most likely used to make more runeblades allowing someone to be taught that power, unless there is some piece of information or lore that I am missing.
Simply by "becoming" a DK from a Paladin and the reverse is a Mary Sue-ish act.
Not to mention a regular DK, he is the definition of Mary Sue-ness, which is why they are special profiles intended to be played only by regulars of CotH (grunts), people that the GM's place their trust in based on the fact that they were recommended by other 3 grunts.

Then there's the prestige titles that were recently introduced to the grunt class. Even those are now very strictly moderated, to assure all goes well. Which is why when you show up with a story of changing class in-game, even if ICly, the idea is subtly dismissed.. through facts.

That's part of the reason why people try to encourage you to play less major characters around here. As far as I know, CotH runs well because of the fact that we're very strict. If one is to allow you to play this kind of idea, then others should be allowed as well... we're all equals right? And if that happens, there'd be no CotH. Just a slow but steady metamorphosis into a retail RP server. :)

Each with their own two cooper, hmm?

Edit:
Overall, there are enough options out there to take your pick from. You don't have to go so high.
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
Right but you can't just go in a place you deserted and say "Hey I got a newbie!".You would be eaten alive by a ghoul :(.
[Image: 27zxb0o.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Death Knights. Ukarai 7 1,833 05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Blood Elf Death Knights.. Bingles 22 4,702 03-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Fortwit
  Creation of Death Knights Fortwit 5 1,694 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Dragonbeard