The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Death Knights: Alive or Undead
Painkillah Wrote:Simply by "becoming" a DK from a Paladin and the reverse is a Mary Sue-ish act.
Not to mention a regular DK, he is the definition of Mary Sue-ness, which is why they are special profiles intended to be played only by regulars of CotH (grunts), people that the GM's place their trust in based on the fact that they were recommended by other 3 grunts.

Then there's the prestige titles that were recently introduced to the grunt class. Even those are now very strictly moderated, to assure all goes well. Which is why when you show up with a story of changing class in-game, even if ICly, the idea is subtly dismissed.. through facts.

That's part of the reason why people try to encourage you to play less major characters around here. As far as I know, CotH runs well because of the fact that we're very strict. If one is to allow you to play this kind of idea, then others should be allowed as well... we're all equals right? And if that happens, there'd be no CotH. Just a slow but steady metamorphosis into a retail RP server. :)

Each with their own two cooper, hmm?

To be honest i never viewed Death Knights as major characters. Simply put, I view the rules as having them as special profiles for population control if you wil. From my understanding there are very Death Knights in The Knights of the Ebon Blade. If they wern't a special profile then thier would probally be a flood of Death Knights and there would be to many when there shouldn't be that much. I also never considered Death Knights to be the definatiion of mary-sue. And explain to me how is becoming a Paladin becoming a Death Knight and then the reverse a mary-sueish act. I know very well thats it's very close to that and I decided that if it's possible for my Paladin to become a Death Knight that i would have to think it out very carefully and realistically so that is not mary-sueish. I would also after being a Death Knight for awhile then try to redeem him so he can rejoin to the Paladin ranks. This is also very close to being mary-sueish and i would have to carefully think that out as well.
I think that after three pages, the question was answered well enough. No need to drag it on. :)
If misunderstood, confused.. ask yourself this.

How many characters in the warcraft world have destroyed Sunwells?
How many have betrayed Night Elves and departed for Outlands after wreaking havoc?
And then, let's not forget...
How many have turned from Paladin to DK then back to Paladin?

You see where I'm going with this? :)

By "DK's are definition of Mary Sue-ness" I meant that they were hand picked by the king. He didn't pick any two cents fighter with a wooden knife in his hand. They are, proven by their history and training, the best of the best. I think there is a very small number of characters out there on our server right now (if at all) that are stronger than a DK.

Feel free to PM me with further discussion on this topic. I'll keep the thread clean. ^^
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
You cannot join the Ebon Blade. If you try to become a DK as a current character that is equivalent to permanent death. You'll go to Northrend, pledge yourself, and then control of your character goes away since we don't want Scourge characters here. By all means, it's a nice motivator but having a bad ending to a character is far from what I think you want.

Also, the Ebon Blade can't raise new Knights. If they could, probably only Mograine and the teachers would do it (Don't get your hopes up.).

TL;DR: You cannot do this. I'm sorry, but it's just not happening ever.
Painkillah Wrote:If misunderstood, confused.. ask yourself this.

How many characters in the warcraft world have destroyed Sunwells?
How many have betrayed Night Elves and departed for Outlands after wreaking havoc?
And then, let's not forget...
How many have turned from Paladin to DK then back to Paladin?

You see where I'm going with this? :)

By "DK's are definition of Mary Sue-ness" I meant that they were hand picked by the king. He didn't pick any two cents fighter with a wooden knife in his hand. They are, proven by their history and training, the best of the best. I think there is a very small number of characters out there on our server right now (if at all) that are stronger than a DK.

Feel free to PM me with further discussion on this topic. I'll keep the thread clean. ^^

Yes the original ones in The Knights of the Ebon Blade where hand picked by the king. But I'm not saying that my paladin is hand picked by the king. I'm saying that my paladin (remember this is all hypothetical) is picked out by a Death Knight (Not controlled by the Lich King but by one of the ones who broke free from his will) for one reason or another to be used as a subordinate or pawn. And I'm not saying that it's just my paladin but hypothetically anyone could be convinced by a Death Knight to join their ranks. Now I will continue the discussion with you in the PM system and let everyone else debate.
Kaghuros Wrote:You cannot join the Ebon Blade. If you try to become a DK as a current character that is equivalent to permanent death. You'll go to Northrend, pledge yourself, and then control of your character goes away since we don't want Scourge characters here. By all means, it's a nice motivator but having a bad ending to a character is far from what I think you want.

Also, the Ebon Blade can't raise new Knights. If they could, probably only Mograine and the teachers would do it (Don't get your hopes up.).

TL;DR: You cannot do this. I'm sorry, but it's just not happening ever.

Well it was a nice dream. AND STOP SAYING RAISING. I dont mean raise from the dead (for The Knights of the Ebon Blade), I mean simply convince living people to join their ranks if possible (even though they can still raise from the dead thats not what i mean by new Death Knights.) But if Paladins can't become and Death Knights and that same Death Knight redeem himself become a Paladn again, can i make a Death Knight from scratch and then have that Death Knight redeem himself to become a Paldin. Or is that impossible to.

P.S: Sorry about caps lock.
The ebon blade see themselves as a blight on the land. Hell, they'd probably try to find a way to destroy themselves after Arthas is dead. Why would they make more of themselves...

That's a rhetorical question.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Mikain Wrote:The ebon blade see themselves as a blight on the land. Hell, they'd probably try to find a way to destroy themselves after Arthas is dead. Why would they make more of themselves...

That's a rhetorical question.

Thats your view not mine. But I'll respect it.
You seem not to understand that all Death Knights of the 3rd generation are 100% dead and have been raised into service. All of them, no exceptions, were killed by the Scourge before Light's Hope or pledged their souls and were killed and raised.

Also yeah, a lot of the Ebon Blade seem to hate what they are, but they hate Arthas a whole lot more for cursing them.

Edit: For clarification, this has been my experience with NPCs and a few player characters. Most of the player characters didn't seem to be Ebon Blade really, which was why I started an Ebon Blade plot I won't get into back when DKs were first allowed.
Kaghuros Wrote:You seem not to understand that all Death Knights of the 3rd generation are 100% dead and have been raised into service. All of them, no exceptions, were killed by the Scourge before Light's Hope or pledged their souls and were killed and raised.

Also yeah, a lot of the Ebon Blade seem to hate what they are, but they hate Arthas a whole lot more for cursing them.

Edit: For clarification, this has been my experience with NPCs and a few player characters. Most of the player characters didn't seem to be Ebon Blade really, which was why I started an Ebon Blade plot I won't get into back when DKs were first allowed.

They can't be all 100% dead. Some must be living beings even though they pledged their souls.

Quote:Unlike Gul'dan's death knights, these dark champions do not possess free will and their minds are inexorably entwined with and dominated by the Lich King's vast consciousness. Despite the heavy costs of free will, some powerful mortals are intrigued by the promise of immortality and pledge their souls freely into the Lich King's service to achieve it.

This means they can still be Death Knights without having to be killed and then raised from the dead. Arthas (before he merged with Nerzhul) was a Death Knight and he wasn't killed and then raised from the dead to become a Death Knight.
This isn't going anywhere.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Death Knights. Ukarai 7 1,833 05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Blood Elf Death Knights.. Bingles 22 4,702 03-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Fortwit
  Creation of Death Knights Fortwit 5 1,694 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Dragonbeard