The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Decision Archive
Quote:Worgen Children:

Recently we have been asked by a number of people to discuss and make a decision on if worgen can or can not have children and how those children would even work. This discussion has been in progress for a while, however Blizzard beat us to the punch. After more discussion with the team, our stance was decided to go with what Blizzard has stated as lore.

The Chadster @killermonkey78: Can worgen reproduce naturally or only through a bite or blood? Would their child be a worgen or normal?

CDev Response: The worgen curse is exactly that: a curse. Its origins are rooted in the druidic "pack form" that was later altered by the Scythe of Elune. The end result is the worgen we see today, beings that can transmit their affliction to others via a single bite.

In theory, if two worgen were to mate and produce an offspring, that offspring would not be a worgen. The child would merely possess the genetic material of his or her parents, like any other child sans the curse.

This means that yes, worgen can have children. However the children will not be worgen and will be human.
...Why? How? I'm very confused.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Blizzard didn't care to go into details about it, so we really have no idea why it works the way it does. It's a curse, magic. That's the sad thing about Blizz. They sometimes leave more questions than answers to their lore.

[Also remember that if anyone opposes/has comments on a decision, take it to the PD as to not clutter this thread!]
Because the curse itself is magical in nature. Aka non-hereditary. Makes perfect sense to me.
(oops i commented literally at the exact same time as Reigen feel free to delete)
It isn't about hereditainess (I made a word up!) or genes. If the curse is transmissible by blood, ala Crowley, then it should be transmissible by blood in utero.

Not contesting, just elaborating on transmission for others.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(04-07-2014, 12:59 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: It isn't about hereditainess (I made a word up!) or genes. If the curse is transmissible by blood, ala Crowley, then it should be transmissible by blood in utero.

That assumes that the transmission is still viral/blood-borne in nature, as opposed to a curse that is transmitted via bites or similar afflictions.

If we assume it's 100% magical in nature, albeit altered, then in the case of drinking Worgen blood it might well be something of a symbolism thing where the one drinking the blood has to do so willingly, "accepting" the curse or some such.

Otherwise the curse is "cast" via a worgen biting a non-worgen?

Just a few thoughts, really. It also begs the question of what would happen if you stabbed someone with a worgen's fang sans-the-rest-of-them. Would that apply the curse?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
(04-07-2014, 05:37 PM)Hexproof Wrote: That assumes that the transmission is still viral/blood-borne in nature, as opposed to a curse that is transmitted via bites or similar afflictions.

If we assume it's 100% magical in nature, albeit altered, then in the case of drinking Worgen blood it might well be something of a symbolism thing where the one drinking the blood has to do so willingly,

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:No_Escape

Quote:Maleb and the other members of the leadership grabs a vial of worgen blood and promptly drinks it, turning them into worgen.

While your theory is plausible, the very act of drinking their blood causes a transformation. This kind of cuts out the curse bit.
(05-18-2013, 05:13 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: I think if someone wishes to contest a decision in the archive, or offer a better solution/answer, the best option would be to create a thread on the specific issue to discuss the topic.

I don't mean to cut off public discourse regarding this topic, but if people desire to continue discussing it, I would like it if they made a separate thread in another section of the forums: Lore would probably work. Just to keep the DA thread itself more tidy. Thanks!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Hiya! Not long ago I had a PD query about a building request (spawning a couple of world items), and remembering this thread, I think it would be awesome to have an addition to the decision archive as to what is and isn't buildable, and any conditions applying to it! Thanks in advance!
Good idea! I think a few GMs wanted to change around/define better that sort of thing anyway.
Quote:CMCs and Immunity:

We have had CMCs in the past and present that are immune to certain means of combat, however this is not fair to current combat rules of everyone having an equal chance against everyone else unless they willingly make themselves weaker. As a result, CMCs cannot be immune to anything and instead may have resistances against things. They can still get hit by what they are resistant too, and should emote in a way that makes sense for it, and dodges can be explained as the resistance preventing the hit form landing.

An example could be an elemental getting hit on their armor section or bracers [depending on what they are] on a successful hit and the sword passing though their body harmlessly on a fail roll.
Quote:Special Profile Test-Run

Players are permitted to roleplay their Special Profile character prior to profile approval provided they follow a few select steps and ask GM permission before they begin roleplaying. Details can be found here.
[Image: awesome.gif]
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]