The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Departure
These last few weeks have been complete stress. I have been having issues in college. I have been dealing with matters on CotH, both on the GM team and with players. I have always approached CotH much as I would a job, but as a job which I enjoy. I cannot say that has been the case for some time.

I have failed. I have failed with running events—many were truncated or were aborted with filled waiting lists. I have failed with reforming rules, repairing feelings between the team, and between the GM team and the playerbase as a whole. I couldn’t even see my own project aimed at my specialty (the implementation of the custom patch) through to completion.

For all of this I have remained unapologetic, because in the end I could say to myself; ‘at least I’ve tried’. But at this point, there seems to be no point in trying anymore. No matter what I will be hated, or distrusted; I will be seen as uncaring, or dismissive, or spiteful. I will be an antagonist, with full intention to harm.

I will be called this by those within the community. I will be called this by those outside of the community, who watch and wait for when the time is worst to post their criticisms—people who have been inactive to the point where they have likely not even dealt with the current staff will hate us for what position we hold on the server. People will say that this is not aimed at us—but it is. And it’s easy to throw such words and phrases around until you find them directed at yourself.

In the past I have attempted to say that I do not care. But matters like this are one of erosion. There is only so much that one can take before they crumble, and I have reached that point. I have been on the GM team for three years. From the very moment I was promoted I was thrown into drama. I have dealt with much more since. At least then though I was able to move on to something better—but, I just can’t see that anymore. The only thing I can get out of CotH as of late is anger, depression and hatred.

This is already growing overly long, unfortunately. I’m good at rambling. In short, I’m stepping down. I’ll likely not be on the server either. I’ve resolved to remain this way until we make a full transition to Cataclysm—whether that ends up being a few months, a few weeks, or a year. Whenever it comes up, I’ll rejoin the team and see if I can keep my head afloat.

I will be using what remains of my time as a GM (until I’m demoted) to attempt and finish work on the ‘patchaclysm’ spawning which I began.

I'm sorry.
Rigley. On January 6th of 2012, you posted to me an image that brightened my day, strengthened my resolve, and made even greater the unbreakable bond between two bros.

Today, I return that image to you. MAY IT BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY AS IT ONCE BRIGHTENED MINE!

Spoiler:
[Image: mario_bros_haters_gonna_hate_by_mattmcmanis-d352c8d.gif]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Times like this, I wish there was a 'dislike' button. You're awesome Rigley. You don't deserve the harsh words that are being said. I pray we can make cata come faster, because the team needs you.
You're a good guy, Rigley. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

I've known you since you got on staff and up to the point in which I left, and I know how trying it can be to perform for such a time. Regardless of what anyone else says, I will always view you as a paragon and a model GM.

I know that I will miss you, even if we didn't RP, but i'll miss you for being a person.

:(
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Many a time you have been an inspiration, Rigley. While I may be the oldest with you I still look up to you with the upmost respect as you have taught me many things. It is sad to see you go, but at the same time I understand the stresses of life and online all meshing together.

Alas I'm not so elegant a wordsmith as I hope to be in this times. For now, instead, I hope to say that I will be able to follow the gracious example you've set and lead as the GMs should.

Remember Rigley, for years we've been friends and I don't want this to end any time soon. If you ever want to hang out then you know well where to find me.
Man, I don't even know what to say here.

:\

Take care Rigley.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

H'aw. Sad to see ya' go, Rigley.

But I will remember the awesome times, and the awesome places. Thanks for a lot of epicness! And good luck!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Damn it, Rigley, why? You haven't failed anyone.

You're awesome, man. :C
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
I always did find you to be my favourite person on the GM team due to your interactions with the server, your creative building, and the willingness to create events for people. I can't speak for everyone (nor should I try to), but you'll be missed within the player base.

I always thought you were a swell guy, despite never knowing you personally. Can't wait to see you back again, and I hope you get your spirits up soon!
My only response.

Spoiler:
[Image: spike.jpg]

See you later, space cowboy.
Characters: To be added.
Aww. I'm really sad to see you go Rigley. :( I know we didn't really talk much... Or ever, really, but I've always liked you as a GM and admired how much you do for the server. S'a shame but I hope you find happiness in the future.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Riglorp, you will be missed.

Spoiler:
[Image: fsadn51.jpg]
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

I'm going to miss you. So damn much.
Well... This is sad..

I miss you already.. My buddeh..

(You haven't failed. This can't be said enough.)
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.
Mate, I'll probably end up bugging you on skype, but here's something you should know.

You've never failed. So events didn't work out. Who cares? That kind of stuff happens to -everyone-. It doesn't mean you've failed anyone at all. You've done so much for everyone here. I honestly can't think of anything that I can say you failed in. I'm gonna miss you. A lot. All I can say is good luck with your future. With College, with Wuvvums.

Peace out bro, I hope things work out for you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abrupt Departure ThePharaoh 9 1,985 03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Nostra
  My departure. Hawk 8 1,252 04-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Nostra