The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Did the Kaldorei know about the Eastern Kingdoms?
Most people would say that they didn't. Or at least, that's what I remember about most people. However, I had a few thoughts otherwise. Firstly, the Green Dragonflight have two portals to the Emerald Dream and, as everyone knows, the Green Dragonflight and the Kaldorei are pretty intrinsically linked.

As well as this (and this is the bigger point), that's where the Highborne traitors were sent. After the giant magical storm that some of the Highborne sent at Ashenvale, Malfurion was called to give judgement. He didn't want to kill them, so he sent them off in a direction where, supposedly, no land was. Something doesn't add up here, and so I'm curious, how much do you guys think the Night Elves truly knew about the rest of the World?

Also, secondary question; is the Emerald Dream a mirror of Pre-Sundering Azeroth or post-Sundering?
Personally, I don't think it's a case of "They didn't know" and more so a case of it being they had more of a presence on Kalimdor, because that's where their home was along with many other settlements. Being the oldest race on Azeroth, and the guardians that they are, they watched a lot of the younger races bloom and change, knowing their histories and such.

Given that they internalized themselves into their own lands for such a long time, it could be more that they didn't wish to be found and didn't actively seek the more populated continent. Knowing it was there, they probably just stayed away for risk of getting involved with more war and squabbles.

From the wiki, it does state that they mistrust the "lesser races", mostly because they view them as immature and war-like, something they didn't want a part of really, until they were thrust into it themselves once again.

So, I think it's less they didn't know, and more they didn't want to be screwed with.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

FlyingSquirrel Wrote:Also, secondary question; is the Emerald Dream a mirror of Pre-Sundering Azeroth or post-Sundering?

The Emerald Dream is a rendition of Azeroth as it should have been - it's perfect and untouched aside from the regions affected by the Nightmare.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
The Emerald Dream is a pre-sundered version of the world and a mirror of what the world would have been like if left untouched.

And of course Night Elves knew about the various continents in the world, they created them because they couldn't handle their magic.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
Yes, forgot about that. Eastern Kingdoms was part of Kalimdor before the Great Sundering (The Cataclysm, not the one caused by Deathwing) blew the continent apart creating at least four different locations, current Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, and another location (Not Pandaria, that was always separate, I'm pretty sure.)
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-28-2013, 08:26 AM)Rensin Wrote: Yes, forgot about that. Eastern Kingdoms was part of Kalimdor before the Great Sundering (The Cataclysm, not the one caused by Deathwing) blew the continent apart creating at least four different locations, current Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, and another location (Not Pandaria, that was always separate, I'm pretty sure.)

Nope, Pandaland was always connected I believe, as far as current lore states. But then again, who knows if that was just tacked on as necessary.
Pandaria was connected to Azeroth, as far as I know. There's some tidbit of lore from doing Pandaria Archaeology where they say the Yaungol were a group of Tauren that were split apart during The Sundering.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Yaungol

Quote:The Yaungol are descendants from the Tauren and native to Pandaria. They were actually separated from the Tauren during the Great Sundering over 10,000 years ago.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."