08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2637
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85232
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2206
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Diethe's Bounty Hunts.
Diethe's Assassination Events
IC Thread Found here

Basically, I'm gonna make these alts that will walk around. I'll announce in an Event Thread about the mark's appearance and also announce them in the Chat channel. (Still not sure how people will pick up and suddenly bump in to these characters however.) Anyway, the announcement will involve certain parties or people wanting items stolen from these character or otherwise have them killed. You must observe my character's actions, behavior and routes and be creative in trying to take them out. The sky's the limit, including dropping a piano on them! But always think through your decisions and actions, as every failure will result in an even harder success rate and a more paranoid mark. Heck, they might even lock themselves up and throw away their routine if they notice something wrong or if they notice you, the killer, acting suspicious.

Either way, I hope to encourage thinking RP. Once a mark is done or has been killed, I'll put up winners in the Event post and have some sort of tally. Sort of like an Assassin's tally or a competition. It'll be fun.

Right now, I'm planning on using a loose roll system to decide chances of success based on character class, skills and so forth (So a warrior will definitely have a better chance of success taking a mark head on). I used to do this on another server and it was fun, with assassination events culminating in the mark sleeping with the fishes thrown off a waterfall, or a big mammoth skull being dropped on them in the Dwarven museum.

Bonus Rolls:
Warrior: Head on Confrontations, Fighting
Rogues: Escaping, Traps, Diplomacy, (No Stealthing)
Priests: Diplomacy, Healing, Minor Mind Control

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Event 1: The Death of Varren Snow Completed!
Participants: Aimee & Talla
Aimee has dealt the killing blow, using her robotic chickens to enfuriate a drunken Varren.

From the tavern at the dwarven district after a night of drinking, Varren rode off to his quiet spot overlooking the park to mourn the death of his lover. Talla failed in mind controlling Varren off the cliff.

Desperate with easy way to make it an accidents and their plans failing, Aimee unleashed several robotic chickens at the Stormwind guard stationed there and at Varren. Varren made quick work of the chickens kicking them and destroying them, only to kick the last one and get blown off into the Harbor!

The Stormwind Guards stationed quickly scoured the area and located a hiding Aimee among the crates. Aimee managed to escape only by the skin on her teeth with the use of her ever-trusty gadgets and used a smoke powder to run off. The Stormwind Guard is still on full alert for a short haired woman, and of suspicious chickens around the city!
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
[-] The following 5 users Like Diethe's post:
  • Kage, Altaine, ImagenAshyun, Geoni, Jonoth
PM
Can't help but enjoy assassination events. We had some before, but that tappered off. More assassinations though would be great!
PM
Very interesting idea. I support!
PM
Interesting.. veeeery interesting.

*strokes his glorious beard in thought*
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
PM
Oh, this would give one of my lesser RPed characters some motivation to pull her off the bench and get her more RP. If you wish, we can probably collaborate, or I can just help you DM. I don't mind being a normal player too, though. Either way, this seems absolutely fun!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Assassination events seem like a ball and I am so in for this. Even got an assassin character already.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
I'll probably kick off with a starter by the weekend something simple.

Also take note that common sense and 'normality' comes very much into play here. I'd like it to be a deep thinking event. If my alt sees a hooded masked man with poison-tipped daggers as I walk across the street to buy my daily batch of bread, expect me to run or at least be put-off and be more cautious. Also, don't kill someone in cold blood in the street, please.

Anyway, this is to pair up with Maulbane's own mini events of gladiator matches in Gadgetzan. Not that extensive or wide, but hey it's nice 'sidequests'.
Main Characters:

[-] The following 2 users Like Diethe's post:
  • Maulbane, Kage
PM
Double post for the thread being posted. Don't reply here though. Any questions can be placed here instead.

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...ion-Events

Really sounds typically schemish and grim and edgy, but trust me, the plot at the end's worth it and far from it. Try starting by noting how the conversation goes and how this guy tries talking with you. Remember, this is going to be a strategic event.

I hope to start by tomorrow. Stay tuned to the post.
Main Characters:

[-] The following 2 users Like Diethe's post:
  • Delta, Kage
PM
The first event will begin at 11:00 AM Server Time today!

Whisper me in Riggs or Varren, or post in this thread. The event will only involve one or two participants for now, as this will be an easy introduction to our little system. It will be hosted in Stormwind, so I require an Alliance-aligned participant for this one.
Main Characters:

PM
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

[-] The following 1 user Likes MstrCorvus's post:
  • Diethe
Others are also welcome to spectate, act as passersby (Within reason) or just listen in on the raid group, but generally not make it a pain for the participant to actually kill in silence.
Main Characters:

PM
I may not be able to make it due to times. Because 4 am wake ups aren't fun when I need to do things. I'll try to make the next one!
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

I want in~
PM
Well alright Kage could do this one.
Main Characters:

PM
I'd love to get Jethro involved and busy with things. Bounty Hunting/Assassinating is right up his alley.
[Image: 11.jpg]

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Alliance - Play Free Online Games
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Pesky Gnome. A Bounty Hunters Tale. razial 0 186 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Last Post: razial