The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dire Maul RP hub for criminals.
I've recently started to read the comics of WoW.. And noticed, yes we have the Dire Maul arena there which is cool.. I was just thinking if we could possibly neutralize the NPCs around the arena so we can access the ledge around it.. maybe add some seats and some stalls around the outside. Oh yeah, and the rooms with the hyena's at the Arena Entrance would make good weapon/armor storage rooms.

I was just thinking of holding some Arena games there, where even warlocks and stuff can join..

But yeah please consider this, I mean it would stick to lore completely due to the fact this is just how it's described in the comics.

Peace out.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
Dire Maul's problem is that it's an instance, so de-instancing it for RP would make it unusable for raiding, as well as making it stuck as an Arena.

While the idea is certainly one worth considering, it may not be flexible enough to do D:
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Umm... you do know we are using un instanced area you can walk into already as one of the arenas?
No, he means the arena outside of the instance.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Yeah that one
I support this. :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
OH WELL THEN.

IGNORE ME.
There are other arenas as well on the OOC teleporter that don't see a whole lot of love.

Check 'em out!
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I know, and as nice as they are, like there is no lore reason for the criminal hub around the Blade's Edge one, even less so in Nagrand. And no way would it be in Gurubashi.

Quote:The entrance is thronged with fighters and trainers, brigands and thieves, and the select fans whose wealth drives the combat...
From the WoW Comics, volume 3

Seeing as there are NO criminal RP hubs none what so ever anymore.. I mean yeah there IS a cultist hub but like, delusional cultists don't hang around with bandits and pirates much.

Yes, the pirates have the boats, but you can't always RP on a boat, sometimes land is nice.
That... is a good point. The Dire Maul arena would make for a great crime RP hub that's already in game.
Its kinda cool, but I dont know. Would the inhabiting ogres let everyone just use the ruins. Or would Shen'dralar? Its an ancient ruin, not an neutral hideout. Just saying.
Well the comic says they do, so yes they do. The Shen'dralar don't occupy those parts of the ruins. The ogre's would probably be reluctant, if not aggressive if you went into sacred areas. But this arena is "open to all who wish to fight for death.... or glory". I 'm only talking about this little arena area and the bit around it to be the hub. Not the entire of Dire Maul.
If I recall, don't some of the orgres in fact help RUN the arena?

As for the Shen'dralar, they're all holed up in a small secluded area of Dire Maul. And Dire Maul is huge.
I find the idea of Dire Maul as a sanctuary for criminals rather far-fetched, wether it's established in lore or not. Dire Maul is one of the most remote places on Azeroth, tucked far away in a jungle miles away from civilization, which in a criminal's case means gold and women. Dire Maul is just not the place for any ordinary thug or criminal.
The ogres "own" the arena, but the Crimson Ring run the arena games. This place isn't the kinda criminal hub for thugs and gangs etc etc. It's more of a safe zone for big shot criminals. Assassins and so on, I dunno, if I was in their place, an ancient ruin deep in some remote location would be where I'd hide. Seems more logical than far fetched, in my opinion. If you want to RP more like thug type criminals then places like The Drag, or Murder Row, or Cut-throat alley etc etc would make more sense obviously.

None the less, clearing out the chambers next to that arena, and allowing a safe path to the upper level around the arena for spectators would make sense. Those chambers could be the preparation rooms with armor and weapons, which has a path leading to the upper levels anyway. I'm not saying make ALL the ogres and hyena's passive. I'm just saying the area near the arena. It's almost like a giant court in the middle of the ruins, and that's the only zone I'm saying should be used as the RP Hub I was talking about.

Not only criminals would go there either. Explorers, treasure hunters, archaeologists, and fighters who wanna earn a name for them selves have reason to be there.

The other thing I have to say is, I heard rumors that a lawless place was around once, and that it turned out pretty bad. This place isn't exactly lawless. The ogres run it, but the thing is, they won't care if a fight breaks out or if someone kills someone. Nor would they really care if thieves were going around stealing stuff from visitors. The only things they won't let you do, is claim the hub for your self, disrupt any arena games or do anything against them. Everything else, no one could care less. And when you go to a place like that, you don't wanna go alone, you wouldn't go there alone in real life so there is no reason that your character would in game. Why? Because if you are alone surrounded by potentially dangerous people, you're an easy target. Also, if a fight breaks out between two people, not everyone has to get involved.