The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Discussion on IC mounts
(04-21-2013, 05:32 AM)Zhaei Wrote: If it's the same as retail, all mounts are defaulted to maximum speed in Cataclysm!

Epic! I'll test this later!
Right..

Winged Guardian: No explanation or connection to anything IC. The only thing it connects to is money, and the recruiit a friend / scroll of ressurrection.

Raven Lord: It has -the- tiniest wings in the game. How this conveys a flying mount is beyond me. The Hawkstrider looks more fit for flight if you look at it with the tiniest bit of biology in mind.

Celestial Steed: Likewise only connected to money and more money.

Tyrael's Charger: It has one connection and one purpose; Buy Diablo 3 and 12 months of game time... Oh and it's connected to Tyrael from a completely different franchise.

All the above are unique in looks, which I believe is 80% of the reason people want them, and frankly they look really.. Well, silly. The fact that it looks like something that -might- be connected to something IC is because Blizzard has to, it'd be weird if they suddenly released something like a straight up tank that didn't look anything like a siege engine. It'd look out of place. Again however, Celestial Steed, Guardian and Charger have no place IC, imo. But that's just my opinion on it, and it's interesting reading what others say.

The same goes for the pet versions.
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.
The Raven Lord flies?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

...So wait you're saying I can ask GMs for mounts?.... Even ones that are unusual/uncommon?
[Image: 0.jpg]
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
(04-21-2013, 07:20 AM)Noble Wrote: ...So wait you're saying I can ask GMs for mounts?.... Even ones that are unusual/uncommon?

That's not what's being said at all, haha.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-21-2013, 07:20 AM)Rensin Wrote: That's not what's being said at all, haha.

Spoiler:
[Image: ayyyyy-fonz.jpg]
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Jokes aside, I like Xigo and Spiky's ideas, although shouldn't something like a phoenix be more relevant/secluded to the Blood Mages (whatever class Kael'thalas was in WC3)?
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.

You’ve got to say:
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
What about using stuff as "counts as" to show difference from the norm? I use Headless Horseman's mount to represent different armor for Lenorius's Deathcharger, but ICly it's still a Deathcharger. And I've used Raven Lord on Aendron much like @Scout has. Sure, yeah, some of them are really out there, but going for a "counts as" can be useful in instances where certain items just aren't cross factional. You don't know how badly I want a Silver Covenant Hippogriph for Aendron or a Darnassian Nightsabre for Matou.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
And no, the Raven Lord -can't- fly. I just read that people use it in place of a flying mount, whch, is ridicoulous given the bird's wingspan and comparative size without any gas chambers within it's body to make it much, much lighter than it appears as well as make up for the armor that seems to be part of it's wings.
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.
I guess this goes in the same category as Invincible?
This is my own opinion here--

But I've always seen mounts and IC use in this manner. Sure, you could say that certain mounts are unique, or they wouldn't make sense, so on and so forth, but as has been displayed here, there could be multiple ways to explain said mounts in a logical and practical manner. Invincible, the flying Gnome head, Raven Lord...

All of those mounts don't -have- to be considered to be the "lore" version of such. Raven Lord, as said before, is a lot like a large strider. It may not bode well with a handful of people, but I don't see why it's such a problem to see it as such. I totally support diversity in mounts, as I know it's been discouraged for people to ride drakes/dragons or any mount that's a flying mount practically beyond the vanilla stuff we have available, and considering we are going into cata I think we could stand to have a bit more diversity and leeway with what's acceptable.

In the case of invincible---sure, it's Arthas' mount. But... he's the only person that could have wings on his horse? What's wrong with someone claiming their Deathknight has a horse like Arthas' that isn't Invicible, but their own steed? What's wrong with someone saying their Gnome/Engineer made a heli-mount that looks like a head?

Aside from that, I support the cross faction mounts too. Doesn't make sense that Horses/Worgs/Goats/Elekks/whathaveyou's are race specific.

You'd assume that people could tame their own mounts, or even raise them.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-21-2013, 07:20 AM)Rensin Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 07:20 AM)Noble Wrote: ...So wait you're saying I can ask GMs for mounts?.... Even ones that are unusual/uncommon?

That's not what's being said at all, haha.

Well, I'd personally like some kind of confirmation on this matter, because if Flora's going hunter, its conceivable that she could tame that zhevra she's always wanted. :P

Ultimately, though, I feel like people should generally avoid mounts ICly unless it has a purpose- they can have personalities and be a great accessory to describe what a character's role and status is, true.
But no one rolls around IRL in a really fancy car in the mittle of a social gathering unless they're... blatantly compensating for something.
Or it means they have a nice car they like to show off, heh.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Well we could just make all of these 'make a PD thread and you might receive', but I sincerely doubt anyone would get a Raven Lord.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(04-21-2013, 09:07 AM)Dae Wrote: But no one rolls around IRL in a really fancy car in the mittle of a social gathering unless they're... blatantly compensating for something.
No further comment.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:

You’ve got to say:
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
(04-21-2013, 09:27 AM)Xigo Wrote: Well we could just make all of these 'make a PD thread and you might receive', but I sincerely doubt anyone would get a Raven Lord.

Can I ask why? Looking up stuff on WoWhead/WoWwiki, I couldn't find any associated lore to it. Is this just a "It doesn't make sense" scenario, because... I honestly can't find anything confirming this is indeed a lore-related mount/animal.

Granted, I know there's the instance boss it drops from, but that's one of the Bird people from the Outland's instance, aye?

(04-21-2013, 09:35 AM)Noble Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 09:07 AM)Dae Wrote: But no one rolls around IRL in a really fancy car in the mittle of a social gathering unless they're... blatantly compensating for something.
No further comment.

Next time I drive my 1971 Cougar I'll make sure I do so without pants.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discussion: Killing Characters Xigo 24 3,995 06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
  CW and Character Death Discussion Zhaei 26 4,552 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Post-Meet and Greet Discussion Loxmardin 13 2,523 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM