The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Disguises 'n imitation A common sense guide by Azheron
The guards still don't accept masks in cities.

And that wouldn't really put out any suspiciousness, just hide it.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Azheron Wrote:And that wouldn't really put out any suspiciousness, just hide it.
A person wearing a mask is going to generate more suspicion than someone who isn't wearing one. A mask draws attention to the individual who is wearing it because it clearly states to the world, "I'm trying to hide my identity!"

The people who see this person may react in a number of different ways:
  • Some will avoid interacting with that person for fear of repercussion, whether from the individual or the authorities
  • Others will be curious and may remember more details of that person as a result
  • A very small few will view learning the identity as a challenge and will go out of their way to determine who it is, perhaps drawing more attention to the individual along the way

However, a person to blends in with his environment, who takes advantage of people's prejudices and expectations, and who is only what he appears to be will have the best disguise. I guess it's an example of hiding in plain sight.

In your example, Aphertoros, an individual who has claims to be horribly disfigured is going to generate interest. People will remember him and, as a result, may remember other details that would help identify him later. While some people would accept it (some with repulsion, others with sympathy, and so on and so forth), others may be curious (about the extent of the injuries, how he obtained them, and so on). This could potentially generate more questions.
Yeah.

That's... What I meant, in a strange way, or I thought I did.

That's the point, there can be no perfect disguise. I should start copy & pasting Piroskas answers in here.
On my character on another server, I play an assassin. And what I do is that I walk around with my normal clothes in public, but in the guild I'm running, I wear a disguise. This means that the guild and the public see only 1 side of me each. I have a pic of that disguise:

[Image: x6en44.png]

You see, this disguise covers all of his skin and his face very well.
Jurkey Wrote:On my character on another server, I play an assassin. And what I do is that I walk around with my normal clothes in public, but in the guild I'm running, I wear a disguise. This means that the guild and the public see only 1 side of me each. I have a pic of that disguise:

[Image: x6en44.png]

You see, this disguise covers all of his skin and his face very well.

Still, your voice or your mannerisms wouldn't be all that covered. Allthough, I've seen some voice changing masks on the server.
I've always been of the opinion that in order to have a good disguise, you'd have to completely come up with a different persona. And even then, the best disguise is one that's seldom used.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

The perfect disguise is as a leper. You wrap your face and hands and any other exposed skin in bandages, or you wear a wooden or metal mask to cover your face. This plays on the ancient fear of leprosy as being a highly communicable disease, as people wanted lepers' disfigurements to be unseen and completely covered so as to not become sick themselves. The ragged, baggy clothing and bandages are supplemented by a hunched posture and slight limp, and you may not even speak at all. No one will expect you to do so.

However, lepers and the diseased are not fondly thought of, and you may be chased away from somewhere if you're loitering. Even so, few people pay attention to the poor and the sick, so you can generally blend in with the beggars of any large city and watch whoever you want until they notice you're following them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simply Enchanting - A guide to the most magical of arts Kaghuros 10 3,173 09-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Getting your profile accepted quickly: A guide Xigo 2 2,473 09-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Sacrilege of Fatal Arms, a guide to armor and weapons. Jeff 19 8,932 09-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Last Post: QuantumLegacy
  Surviving CotH for New Players: A guide Reigen 30 20,789 06-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  'Kill On Sight' Guide Xigo 40 13,694 05-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Killazer