11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 604
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3869
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87719
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3228
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3476

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Dota2
Seeing as Steam decided to throw four copies of the game at me, who wants one? Giving them away for free.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
PM
If by some wonder there are more than four people on here that doesn't already have Dota 2, I have three copies to gift as well. Please, I beg you, take my Dota 2 copies. I keep giving them out and Valve keeps giving them to me. I don't even play Dota. I don't want Dota. VALVE, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!? *breaks down crying*
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
Eight and counting~

.. Let's do a game. Who has the most Dota they don't want and can't give them away?
PM
I've already given away several. First it was just two so I gave those out to friends. Then I got another one a few days later and I was in the process of finding somebody to give it to, Valve was like "Here, have two more copies, bro." My friends whom I gifted the game to have started to get them as well. It's like a freaking virus, man. Why don't they just ****ing release it!?
Spoiler:
PM
I got DotA2 as well, but I just prefer League. >.>
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xigo's post:
  • Sorum
PM
It's because League is the superior game. Because it updated. Dota 2 is pretty much trying to be like the original Dota but with fancy graphics, while LoL updated its gameplay to simply be better. That's how game development is supposed to work. You don't make a sequel and try to keep the games flaws because it's "part of the gameplay." When you have to master a game's flaws to get good at it, you're doing it wrong.
Spoiler:
PM
I disagree Rox. IMO, DotA is for more serious players or for players who seek some real challenge. I play DotA for five years, and still not even close to be a pro.
I played LoL for about 2 years, but I just don't like it. It's like... I don't know, I can't see the challenge in LoL. /Shrug

^ Just my opinion.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
I don't agree with you, but I know a lot of people do. I just don't think Dota 2 has progressed a lot from it's original concept and like I mentioned earlier, a lot of getting good at Dota is about mastering the game's flaws. These flaws in the original Dota was most likely not a gameplay decision but rather a limitation of the software it was built on. Why Dota 2 kept many of these flaws baffles me.

At least it's not as bad as the community. Sure, there are plenty of asses and "Mordekaiser is numb 1 huehuehuehue" in the LoL community as well as so many Polish people who refuses to speak English that I almost think my monitor lost it's capability to display vowels, but at least I don't have to hear "****ing casual" every game I play. I've never really experienced such a hostile and unforgiving community as Dota.

But if you can play despite that and I enjoy it, then all the more power to you. It is however, absolutely true that Dota is for more serious players than LoL, and that maybe very well be why I don't like it. I play games mainly to have fun, seeing how it's electronic entertainment at all, but the Dota community doesn't at all agree with me on that.
Spoiler:
PM
I will argue against both of you. LoL is just as competitive as DotA, it just has made an effort to avoid thing which ultimately bring the entire MOBA thaang down.

-Hypercarries. In LoL, every character is useful, depending on the skill of the player. In DotA, if you pick a hypercarry... well. You're useless until the rest of the team is useless.
-Denying. Yes, this is an element that adds more competitive mechanics to a game. However, it's not necessary. All it serves to do is make the laning phase more boring than it already is, and denies new players the opportunity to easily enter the game.
-Unforgiving. In LoL, you can make a comeback with teamwork. In DotA, if you fall behind, the enemy's hypercarry will generally never let you catch up again.
-Abilities. Ultimates are insane in DotA compared to what they are in LoL.

Now, you might be thinking to yourself. 'Xigo. You love Dark Souls. And yet you disdain DotA for being unforgiving'?

Yes, I do.

See. In the competitive sense, it's excellent to make it possible for you to escape or come back after making a mistake. In DotA, as stated earlier, you're generally dead if you make a mistake, and are set back significantly against your opponent. In LoL, if you make a mistake, you're set back but still able to come back unless you continue to make mistakes. Same thing in Dark Souls. You make mistakes, but you can come back from them, and the game encourages methodical behavior anyway. Unlike in a moba, where you have to be very reactive and quick.

This allows for people to do more risky things. Why would you dive someone in DotA unless you're certain you'll win? The drawback for failure is so significant. Meanwhile, in LoL, you can take that risk. Sure, there's a drawback if you fail. But you can go for it. LoL allows you to frequently make these clutch plays that keep viewers on the edge of their seats. Meanwhile in DotA, if a fight happens, you're pretty sure right from the start who will win.

I'm not saying DotA is a horrible game. I just think LoL is the superior. Unforgiving =/= competitive.

I used to play DotA on WC3. I have a vague idea as to what I'm talking about.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
Are these actual, boxed games or serial keys? 'Cause if there's a serial key and I could get Dota2 from somewhere else, I'd love a serial!
"Life is offensive, people; it's brutal, stupid, annoying, dirty, and at the end, ******* pointless. Seriously, folks, you need to get a grip, alright? Relax yourself!" - Foamy

I have some spare keys too! Add me on steam: Meowah. =)
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
(12-13-2012, 07:08 AM)Kira13 Wrote: Are these actual, boxed games or serial keys? 'Cause if there's a serial key and I could get Dota2 from somewhere else, I'd love a serial!

QUICK PM ME YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT I'LL GIVE YOU THIS.
PM
NO, HE'S MINE! I SAW HIM FIRST!
Spoiler:
PM
(12-13-2012, 07:26 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: NO, HE'S MINE! I SAW HIM FIRST!

GO AWAY. MINE.
PM
I'LL KILL YOU IF I HAVE TO!
Spoiler:
PM