The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dre's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm 20 years old, and gaming is and has been my primary hobby for quite some time. I started out playing DnD 3rd Edition when I was around ten years old, which massed to interest in various MMOs, including Ultima Online and Everquest. Eventually, I shirked Origins servers on UO and moved to a private roleplaying shard called Paradyce Legends. With awe I soared through this amazing realm of unbridled writing passion and storylines the like of which I have still not seen duplicated, making the original servers from Origin seem boring in comparison. From then, I was hooked, and it's been my honor roleplaying on several private servers since. I still play DnD, magic the gathering, whitewolf games, and spend an immeasurable amount of time reading fantasy. Also, I spent several years playing forum/chat text based FFRPGs on Delphiforums, garnering my RP writing experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am primarily from Central Florida in the US. My heritage being mostly Irish, English is my primary language. I spent two and a half years with my wife (before she was my wife) hitchhiking the country from the west coast and back, sort of a traveling street minstrel thing, and those years only served to further my love of adventure and roleplay, and almost manifest it into reality.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
To be honest, I never played the old Warcraft strategy games, though I did indulge in Starcraft quite often, as well as the Diablo series and other works by Blizzard. I started playing WoW at reference from good friends who also express great interest in the genre. I played sporadically for a while on their accounts, eventually investing in my own so that I could start getting serious with character progression. But, as you all probably know, finding good roleplayers is nigh impossible on Blizzard's realms.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've read reviews and looked over your site in detail. One thing that drew me here in particular was this in itself. The introduction, I mean. I like that this step is here as a failsafe to make sure quality players are recruited to the server. I want to roleplay, not run around talking about how 'j00 got pwned.'

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like FFRP, full of plot and innovative story development. I also like my roleplay to be at least slightly guided, which I think may be a holdover from my days of playing Dungeons and Dragons. Sometimes its the little things that count. Those nights your character and a friend's are just tipping back some ale in the tavern, shooting the breeze, can be some of the best RP moments you'll experience. But then again, who doesn't like defeating the mastermind who's been orchestrating all the children disappearing from Stormreach?

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is such a difficult question for me, considering that I heavily subscribe to the tenet that 'variety is the spice of life.' If I absolutely had to choose I would say that the Night Elf Druid would have to be my favorite race and class combination, although I am unsure as of yet if that is what I will play. I like the Night Elves ancient relationship to the world of Azeroth, their sorrow and their joy and their determination to keep their forests pure, and stop encroaching evil is an admirable and romantic story.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would like to throw myself into the World of Warcraft, in the most literal sense you can imagine. I expect that my character will be able to live and breathe, having genuine relationships and experiences due to the efforts of myself and other roleplayers. Done right, this concept can be truly rewarding, and that's what I'd like.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I enjoy the necessity to begin as a down to earth character, starting a humble journey that could take them anywhere, including to those powerful aspirations that many share. Or, you can choose to be a no name. Or a craftsperson. Or whatever. The point is, we aren't all born kings.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

'Dreliak enters the human establishment with a sigh. His features, usually vibrant and alive, lithe and graceful and somber and gleeful as a wind through the boughs of the ancient trees of Shadowglen, are drawn. Pulling his cloak tightly about his shoulders, he moves towards the shadows of the tavern, hoping to remain unnoticed.
Settling into an unoccupied table in the corner, he broods. His superiors of the Cenarion Enclave had chosen for him a mission of dire importance. A mission that personally he thought he was ill qualified for. Still struggling with taking the form of a bear, he was! "What am I to do?" he thinks, anxiously drumming his fingers across the table, eyeing a server and silently willing her to approach and take his order....'

(The above is just a sample...let me know if it's inadequate or isn't exactly what you're looking for.)
I would say make your story longer and exiting.

Once you done that i will vouch, unless the story si really bull than i wont.
deslider Wrote:I would say make your story longer and exiting.

There is no such thing as vouches any more.

Also, Dre! I RPed with you the other day. :> I like you. Welcome to CotH!
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
deslider Wrote:I would say make your story longer and exiting.

It isn't so much of a story as it is a sample of basic writing ability, which is what I assumed was the basis for the 'Tell Me A Story' entry in the Intro.

And thanks, Moose! You as well! I remember your ':>' smileys.

I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot of fun here.