The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Druid of the Flame Items [Cosmetic]
So, I was poking around Google looking for info on Druids of the Flame. Eventually, I ran across an item: Fandral's Flamescythe.

Now, according to WoWPedia and WoWHead, when you enter combat with the Flamescythe, this happens:

Quote:If a Druid equips this weapon and transforms into Cat form, they will appear as a flaming cat (the same model that Staghelm transforms into during his boss fight).

Once the druid has activated the flaming cat graphics they can switch to another weapon, but they regain the flaming graphics for cat form until combat ends.

I tested out the .lo rp version of the scythe, and I couldn't get the transformation.

Is it bugged due to not really being the real item? Can it be fixed? Can the real Scythe item be requested by Druids of the Flame to make their application and playing a bit easier? Would Druids of the Flame need to be CMCed at all with this item?

(08-16-2013, 11:15 AM)Ural Wrote: So much approve.
I bet you do, Ural. I bet you do.

Thought edit: Could you transmog this staff into another and still keep the effect?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
So much approve.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
...Scratch that part about the Burning Seed out. That was added in Patch 5.2!
IIRC, what basically happened was that the items from the "addrp" list are NOT the actual items, as is easy to figure out, like you surmised. I believe this means that any and all scripts (ie - the transformation) attached to the original item are likewise NOT transferred. So you'd probably have to get your hands on the real thing to get that, unless Kretol wants to find a way to add a trinket with the staff's scripts on it?
Feedback

[Image: ad300x100.png]
Lendri made me do it! Her signature sucked me in!

Spoiler:
[Image: 3801bacbd658b72b4b2b54b893f5ce535d54636d...264c_1.jpg]
(08-16-2013, 03:19 PM)Memnoch Wrote: IIRC, what basically happened was that the items from the "addrp" list are NOT the actual items, as is easy to figure out, like you surmised. I believe this means that any and all scripts (ie - the transformation) attached to the original item are likewise NOT transferred. So you'd probably have to get your hands on the real thing to get that, unless Kretol wants to find a way to add a trinket with the staff's scripts on it?

There aren't many reasons to have something as crazy as a druid-of-the-flame-turning-you-into-a-burning-cat item publicly snatchable, I think this is a deal for "required equipment" when doing CMC requests, isn't it?

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
That's my intention. But I wonder if Druids of the Flame would even need to be CMCable, if you could just request this item.

I'm thinking Special Profile, if so.
(08-16-2013, 03:29 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: I'm thinking Special Profile, if so.

Good thinking.

Also, yeah @Maulbane, I agree, something would need to be done, CMC or special profile.
Feedback

[Image: ad300x100.png]
Lendri made me do it! Her signature sucked me in!

Spoiler:
[Image: 3801bacbd658b72b4b2b54b893f5ce535d54636d...264c_1.jpg]
[Image: 236511.jpg]

A big problem with just anyone rolling Druids of the flame is that they are a hostile faction to begin with. I think we ran into the same issue with Druids of the Fang. They're all sort of crazy.

That's not what Roux's sayin'. Just that giving the trinket would be easier and a way to work around having to give people a CMC, which is a difficult thing to do. However, it'd still have to be a special profile and the like.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Honestly I think it would be easier to just unlock the skin globally and then say your cat is indeed a fire cat during RPs.

...How many ways can we skin this cat?

(08-16-2013, 10:34 PM)Rensin Wrote: That's not what Roux's sayin'. Just that giving the trinket would be easier and a way to work around having to give people a CMC, which is a difficult thing to do. However, it'd still have to be a special profile and the like.

...I cannot believe you just called me Roux. :| c0rzilla, darnit!
(08-16-2013, 10:42 PM)c0rzilla Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 10:34 PM)Rensin Wrote: That's not what Roux's sayin'. Just that giving the trinket would be easier and a way to work around having to give people a CMC, which is a difficult thing to do. However, it'd still have to be a special profile and the like.

...I cannot believe you just called me Roux. :| c0rzilla, darnit!

Gersh dernit.

...I'm gonna start calling myself Alphawolf1986 again. FOR this reason.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morph Items Vrahn 6 1,664 09-29-2014, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  New cosmetic animation request FlyingSquirrel 0 854 07-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Forum gold/Purchasable Items Harmonic 18 4,699 01-28-2014, 08:07 AM