The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Durgenswarn
Man, it's gotta drag to be excited to let the players do something only to have them complain when it's announced. Honestly, can't people just have fun with it instead of nit-picking? We all know CoTH well enough to know that this sort of thing is rare, so honestly...

WHY try to curb other people's fun? Just go with it. If you think they are a Mary-Sue or wish to claim whatever about that kinda stuff, honestly you are over analyzing "Power levels". You can make -any- class humble, if you're a capable roleplayer. Hell, it's -easy- to do.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(02-27-2012, 12:10 PM)Rensin Wrote: Man, it's gotta drag to be excited to let the players do something only to have them complain when it's announced. Honestly, can't people just have fun with it instead of nit-picking? We all know CoTH well enough to know that this sort of thing is rare, so honestly...

WHY try to curb other people's fun? Just go with it. If you think they are a Mary-Sue or wish to claim whatever about that kinda stuff, honestly you are over analyzing "Power levels". You can make -any- class humble, if you're a capable roleplayer. Hell, it's -easy- to do.

It's a little unfair to assume that a players concerns are just flat out selfish complaints, Rensin.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
It's simply unfeasible for players to play dragons, only in part because they're so powerful. Allowing players to play dragons would kind of open up the door for other things too.

"I can play a dragon for my dragonsworn, so why can't I make a demon for my warlock, or a lich?"

If dragons become playable, then everything lesser than dragons becomes fair game.

The limited number of dragons, honestly, is realistic considering the number of GMs that we have. Maybe if we had twenty GMs we could have more than one dragon of each flight. Asking for more than one of each flight would be asking GMs to make multiple redundant characters just because one person wants to RP as a character that's special.

Rhonin is sue-ish enough as he is, so I just kind of ignore him by this point.

Ugh, this post was obsolete before I even finished writing it. Ah well.
This is pretty nifty. I hope people have fun with this. Lookin' forward to RP'ing with new characters!

But, ya know.

I gotta say.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Maybe I won't say it.

Nevermind. Forget it.

Spoiler:
Rune Masters are cooler.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
(02-27-2012, 12:24 PM)Krent Wrote: This is pretty nifty. I hope people have fun with this. Lookin' forward to RP'ing with new characters!

But, ya know.

I gotta say.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Maybe I won't say it.

Nevermind. Forget it.

Spoiler:
Rune Masters are cooler.

Spoiler:
Ah, but they're not mutually exclusiveOH MY GOD CHARACTER IDEA.

[Image: JackiechanBlackSS.png]

Quite pleased with this news. Look forward to seeing the sort of RP it produces!
(02-27-2012, 12:17 PM)Clovis Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 12:10 PM)Rensin Wrote: Man, it's gotta drag to be excited to let the players do something only to have them complain when it's announced. Honestly, can't people just have fun with it instead of nit-picking? We all know CoTH well enough to know that this sort of thing is rare, so honestly...

It's a little unfair to assume that a players concerns are just flat out selfish complaints, Rensin.

Didn't say they were selfish, but the fact that it's getting complaints is what I'm getting at. There's people that want to play this, I'm sure, so when people slam it like they are it's hard to see a reason why they are doing so. How does this affect anyone else other than those that wanna play this? Is it because you're worried how your character will handle it, or are you thinking what will happen if they get in a fight?

I don't understand the logic of saying that any complaint isn't selfish. Saying it's "Not a right fit" for CoTH is as unfair as anything else... this is a fantasy game where we have dead people that have Runeswords of amazing strength and warriors that can spin in circles with large weapons effectively, and, well... magic, period.

Trying to put sense on something like "dragons" is like saying someone saying Elephants are over powered because there is no way we could wrestle one.

Now, if you have a guy who hunts for a living, he could probably tackle one. People are trying to put either a number value on dragons, or a standard strength that does just not exist. That's my major point.

Also, I really, really hate posting anything contrary to what most people say here because I get labled now as being just unfair and ultimately get dismissed. Now that's unfair.

Edit: By tackle, I don't mean like in football. I mean use his gun to shoot it since he's a hunter.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think I'm beginning to regret this already. ._.
Y U NO ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS, PEOPLEZ
Well regardless, any questions I had while reading through it have been answered through the course of the thread... For however much it means, I approve, even though I can't really see myself making a Dragonsworn. Don't have any characters that fit the bill!

Quote:I think I'm beginning to regret this already. ._.

You really shouldn't, there's obviously going to be some questions, and a lot of concern and criticism at the beginning, but that's how it always is with anything, especially new classes/variants/anything-that-has-to-do-with-prestiges. Just last night I was watching that Foo Fighters documentary, and in their first like... Year, they had rotated through like five different band members. Things get off to a shaky start, and you might have second thoughts, but just because something isn't going perfectly on the first stretch doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

At least, that's how I feel...
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Kira, that's kinda rude, but to answer never the less.

1. - immortality is dependent upon the dragon and their flight. Say you create a bronze sworn Tauren, perhaps they'd be blessed with immortality after a good life of service. However, I don't think many can give this gift beside the bronze.

2. - no multiclassing. Dragonsworn is a profession, and thus doesn't count as a class.

Posted from the phone.
Eh, I think the idea is great. By having the PCs serve a GM played dragon NPC, it gives your Dragonsworn a sense of direction as to what he's doing and trying to accomplish. As for stuff like "not riding dragons", do realize the only times this ever happened in the game or lore was when HUGE MAJOR THREATS were at the pinnacle; ie the Lich King War. The little things we do that constitutes as "server" lore holds no candle to those sorts of things (ie the Hearthglen missions).

Also Rhonin is a putz. I don't dislike him for this (personally given how Canon-Sue any lore figure is in WoW, it seems silly), but yeah. Still a putz!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
What Krent sai-

I mean, I'd rather the Dragon be a background character. RP-ing a Dragon was never, ever in question for the Players as far as In-game time is concerned. But rather, as an IC Post/plot device. Sort of like "/Questiver NPC says: Go to X and do Y for me!", but they never actually do things themselves, unless it's all a part of the plotline.

Hence why I see them played by any one person to be unnecessary. Like, when in some military storyline, you have a random higher-ranking military NPC that you invented send the actual Player Characters off on an adventure. Pretty much like that. Same regard you'd give a rabbit on the road that you happen to serve. Or Fel-sworn's demonic masters. In fact, -exactly- like Fel-sworn's demonic masters/teachers, in some cases. Just as we're allowed to imagine diverse masters which our Fel-sworn could be sworn to, I simply propose that we imagine diverse Dragons for our Dragonsworn to be sworn to.

Just as you don't see Fel-sworn going around and yelling "I AM FEl-SWORN! HEAR ME RAWR! BEHOLD MY DEMONIC MASTER!", the same would happen to Dragonsworn. They'd simply keep a lid on it, and the Dragon wouldn't be in the picture 'cept for being a motif. A plot device. An NPC. A secondary character. You name it whatever you like. Sure, it's an essential piece to the whole thingamajig. But it's just a piece.

I think people simply don't trust players to conceive a proper Draconic master. Hence why I suggested that an additional profile for it could be included in the Character Profile in the Private Forums. I'm pretty sure people can simply talk and straighten things out, discussing what they dislike, what they like and what they feel should be changed as regards their creations, no? I've always seen a "So... let's see how we could make this work"-type of attitude as far as profiles go.

Also, the pre-made Dragons can be Questgivers even if you're not a Dragonsworn to them precisely, no?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Oh. Well sorry if it seemed rude, I didn't want it to. T_T
-The dragon is essentially a NPC. You don't need to mold yourself to fit its personality perfectly. There's room for leverage. So long as you're respectful to the dragon, and follow the basic ideals of the flight, there shouldn't be a big problem.

-Dragonsworn are not 'stuck only roleplaying with other Dragonsworn'. I'll pull up a quote.
Quote:A devotee of the Aspects might join a group of adventurers to better serve her flight, perhaps to find a magic object or just learn more about the world. In such a situation, knowledge is the greatest weapon; she may learn secrets and magic unknown to the rest of the world.
You're not bound to sitting around in your dragon's lair. Heck, you'd be expected to go out and involve yourself in current events. It's just that you ultimately would serve the interests of a flight. I'm sure the dragons would love to be told something new and interesting about the world, or the way things are going. You are their eyes and ears in normal society.

-On the note of overt Dragonsworn, it's something I considered, and I'm personally teetering on the edge. On one hand, yeah, it'd be nice to be an overt Dragonsworn. On the other hand, people knowing you serve a dragon would lead to a lot of issues. People would be more concerned about giving the Dragonsworn information. Some people are afraid of dragons (and after the orcs used them, they've every right to be), and would believe someone serving the draconic are traitors. Heck, the common man probably doesn't know the difference between a red and a black dragon. One might get a lynching mob or something. While there are overt Dragonsworn in-game, I am mostly going by information I find on wowpedia and wowwiki to decide what our Dragonsworn are like.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Dragonsworn

-As stated, they are not characters for only one GM to roleplay. I, despite being the one who wrote up the Black Dragon, will not be the only one who ever roleplays him. They're just NPCs that we've established personalities and backgrounds for. Yes, they're relatively 'generic'. Now while this isn't set in stone yet, I would consider making it so that people could just make up their own drake NPCs if they really need to use one for something. Have a drake come with orders from the dragon that would fit him/her.

-There are ways for the dragon/sworn to manipulate things so that it's open for all players. Dulthaan could perhaps make a mercenary contract for a mission, never revealing that he's a dragon, his sworn working alongside hired blades. An example of this in practice would have been Rigley's dungeoneering events, as they were actually missions given by the Blue Dragonflight to retrieve artifacts (through Dragonsworn). I think.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
You guys have already thought of it most likely, but just in case you haven't, perhaps in the GM forum you should have a section devoted to your 'playable' Dragons. Within the subforum for these dragons would be a thread for each individual one, a GM posting whatever their last interaction was on that particular dragon. That way there's no confusion about who they've seen, what they've talked about, or where they've been.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~