The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dwarven magi?
Hello!

To make a long story short, I was wondering if it would be possibly to play a dwarven mage.

Lorewise, they exist, though I'm not sure of their numbers. Nor am I aware of the technical feasability and, unless I overlooked something in the wiki, there's nothing mentioned about creating 'new' race/class combo's like these.

Thank you kindly.
I am pretty sure here on the forums there is a post about custom classes and how the GM's don't want to go near them...or something like that...
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
This might not useful information, but I'm pretty sure dwarven mages were actually going to be a playable class for a while. I'm not sure why they were removed. *shrug*
Refer her, similar topic. Gnome Priests.
This is something that we just can't do. If it's not on the list of races or classes you can chose on the making of your character, we really can't do it.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Gnomad Wrote:I am pretty sure here on the forums there is a post about custom classes and how the GM's don't want to go near them...or something like that...

It's not really a custom class though. Just an already existing class for an already existing race already existing lorewise. I'll try to find that post. Still hoping for a positive answer though.

Rakkezai Wrote:This might not useful information, but I'm pretty sure dwarven mages were actually going to be a playable class for a while. I'm not sure why they were removed. *shrug*

Yup. Removed because Blizzard wants classes to be distributed equally. Bah. I was looking forward to it quite a lot. (The WoW box even has a dwarven mage on it, if I'm not mistaken!) I've been trying to enable it on a private server myself, but I fear I'm rubbish at it.

Also, I hadn't expected such quick replies. Still working on the character sheet!
Rensin Wrote:Refer her, similar topic. Gnome Priests.
This is something that we just can't do. If it's not on the list of races or classes you can chose on the making of your character, we really can't do it.

Awh, bugger!

*scraps the character sheet and wanders off to cry in a corner*
Fun fact. I used to be a beta tester for WoW back in Phase 2 of the beta test. Low and behold, Dwarf Mages WERE playable. Blizzard decided to scrap the class for balance purposes, though they never really stated why.....

Interesting thing, though. The players of the beta test that had rolled dwarf mages were still able to keep those characters, even in the release of retail. I wonder if any of them are still out there and playing the game.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Krent Wrote:Blizzard decided to scrap the class for balance purposes, though they never really stated why.....

The awesomeness of mages combined with the awesomeness of dwarves could probably be considered 'overpowered'. *nods*
I hate being the devil's advocate, but I'm only doing so to add another reason why it shouldn't be done- a physical one.

It CAN be done by deleting and adding certain lines to a certain file on the emulator (not easily, though) and you can have things like troll druids (the talent tree is said to not work right in some cases).

HOWEVER, much like flying mounts in Azeroth, and most likely with worse results, server stability will be greatly jeopardized as it's one of those "wasn't meant to be" things.
˜★Sketch Blog