The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Easy, less "special" CMCs
Thread has been updated; please read here.

Below is the original, outdated OP from April.
Spoiler:
I've mentioned this here and there before, but one of the things I think would be nice is to have CMCs that would give some aesthetic variety to characters available for users.

There's some really neat looks out there, like a Forsaken apothecary with a backpack of scienceness on it, human pirate models, pre-Cata goblin models, alternate elf models, Dark Iron and Wildhammer skins for the dwarves, cool body paints for tauren, skin types for trolls, etc. Not to mention, it would provide an alternative to the especially domestic-looking worgen model.

I know this would mean the development of a new process on the forums, and I understand that there are limitations to what models can even be used for CMCs in general. But if a list of readily-available models that wouldn't likely violate the character profile rules were compiled, there wouldn't be a ton of room for abuse. Also, as a server with RP being our main priority, we don't have to worry about things like recognizable silhouettes, being mistaken for an NPC and other issues that make alternate models less reasonable in gameplay-oriented environments.
Its not necessary, but would be a nice way to utilize the potential resources sitting around in the client files to make one's vision for their character more readily apparent.
The main complication here is only Kretol can make CMCs of any kind, and he's a busy guy. That said, if there was a work around this, I'd love to see it happen.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Agreed. Daichi isn't the normal orc model. If I could find a way to change it into something that would make more sense, I totally would. If there isn't a work around, no harm done, but if there is, It really would be awesome to see.
Any sort of model edit would require the same amount of work as 'more special' CMCs would, which from what I understand is a very tedious and long process, which is why they're as rare as they are now. Kretol can likely shed some light on it when he sees this.
Don't CMCs require their own Accounts also? I think it would be unfair for Kretol also, seeing it took him a month for him to CMC my goblin. It is probably a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong process, and Kretol has a life outside of CotH as well, we all do. I just think it is good to apply in the CMC forum and wait. Patience is requried! :D
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

The permanent model change in and of itself isn't that difficult. There's a command for it that I also possess. It's just that the limitations that we put on CMCs often make the process longer and more difficult, since Kretol is making the character, doing the gold quest and then removing said gold after getting training, etc.

Really, it's just the tedium of needing an admin available to do the change, which is why we don't do it. Similar reasons that we don't freely give out titles, since if we did, we'd keep getting pestered about them with every new character and it'd become a serious irritant.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Perhaps a system could be put in place that GMs could execute via (supposedly) a component on the forums only they would have access to.

Or use a similar process to profile characters with opposite gender models.... /hidesDoranandclearlyhasnomotivation
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
(04-20-2013, 10:58 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: Perhaps a system could be put in place that GMs could execute via (supposedly) a component on the forums only they would have access to.

Or use a similar process to profile characters with opposite gender models.... /hidesDoranandclearlyhasnomotivation

If we wanted to reach that point, we could just give GMs the command in-game. It's not like we lack the ability to customize the command list of the GM ranks.

That said, I hate to break it to you, but opposite gender models are a no. Kretol's word was final on that one. Tongue
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(04-20-2013, 11:02 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: That said, I hate to break it to you, but opposite gender models are a no. Kretol's word was final on that one. Tongue

I'm just curious about this, but, what if, hypothetically, someone were to play a legitimately transgendered character that makes an active attempt to convincingly pass as their gender identity?
(04-20-2013, 11:02 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: That said, I hate to break it to you, but opposite gender models are a no. Kretol's word was final on that one. Tongue

Spoiler:
[Image: 3u0r0h.jpg]

And If they are legitimately transgender, I don't see why they wouldn't just choose the sex that the character more associates him/herself with.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[Image: spongebob_cry_gif_by_smileyface102-d48x12o.gif]

I honestly don't see how it hurts anyone, but if the Kretol says so....
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
This is a thread about CMCs, guys, don't start getting hung up on transgendered characters and the like. Try to stay on topic.
(04-21-2013, 07:27 AM)Mezrin Wrote: This is a thread about CMCs, guys, don't start getting hung up on transgendered characters and the like. Try to stay on topic.

They were talking about it in the context of CMC's, though.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-21-2013, 07:41 AM)Rensin Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 07:27 AM)Mezrin Wrote: This is a thread about CMCs, guys, don't start getting hung up on transgendered characters and the like. Try to stay on topic.

They were talking about it in the context of CMC's, though.

Was just nipping the argument in the bud, Rensin.
It's technically related since it would utilize such a system, I'm certain.

That aside.

Minor CMCs could take a load off admins with more sparse ones left to admins. Or leave admin approval to any minor CMC a GM thinks is good.
I am tech support

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special profiles for half breeds. mangaboy111 3 1,228 09-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Human special dance. cartoonkarl 21 6,105 09-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  ze Special Weapons Vendor Ebenezer 20 3,455 09-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Last Post: solitary
  Special Weapon Vendor. requiem225 7 1,804 06-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Aadora
  New Bow Model in Special Weapons Vendor Rowgen 3 1,060 11-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Rowgen