The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Easy, less "special" CMCs
(04-21-2013, 12:50 AM)Scout Wrote: I'm just curious about this, but, what if, hypothetically, someone were to play a legitimately transgendered character that makes an active attempt to convincingly pass as their gender identity?

I think if such a character were to be attempted, then it would be best to bring the subject up in the private discussion board so the idea could be discussed individually.

As I recall, the main reason for the ruling is that we wanted to put a stop to characters that were just overly girly males that used the opposite model just because they supposedly looked too feminine. (Interestingly, I've seen at least four or five examples of this, but not a single example of someone wanting to use a male model to represent a female character. This has lead to the potential belief that such characters are being fetishized, primarily. Please, don't jump on this and take offense, it's merely how it appears and I'm not targeting any one person.)

If someone wanted to legitly make a transgendered, transsexual, and/or intersexed character (or whatever else) then I'm not saying that's impossible. Though, it'd probably be a good idea to start a discussion first just so everyone is on the same page and we know what's going on with that before a profile is just suddenly posted on the forums and gets five pages of arguments.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I just personally like choosing models that better represent my character. Oh well. Rules be rules or something like that.

I still like Dae's proposition, though if such a thing were put in place I would be extremely frustrated if I couldn't utilize it in such a way.

Sorry if I derailed anything, Dae QQ

Edit: I would like to express that saying no to it because of seeming like it's a fetish thing is an unfair prejudice.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
With both sexes being incredibly dimorphic and exaggerated I just don't see either model as representing of a character that doesn't fit the mold.
(04-21-2013, 05:03 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: Edit: I would like to express that saying no to it because of seeming like it's a fetish thing is an unfair prejudice.

That's not why we're saying "no" to it, I apologize if it came off that way. We're saying no to it because we find it unrealistic and unnecessarily confusing. Female models are not representative of such characters either: they have breasts.

Edit: Let me explain this a bit more in order to better make the connection and why I made the 'fetishized' comment. It's not that we're rejecting or judging a fetish. However, there is a difference between saying "I want this character to use this model because he/she is legitimately transgendered and is identifying as the other gender" and "I want this character to use this model because I think it's hot and it fits my aesthetic preferences."
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I'll make a thread in PD later or in GM Request later when I have time to build arguments and whatnot so I don't derail this further.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
(04-21-2013, 05:03 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: I just personally like choosing models that better represent my character. Oh well. Rules be rules or something like that.

I still like Dae's proposition, though if such a thing were put in place I would be extremely frustrated if I couldn't utilize it in such a way.

Sorry if I derailed anything, Dae QQ

Edit: I would like to express that saying no to it because of seeming like it's a fetish thing is an unfair prejudice.

Well, I know there are old high and blood elf models in the data files; though based on night elves, when scaled down to Doran's height, the body would still be more lithe than the typical belf look. :)

And conversely, the female old belf and helf models are more buff than the current player models for the blood elves.

Or maybe you could try for a scaled up belf male child model, though that might be pushing the child model policy.
(04-20-2013, 11:02 PM)Grakor456 Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 10:58 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: Perhaps a system could be put in place that GMs could execute via (supposedly) a component on the forums only they would have access to.

Or use a similar process to profile characters with opposite gender models.... /hidesDoranandclearlyhasnomotivation

If we wanted to reach that point, we could just give GMs the command in-game. It's not like we lack the ability to customize the command list of the GM ranks.

It just now occurred to me that, due to the transformation aspect of worgen, it would likely mess with a CMC for someone to take a human form.
Would a possible alternative to this be to make a worgen-only item that turned players into a worgen model?
I believe the spell effect exists as an NPC ability, which I believe still uses the old model: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53174/infec...sed-by-npc
(from what I understand, yall can only make transforming items if the spell effect already exists in-game, right?)

Would this be relevant to this thread, or is this different and needs a new thread?

And for that matter, what kind of limitations do you have to deal with when it comes to model change commands in general? Anything I should keep in mind, should I compile a list?

(04-21-2013, 03:27 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: (Interestingly, I've seen at least four or five examples of this, but not a single example of someone wanting to use a male model to represent a female character. This has lead to the potential belief that such characters are being fetishized, primarily.

And for the record, I'd totally prefer to use the male model for my female worgen if I had to choose between the two. Wolves are pretty darn androgynous anyway, and have fur to cover their nipples, so I don't see any general issue.
Updated Thread Information

When Cata first came to CotH, things were very busy, and it was kinda implied that the decision-makers around here weren't too interested in changing things up until the dust settled from this huge IC and OoC change. Considering everything on Grakor/Kretol/GM's collective plates, I obliged to their hints out of respect and shelved this idea for a time. With things having wound down, I've decided to again pursue this idea, having further organzied my thoughts.

There are many things I would like to discuss in this thread, but first and foremost, I would like to push for my original idea: A list of not normally available textures and models to apply to already playable race characters through a more simple process than the current CMC process. Looking through various game files, I've come up with a list of models for each race that could be used without significant issue. I've tried to make sure that all models listed are used somewhere (as models have to be used in the real game in order to be accessed as a CMC) though some might have slipped through my search, so I'd appreciate any critiques. Same goes for gender-specific models. Though I tried to note when a model would need to be scaled to fit the according race, (marked with a **) I again might have missed some.
Models that would only suit DKs of a race are marked with *; human DK models are to be assumed to borrow from the Forsaken model list.

Spoiler:
Forsaken
=Coldwraith
=Mad Scientist model
=Female Frost Vrykul hunter (dark ranger look)**
=Zombie models
=Zombie vrykul models (Scaled to proper size)**
=Human DK models
=Skeleton Knight **
=Skeleton Mage **
=Necromancer models

Dwarf
=Alpha dwarf model (only male)
=Wildhammer skins
=Dark iron skins

Gnome
=Alpha gnome model (only male)

Goblin
=Alpha goblin model (male only)
=Pre-cata goblin models

Night Elves
=pre-TBC elf highborn/night elf models (Possibly still available via the Shadowsworn enforcers??)
Warden models (for Warden special profile characters)

Humans
=Alpha human models This link shows most of the alpha models; many are used in-game in various places)
=Necromancer models (male only)
=Human models with face tattoos
=Various Vrykul models**

Worgen (how does trueform affect cmcs??)
=Vanilla worgen models
=Northrend worgen models

Troll
=Undead Ice troll*,**(male only)
=Undead Trolls
=Vanilla enemy troll models (not dire trolls!)(male only)

Tauren
=Grimtotem painted skin variants

Orc
=Untainted brown skin

Less urgent in my pursuit of more CMCs are race variants that have good, strong lore behind them. I still think these should require a special profile, as the lore for these races is a bit more obscure, but again should be more accessable than a more significant CMC, as they trend as equal to or lesser than playable races in terms of power and in-world specialness.

Concerning this list, there are two entries here that I'd hesitate to put on here. The first being the Pandaren. Has CotH's perspective on pandaren changed in light of MoP? Also, I would like to include Banshees and other fully consious and sentient etherial spirits, as they are known to work among the Forsaken, but the details of what would qualify, their abilities and the likes would likely need to get a uniform CotH-Canon decision from the GMs.

Spoiler:
=Wretched
=Broken
=Arakkoa
=Ogre
=Furbolg
=Tanuka
=Tuskar

Third, I would like to address the possiblity of CMC hunter pets. I'm honestly not sure if this would be possible, due to some game mechanic issue I'm not familiar with, but I would still enjoy it. With the potential for abuse I could see in the nature of CMC hunter pets, I'd play this more on a case-by-case basis, there are some pet ideas I'd nominate as decent CMC candidates. In particular, making most mounts available to hunters as pets opens up possibilities for some great partners the Forsaken in particular would then also have access to various undead critters they should be able to have as partners, as there are tons of undead mounts, many more than there are accessable undead hunter pets. Also, the plague-dog would make an outstanding Forsaken pet, as I have often noted. :)

Fourth on my agenda is, should more easily obtainable CMCs become possible, if CotH users should be able to use the models of lore characters for the sake of their oft-unique appearances and outfits. I don't really feel a ton of passion on this matter, honestly, though if this is an idea people would be comfortable with, here's a list of some lore models that suit existing races:
Spoiler:
=Living Arthras
=Azshara
=Illidan('s past, slightly fel-mutated Demon Hunter form?)
=Jaina
=Kalegos
=Medivh
=Rexxar
=Tyrande

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special profiles for half breeds. mangaboy111 3 1,228 09-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Human special dance. cartoonkarl 21 6,105 09-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  ze Special Weapons Vendor Ebenezer 20 3,455 09-12-2012, 02:51 AM