The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Effancy's Introduction.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been roleplaying off and on for around eight years now and I've definitely acquired some experience while doing so. I'm not an expert in the lore category of Warcraft, but I know enough to get around. I look forward to roleplaying with everyone.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

The United States, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I remember picking up the Warcraft 3 battlechest, and getting home to install it on the family computer. That game took too much of my time and I fell into SoTDRP, WC3 D&D, etc. Now I avidly play Dungeons and Dragons (albeit at a somewhat amateur level) and World of Warcraft Retail. I'm just looking for real roleplay, instead of the shit you get over at Moonguard on Retail.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Pretty much just Google searched WoW RP Private Servers and you showed up. Kudos for being the #1. Also, the maturity of the server and how you carry yourselves definitely entices me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Passive roleplay. Call me a boring cat, but I enjoy when there isn't a big bad guy fighting the underdog hero that also lost his parents in a fire and the whole cliche, boring, and over-used drab that people don. I prefer roleplay where I can say that my character came from a circus and now just wants to live a normal life.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I genuinely do not have a favorite race, or class. I prefer the niche classes that aren't actually selectable. The Mage who picked up a book on shadowplay and learned some illusion magicks.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A good roleplay setting with an active community that is respectful, mature, and humble. I look forward to it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The keyboard rule. Too many'a'times have I gone through the struggle of downloading and downpatching and blah...blah...blah... just to get in game and see people typing like illiterate third graders.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No thank you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Talide planted his foot firmly on the ground, shaking his head, "No. I wont let you."
The young blossoming women that quivered in front of him gained a surge of confidence, straightening her posture and raising a finger in the air to Talide's face.
"I will, you're not my father! You can't tell me what to do no longer, I'm a woman the age of marriage now!" The stout man chuckled briefly, paused, and then took a step back.
"You wish freedoms, then? You wish to go? Go and don't come back. Why do you have no wed if you say you are the age of marriage? What do you wish?"
She took the finger that once stood in the face of her owner and wiped her eyes.
"I wish a bed and warmth. I thank you, ever so gratefully for supplying me with such things." The young woman chanted as if it was her pledge, with her hair bunned and pulled around to the back of her head; picked up the base of her gown and scuttled off, down one of the small hallways in the room.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Again, I've stated this before, I look forward to roleplaying with everyone.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Effancy has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Effancy, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:I genuinely do not have a favorite race, or class. I prefer the niche classes that aren't actually selectable. The Mage who picked up a book on shadowplay and learned some illusion magicks.

Other than the example you've given, what are some of those niche classes that you prefer? We allow for specialization on the server - it's seen frequently in what we called the 'prestige classes'. So maybe you'll be able to select those niche classes.

Quote:I prefer roleplay where I can say that my character came from a circus and now just wants to live a normal life.

I really like how you put this, and the preference itself, because personally I've found abnormal trying to be normal more interesting than a character attempting to be abnormal. Plus, here on the server we encourage characters that deviate from the norm. In this kind of setting pretty much everyone is abnormal in one way or another - it's just the narrative of what they're doing with those abnormalities that makes or breaks the allure of the character.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]