The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Effects of potions.
Health potions.

Health potions speed the process at which such things as flesh and skin heal, it also makes the body more efficiently (for a very limited time) in processing and gaining more energy (basically the digesting and delivery systems will speed up as well). Bone-damage, poison and diseases will not be affected by the health potions and it might even slow down healing/recovery from such damage. Imagine what would happen if the flesh and tissue around a broken bone suddenly healed? Not the most healthy of situations.

Mana potions.

Energy drinks, consuming a mana potion will give a quick energy boost, a spellcaster will find his mana pool replenished and be able to continue his spellcasting long after that he normally would have had to stop. Be warned though, the risk to go over the body´s limits are very large and is a main reason most are very catious about using the drink (note that in blood elven society this fear is not as strong due to their innate magical hunger, they also tend to simply drain the energy from the potion as they would form a mana wyrm or crystal). Even undead gain a boost from this drink, some theorize that it is the magical energy that keeps them "alive" that assimilates the energy from the potion. The undead does not run the risk of exhaust their body.

Anti-poison/venom/disease (those potions that´s described to cure poisons, diseases etc)

These potions you better be careful with, especially if you do not know exactly what it is that ails you, ingredients are a must know to be sure of what you do. Most of the anti-poison/venom/disease potions you find in the world are made to work not against a specific poison/venom/disease but a larger spectrum of these that can be encountered in a certain area. This means that while they most likely will work great against such things as venom from a common spider, snake or other animal and some might work good against the more commonly found poisons and similar things it will be near useless and even pose a danger to use it if you´re infected/affected by a more specialized or rare poison/venom/disease.

Another thing to note is that the Undead Plague is un-curable, paladins are said to be immune but others run a great risk of being infected, especially in the Plaguelands where plague cauldrons still spew out the disease.

Any and all thoughts on this are more than welcome!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

As healing potions would speed up the metabolism and use up the nutrients available to them, they probably would work best after a good meal or, more likely, the imbiber would need a good meal and rest afterward or risk some serious fatigue. I usually treat this and troll healing the same way in that aspect. Remember, matter begets matter (basically, except in possibly some magical cases, you can't just pull matter out of thin air, it has to come from somewhere), and to heal the body needs to pull resources from somewhere.

Nostra did a great job of explaining the side effects of mana potions, too.

So the point I'm trying to make (I won't speak for Nostra) is that popping several potions in-character and suddenly feeling much better with no side effects isn't terribly realistic. One minor potion probably wouldn't adversely affect the character much at all, unless they're sensitive to the ingredients (like some people are sensitive to caffeine).

Oh, uh, moved to Articles and Guides. Useful stuff!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Would it be possible to create/use a potion in-game that regrows bones, causes you to shapeshift, or take the form of another? Just a tad curious, and trying to create a good character to play as once the server is back up.
Only if there is an actual in-game item that does.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I remember a few quests that do that this type of thing... If I do find them again, would I be allowed to use them? :]

Edit: Hehe... Mikain answered my question. X] Didn't really realize it. Thank you. ^_^
Noggenfogger elixir morphs you into bones...but it's pretty useless. Anthenol's disciplinary rod is also an item that morphs you....but again, slightly useless in my opinion. That is unless you wanted to be a pig Druid.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
There's that horn that turns you into a furbolg, although I doubt RPing as a furbolg would have many advantages... Oh well... Thank you for the answers. :]
ElvenMistress Wrote:There's that horn that turns you into a furbolg, although I doubt RPing as a furbolg would have many advantages... Oh well... Thank you for the answers. :]

Don't give up so easy! There are plenty of applications! The Gordok Ogre Suit makes you look like an Ogre (which could be pretty cool for RP if the GMs could turn up the duration, as it is currently only 10 minutes), and there are several effects (one of them is an item, an apple I believe from the Nathanos Blightcaller quests) that make you a Scarlet Crusader (which in turn has benefits of its own, such as being allied to SC npcs).

Anyone else think of anything?
It's not a question of what's probable, but merely what is possible.
During a quest you get in Auberdine, Darkshore, you get an item that dresses you up as a Furbolg. Not sure if it's got limitless duration, or just many or limitless charges.

There's also an orb that you can purchase while infiltrating a secret brotherhood in Nagrand, that turns you into a Dragon Whelp. The Dragon-Thing is more a novelty than an RP-Item though - It lasts for 10min or so, but only has 3 charges, meaning you have to redo a part of the quest each time you need a new one. Besides, RP'ing as a Dragon Whelp never had the same appeal as, say, a Dwarf.

Neither of these has anything to do with Potions though, and is as such a bit of a sidetrack.
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
Regarding items that turn you into other races: Please read the "Creating a Character" section of the CotH wiki, specifically races that are not currently (in a don't-hold-your-breath way) allowed.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Qaza Wrote:Regarding items that turn you into other races: Please read the "Creating a Character" section of the CotH wiki, specifically races that are not currently (in a don't-hold-your-breath way) allowed.

Well of course I read that section, and I get that you couldn't be, for instance, a dragon or a Crusader (both of those are just kinda silly, who wants to run around the plaguelands killing everyone in sight?) But an Ogre could be a really cool opportunity. After all, the Stonemaul are part of the Horde. Now I'm not making a request or trying to argue any of the race options, I was just pointing something out, I don't expect Ogres to ever be playable, though it would be cool. =)
It's not a question of what's probable, but merely what is possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Encumbrance Effects And You! NeighborOfTheBeast 13 3,151 12-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Kage