The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Eirianedryd's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm a pretty big lore nut and Role Player. I very much enjoy Role Playing in many settings, but sometimes I feel purely text based role playing gets tedious - having to describe all of the setting AND what your character is doing is hard. I'm a Role Player, not a novelist!

Additionally, I also enjoy taking time to just enjoy non-RP aspects of games. I always enjoyed doing quests on World of Warcraft and often times just like exploring, seeing those new places out of normal reach that I could potentially RP in!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States of America, with English as my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into the whole 'verse from my dad. Back in the day I used to watch him play Warcraft II, then III. And now I occasionally do that. I didn't really get into WoW itself until I was around 13 or 14 I think. I was introduced to it by my mother, who played it after she quit Ever Quest. After I eventually got over my complete noob phase, I fell in love with the game. I love the whole universe of Warcraft. Azeroth is a very cool place.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
It's kind of funny how I found you guys, actually. I haven't played retail WoW for a while because of subscription costs (yay economy!), and I was thinking "I'd very much like to play WoW again. I really miss it a lot". And then it hit me. Private servers are free to play! And since it requires subscription only to log into Blizzard servers, I figured I didn't require a subscription to play on a private server. So, I literally searched "RP private server wow" on bing and you guys were one of the first results.

I think the thing that drew me initially was the presentation of your site. It's very nice and professional looking. Then as I delved deeper, I just liked it more and more!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a lover and a fighter! My favorite role plays are either romantic relationships or combat. I enjoy lots of other role play as well, but those are my favorite.

As for groups and what not, I don't like role playing in groups of, say, 5 people. Anything beyond that and it takes way to long to get everyone moving along or people are accidentally RPing over each other. My definite comfort zone is an RP situation with 1 to 3 other people besides myself.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a toughy. I think if I had to get down to the core of it, my favorite race/class combo is the Human Paladin. The roots of my love of that combo come from the fact that my first not noob character (the first character that was past my awful "Chaoshunter") was a Human Paladin. I've always loved the Paladin as a class, though my favor was lost slightly when Cata hit and they completely changed Paladin healing (I was a wrath baby). There are so many abilities and stuff you have to know all at once on Cata+ healadins I just can't hack it. Even so, my love for the race/class combo goes beyond nostalgia. The very first Paladins to come into through in the 'verse were the Human Paladins. And of course, those amazing characters in lore who were Paladins - Uther Lightbringer, Arthas Menethil, Highlord Tirion Fordring, ect. Additionally, Humans just look good in pretty much all plate - so the race/class meshes well.

What are your expectations of this server?:
MY expectations of this server is to encounter a very RP friendly community that'll be open to RP and allow me to play my favorite MMO again.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I believe the Respect rule appeals to me the most. On retail WoW so many people have a complete lack of respect from one another. From Role Players refusing to follow anything negative happening to their character to PuGs being complete jerks. Having a rule set for this private serving saying people must be respectful is a positive thing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is actually a fanfiction -I- wrote for the 'verse. It's a story version of the very beginnings of my main character's history. The URL to where it's posted by me is here The Fallen Crusader

Chapter One: Innocence Lost

My parents tell me that I was a child born oddly. They tell me that I was born in a wagon that was moving down some obscure back road in Arathi, the Highlands, too. A detail my father loved to keep telling me when I was a child, was how I was born. I came out of my mother, all sleek and shiny, without a tear or a cry out in horror. My mother would tell me that I did not cry because she took all of the pain and fear from it... this of course made me feel guilty, which I believe was the intention; She always told me this when I refused to do my chores.

In the back of that wagon, held in my mother's arms, I was named Eirianedryd Danniel Pureheart. Strange surname, I can assume you're thinking. I was always told that my family was a long line of Paladins, each man keeping the name. And I, of course, kept the name proudly.

The name Pureheart was a well respected one in the small township my family and I lived in. My father was the Captain of the town guard, and my mother was the renown tailor . She made the finest gowns and pantsuits for the “rich” of our township, along with the homely garments for the common folk. I am a little ashamed to admit, I cannot even remember the name of my youth's home. Though, knowing how young I was when I left, and what followed when I did, I cannot blame myself.

I remember little from my childhood prior to my sixth year. That is the year my brother was given to me. Cynbel, was his name. He was my little brother, the one I protected from the girls with their icky cooties, as well as from the bullies. I loved my brother with all my heart, there were none closer in the village than him and I.

I remember one time, my brother and I were feeling particularly mischievous. We learned the mailman's route through the town, and decided to play a prank on him. We moved to a spot where there was a corner in the road, so he would not see us. He was one mailbox away, around the corner, when we lit a firecracker and stuffed it into the mailbox. By the time he opened it, the thing exploded! Paper went everywhere. I swear by the Light, his eyebrows were singed off. Of course, my brother and I ran like the wind after the mailman saw us, literally rolling in the grass from laughter.

My brother and I lived in “peace” in our little isolated town nestled in the hills of Arathi for nine years. We enjoyed it. We were ignorantly blissful, nary a care in the world. Well, aside from girls and chores. Then, in a matter of hours, it came crashing down around me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I tried to stifle a laugh as Cyn paced past my hiding spot once, twice and a third time. I knew he was either clueless, or was toying with me. I wagered on the second one. I blinked for a moment, and then WHOOSH! The wardrobe doors were swung open. Cyn was standing in front of me, grinning.

“I gotcha, Eirian!” His hand then smacked me in the forehead. “You're it!” He called before sprinting off.
“Blecgh. He always finds me,” I said idly to myself as I slowly climbed out of my hiding spot. “Where did he go, I wonder?”

Then, a blood curdling scream cut through the still evening air. I strained my ear as another scream filled the air. They were terrified squeals of women... and they had a word with them. A single word that made my heart drop. That word was “bandits”.

It took me a moment to actually realize what was going on. I quickly dashed from my house to look for my father. He was standing at the gates, barking orders at his men. I could hear him as I ran up to him. His deep, rich voice always makes me feel safe... but not now.

“You! Gather the men trained in bow to defend from the wall! HURRY!” My father barked at one man before turning to another. “Rally the barracks, we need our men geared and ready for a fight.”
“Father!” I called to him as I reached him. “What's going on? Are we being attacked by Bandits?”
My father's eyes had been stern, full of the adrenaline of leading men into an unavoidable battle. When they fell on me, they softened. They almost seemed to melt as his eyes almost instantly teared up. He knelt down and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Son,” he said, through the tear that now streaked down his face. “go to your mother. Take your brother, too. She'll tell you what to do.”

He brought in a deep intake of air through his nose before he pulled me into him, hugging me. I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his back as well, in a loving embrace.

“I love you, Dad.” I said, before the hug was broken and I took off to find my brother again.

I found Cyn quickly. He was running around, looking for me. I told him we needed to go to mother and he quickly agreed, and we set off. We ran as fast as we could to our house, where our mother met us there. The look on her face scared me... it was a look of pure fear.

“Eirian, Cyn! I'm so happy you're alive!” She gave us both a quick hug before continuing. “Come with me. We need to get you out of here.” She grabbed out hands and stiffly guided us through the city. I looked back as we were going, and saw flames. The town gate had been set aflame. Our mother lead us to a small tunnel in the side of the town's rear wall, the one made of stone to give extra protection to the town hall and chapel. She pulled us into it, and then out of the other side, onto the grass.

There was a door on the outside of the wall, which our mother was closing. As we lunged to stop her, she called out, “Keep your brother safe now, Eirian. Cynbel, listen to your brother.” and then the door was closed, and the click of a lock sounded.

“E-Eirian?” Cyn asked me, his voice quaking.

“Sh, Cyn. Let's go. We have to follow mom's final wishes. We have to escape, and I have to keep you safe.” I told him, my voice soft, trying to be comforting. I then took his hand and began to run. I ran fast enough to make good time, but slow enough for Cyn to keep pace with me.

It was a good thing our father taught us how to survive in the wild, or else we would have never made it. We moved through the hills during the day, gathering berries and roots we could as we moved, and stopped during the night. Every night, we were haunted by the vision of our home burning in the distance. Until finally, two things came to us. The miracle of the fire no longer being visible, a blessing to be sure. And the second... wolves.

“What was that?” Cyn shrieked sitting upright at once, waking me up.
“What was what?” I asked, sitting up slowly, rubbing my eyes. “Did you have another bad dream, Cyn?”
“No! It's not that. It's...” he stopped mid-sentence as a howl pierced the calm night air. The sound of it was very close to us. “Eirian, I think we're being hunted.”
“Wolves... shit. Cynbel, we have to go. We can't stay still for long with these wolves following us.” I whispered to him, as I stood up and began cleaning up the campsite. When the task was done, we dashed off into the night.

Three days and nights, we were followed by the wolves. We slept so little, we were so tired. That is when the wolves made their move. They moved in to us, forcing us to run. They chased us.
“Cyn! Run! You can do it!” I called to my younger brother, as I saw that he was slipping away in his gallop. I could see the wolves parting the high grass just behind him. Then, he fell. “CYN!” I cried.

I kept running. I do not know why now, nor did I know then why, but I did. I kept running. Running forward and away, as I imagined my brother being torn apart by ravenous wolves. “Oh, Light... what have I done?” I kept running. Running and running. I could not stop myself from running, so I kept at it. My mouth was so dry. I was so hot and thirsty, as the sun beat down on me violently. My legs carried me one, two, three steps forward, before I fell. I landed on something harder than grass and earth... it was a road.

I lay on the road for Light knows how long, drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness. I then heard the clunking of hooves on the road... the chink of chain mail rattling. Then, the indistinguishable “hmmph” of a horse. My head rose, and looked up. A tall figure of a man was atop a mighty chestnut colored steed. The sun was behind his back, and gave a surreal look to his crimson armor. His arm lowered itself and a hand was offered to me, accompanied by a voice.

“Come unto me, sweet child of the Light, and be reborn with the blood of the Crusade.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
None!
Hello, Eirianedryd, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I feel the same way about larger groups, and 1-3 is a very comfortable amount of people in a RP for me as well - It definitely allows for more focus on the individual than just the situation at hand and a mass of characters reacting to it.

I enjoyed the story - particularly in that it shows the terrors of living within the Human setting of WoW.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Thank you! The compliment on my story is very nice to see! For the RP, yeah. I always hated big, guild events because it always seemed like no one cared what your character was doing. You were either over looked or it was far to complicated for anyone to get involved with what your character was doing. An event in specific that my mind draws to was when I was in the WrA guild Lordaeron Temple Knights (I hope I spelled that correctly). About 15 or so members were going to confront a member of the LTK canon noble house that lived at their story arch's cleaned up Caer Darrow for murdering a noble from Alterac. When we arrived, we were ambushed by dark mages and ghouls. I think. People were getting hurt left and right and it was just too much going on for the three healers to do anything that a real person would do.
01:03:33 Maulbane strides into the introduction thread without so much as knocking, wearing a cowboy's outfit.
01:03:36 [Maulbane]: Howdy, pardner!
01:03:41 [Maulbane]: ... Your introduction was real nice!
01:03:45 Maulbane looks around sheepishly for a moment.
01:03:47 [Maulbane]: Uh, I've gotta get back to the ranch!
01:03:50 Maulbane Runs away like a total dork.