The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

'Evil' Faction Character Options (And Kor'kron)!
Hey, kid. Wanna be a bad guy? (Or a Kor’kron)

You do. Or did, at some point, or wanted one to be around, for your little goodie-two shoes hero to stomp all over. (Or maybe you didn’t, but go away it’s just a catchy intro) Not one of those low-life bandit characters, though, oh no; it’s the full deal here. Cash in on this special offer here, and you can go be a full-on Twilight cultist, or a Defias cutthroat, or a Cult of the Damned…er. Or somethin’ else! Think of another faction you wanna pal it up with? Can do, friend! Just sign here. We’ll talk about payment later…

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for loss of life/property/livelihood if you join any of these organizations, up to and including imprisonment by the Stormwind army and death by overzealous adventurer

What does this mean?

Basically, we’re opening up the previously unplayable hostile factions for players to be a part of. While I only mentioned the Twilight’s Hammer, the Cult, and the Defias, if you have another faction you’d like to try feel free to go for it. Each app is going to be viewed on a case-by-case basis; this includes the faction you want to get, and any special variant class or abilities you’d like. As most people likely know, there are some classes that are not generally available to players, like some of the special Twilight elementalist classes, or a druid of the flame, and those’ll be up for grabs as well with this new system.

This will be combinable with the new CMC system that just came out! You can grab a special model for your new villain, if it gets approved. Just add the application from the CMC announcement to your profile, simple as that. We will also be experimenting with in-game faction changes to allow these characters to RP in zones controlled by their faction, if one particular faction becomes populous. More on this in the future!

As a note, these characters are under the (slightly dubious) protection of their respective faction, just as a hero is protected by his allies/faction. In RPing, give your fellow players the benefit of this idea that their evil characters likely have a similar kind of protection that your heroes do. Character Warnings still apply!

There will be one official guild per faction ("Twilight's Hammer", "The Defias", etc), hosted by a GM. While you're not obligated to join it (feel free to infiltrate others!), these will be the only guilds allowed to actually be official for representing that faction, so we don't have Defias 1/2/3/Redefiased/Defias Rising/etc. We'll be creating skype chats for each faction so you can keep in touch with each other and make some plans, even when not in the same guild.

How do I apply for one?

The application is simple enough: It’s a special profile. List the faction you want to be a part of in the Associations and title of the post, any relevant CMC app information if applicable (as seen in the announcement that came along with this one), and any new class/class features you want. It’s going to be viewed and approved in the same way we deal with normal special profiles, with two important exceptions: these new characters are going to be more heavily scrutinized prior to approval, and posting a profile does not guarantee approval. In addition, if you are going for a higher ranked member of your faction, or one of their faction-specific creatures via CMC (a Twilight Ascendant, for example), you will need to submit a description of what you intend to do with that character; a storyline you have in mind, some events or trouble you plan to cause, something to clue us in. We’re not opposed to the concept of people playing them, but we don’t want them running around willy-nilly either.

If you're not sure of a concept or just want to bounce some ideas around before writing up a profile, feel free to make a Private Discussion thread and chat us up!

Keep in mind that, depending on your chosen faction and how they end up, your character's lifespan may have an expiration date! When the time comes for that, we can discuss some options for how it can go down.

What about the Kor'kron?

Not related to the evil faction characters, I swear, no matter what Garrosh is doing. Kor’kron are now also available for play as special profiles, should anyone be interested! You’ll be added to the official guild upon approval. Bear it with pride. Help keep these pesky new villains in line. Join the ranks of the Warchief’s elite today!
Kor'kron is totally not evil, guys. Trust us.

Also, on an unrelated note: Is the Burning Legion a part of that list of approved factions?
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
It most certainly is!
(05-22-2014, 08:25 AM)JVNemesis Wrote:
What about the Kor'kron?

Not related to the evil faction characters, I swear, no matter what Garrosh is doing. Kor’kron are now also available for play as special profiles, should anyone be interested! You’ll be added to the official guild upon approval. Bear it with pride. Help keep these pesky new villains in line. Join the ranks of the Warchief’s elite today!

Do those of us with existing Kor'kron characters also get invites?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Yes, but prepare for some flak, you filthy troll.
Pfft. Trolls. Thinking they're real Kor'kron.
I like this one too, quite some.

One question tho.. Are defias characters unable to enter Stormwind for example? Even if they don't scream defias or pose as one? Example being: My character is a human, he doesn't wear all red and the alike, he doesn't scream that he is defias and he just wears whatever a Stormwind citizen would wear. Can he walk around in Stormwind without problems prior to the discovery of his alignment?
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
What about Elizka, Mathias? Will you be so cruel as to lock a young girl out of her place of birth, forever?
Before my Defias story got to that point, Defias were free to walk around Stormwind locations as they pleased. For people like David (me!), no walking around Stormwind. His name is in the paper. Other Defias, however, would be free to infiltrate other guilds and walk around Stormwind.

As for you, Maulbane, David would probably tell Elizka to not go to Stormwind. Plus, with her personality, she would be recognized from a mile away.
Since this has an effect on the Kor'kron, does it have any effect on their opposing factions (I.E., SI:7)?
SI:7 was always joinable, as long as you were Special, of course.
Yes, the reason I specified Kor'kron is because we only recently talked about them again, on the topic of evil new character options, and hadn't made it public knowledge yet.
And how 'bout the Druids of the Flame?
Quote:like some of the special Twilight elementalist classes, or a druid of the flame, and those’ll be up for grabs as well with this new system.

yes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Custom Model Character Options! JVNemesis 12 4,985 05-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Asholme: New City of Evil Rosencrat 19 5,703 08-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  The end of cross-faction /say? (Updated! Happy! Rejoice!) Kretol 27 4,467 10-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Cross-Faction System Revamped Kretol 11 2,773 09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Last Post: HelveteSong
  Non-standard Race/Faction Characters Grakor456 0 831 05-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Grakor456