08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2637
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85232
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2206
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Favorite Movie Scenes!
Visit this thread, and post your favorite movie scenes!

Spoiler'd for language and content. (No nudity, though.)

Spoiler:
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Valicor's post:
  • Ukarai, Dilly
PM
It's funny.

That's the scene I would have posted.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Spoiler:

Spoilered for extreme language. I mean -extreme-... but who doesn't like Full Metal Jacket?
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

The scenes that really stick with me are the ones that hits you the hardest and when it comes to movies, I don't think any scene was more of a punch in my nutsack of feelings than this one scene. Although it only really has the punch to it if you've seen through the movie.
Spoiler:

If we're going for shows as well then there's really no better moment than when The Doctor fights off a planetsized parasite who feeds on memories and stories. You always forget what The Doctor is, but during that moment you realize what a sad old man he really is. Sorry, but this is the vest I can do. Everything but fanvideos has been taken down.
Spoiler:

But hey, why stop at that? Let's do all the visual mediums!
WARNING: Massive spoilers for Metal Gear Solid 3
Spoiler:
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
This was (AND STILL IS) my favorite trailer ever.

PM
Love this scene. Sadly, there's not much of the clip, and the other full clips on YouTube were recorded with potatoes.

Spoiler: Use of the F-word!
Spoiler:
PM
"I'll be back!"

Spoiler:
[Image: terminator2.jpg]
"Life is offensive, people; it's brutal, stupid, annoying, dirty, and at the end, ******* pointless. Seriously, folks, you need to get a grip, alright? Relax yourself!" - Foamy

In '87, Huey released this.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

I'd say the ending to Pan's Labyrinth. I'll spoil it all if you haven't seen it.

Spoiler:
The basic plot of the film is that Ofelia, the main character, is secretly a princess of a fantastical ungerground kingdom (known as Moanna there). One day, she made the mistake of trying to explore the surface world. The sun blinds her, she falls ill, and dies. We then see her "reborn" as Ofelia, the daughter of a woman married to a Facist military officer some time after the Spanish Civil War, when Franciso Franco has come into power. While her mother is kind, her step-father is cruel. The movie shows how she copes with the ordeals of the war against the remaining rebels. Through the movie she encounters Pan, who gives her a number of trials to return to her kingdom. The final trial, supposedly, is offering him the blood of her infant half-brother. She refuses, then dies again at the hands of her step-father. Turns out, this was the right step, protecting the infant.

...Or perhaps it was all the illusions of a child's mind to cope with the horrors of war, the scene in the throne room a dying brain's last struggles to make sense of it all.

The first scene is Captain Vidal (step-father) retrieving his son. Or so he thinks. The second is after Ofelia's death, when she returns "home". It fades into a completely different movie, so ignore that. Best I could find!

[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • Ukarai, Dilly, Harmonic
PM
Now a LOT of people say that the final duel of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is one of the greatest scenes every committed to celluloid, and they are absolutely correct. The bombastic scope, the exciting music, everything about it is fantastic.

However, that is not my favorite scene of the Dollar's Trilogy. My favorite is the final duel in For a Few Dollars More. It's much more emotional, much more sublime, and for all the build up it ends in a dirty ugly second. The music escalates fantastically and then falls with the action and- here, just watch it:

Spoiler:
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Spoiler:

This is what I based original Harmonic off of. I would some day like to revert him back to this character. Bill Cutting, and this speech, is one of the coolest things I've seen in a movie.

Spoiler:

Edit: Here's another. Spoilered for content!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
... Hey, don't make me pick just one!

A bunch of scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. Say what you will about the film as a whole, but I think these are brilliant. :P And I still maintain that the first video is one of the most moving and powerful movie scenes ever made, though its, uh... emotional weight might be a bit difficult to grasp if you haven't seen the rest of the film and the TV series. :]

Spoiler:

Also, this scene from Lost Highway. Lynchian creepy is the best kind of creepy!

Spoiler:

The intro and the Dominique Bretodeau scene(s) from Amélie.

Spoiler:

And I can only echo what C0rzilla said about Pan's Labyrinth. That was heartbreaking. :(
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dilly's post:
  • Geoni
(08-17-2013, 12:51 AM)Rensin Wrote: It's funny.

That's the scene I would have posted.

Same with me, y'know.

But this is another scene that I loved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzK97Aaj_U8
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
I second the motion of the Pulp Fiction scene for best scene!

Also this:

Spoiler:

The movie's a masterpiece, and Nic Cage a genius.

And this:

Spoiler:

Such an amazing dialogue... That's why we love you, Quentin
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List your favorite: Hip Hop/rap songs and beats mangaboy111 5 253 09-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  List your favorite mystical/ethereal musics! mangaboy111 0 150 09-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Last Post: mangaboy111
  CotH Movie Rosencrat 47 1,765 11-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  The World of Warcraft Movie Thread Maulbane 7 352 08-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Your favorite villain. Roxas65 42 1,071 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Roxas65