The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Favorite RP Plot?
I personally enjoy battle roleplaying, as it allows to take the roleplay to the BADASS level..

also, romantic roleplaying can touch my heart, provided you can actually touch one of my character's heart!

Though I try take things a little different when roleplaying, I try to find a new way to approach things, for instance, a gnomish aerial legion!
It depends on who I am playing. I like the pass-the-time sorts of rps when I'm playing my druid. I like the political intrigues on my Blondhaired Bastard. I enjoy getting in the face of wrongdoers with Maeven. Romance rps to me actually spell the end of my rping life more often than not with a character and ironically is something I try to avoid. Once you enter a romance rp, people think you're "off limits" for rp and don't seem to want to interact - weird but true. However I'm trying to counteract that and put Maev out in the front of some conflict and confrotation. I get bored if there's nothing to fight for...or against.
Live your own life; you die your own death
Quote:Maeven wrote:
Romance rps to me actually spell the end of my rping life more often than not with a character and ironically is something I try to avoid. Once you enter a romance rp, people think you're "off limits" for rp and don't seem to want to interact - weird but true.

I don't know if most people are seeing it as "off limits." I imagine it's closer to "we don't want to disturb." As romantic (and erotic if you partake) roleplay tends to be one on one, some people can feel like they're butting in where they aren't wanted or something. Though obviously I can't speak much on the receiving end, as I pointed out earlier I almost never end up in a romantic story arc.

Of course, if I know someone wants to RP with me, I'm more than happy to pester them until it happens, significant other or no. I take a more practical view of "if they want me gone, they'll tell me."
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Quote:I don't know if most people are seeing it as "off limits." I imagine it's closer to "we don't want to disturb." As romantic (and erotic if you partake) roleplay tends to be one on one, some people can feel like they're butting in where they aren't wanted or something. Though obviously I can't speak much on the receiving end, as I pointed out earlier I almost never end up in a romantic story arc.

Of course, if I know someone wants to RP with me, I'm more than happy to pester them until it happens, significant other or no. I take a more practical view of "if they want me gone, they'll tell me."

Quote:Romance rps to me actually spell the end of my rping life more often than not with a character and ironically is something I try to avoid. Once you enter a romance rp, people think you're "off limits" for rp and don't seem to want to interact - weird but true.

Well, one must look at it from your characters eyes. Kelenvar seemed to not mind at all when he butted into Itan and his lasses RP. Then again that is just Kelenvar, see what I mean?

You can't look at it from an IRL perspective, you should go by what your character would do ICly.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Agreed. I heard plenty of the "go away, we're roleplaying" on Live which essentially meant people were cybering and didn't want to be bothered. Now it's well and good to ask politely if someone wants to be disturbed or not, but at the same time, if my character has started a fight with another, and they attack when my character is giving it rizz, then as far as I'm concerned I hope my own character left his bow nearby! Unless someone is being a total twit about "interrupting" rp by standing and dancing while saying "lol", it's legit for me to be interrupted if someone is looking for my character and it fits their personality to just butt the hell in.

Not a going invitation for everyone to seek Maev out in the hopes to embarass him, heh, but Maev is still his own person, and still will interact with other people - favourably or unfavourably! - whenever the opportunity is there to do so. I don't come to a gaming environment to lock myself away into a couple setting and tell anyone off if they dare to actually want to interact with me, so I wouldn't worry in my case. If Maev wants someone gone, he'll curse and pick up his bow, even if he's in nothing but his boots and a scowl. I'm never so ...er...involved (for lack of a better word) in romantic rp that the sudden need to use both hands on a keyboard will put me in a bad mood! It's a larf and I am usually spending most of my time trying to make the other person laugh as hard as possible because it's just not something I can approach with any sort of seriousness whatsoever.

Just how I plays 'em.
Live your own life; you die your own death
Maeven brings up a good point for what I enjoy in RP. Even if the character themselves isn't humorous, I try to describe things in a way that amuses at least myself. I tend to play comic relief characters to balance out some of the very serious RP that happens. I try to be careful that I'm not killing the mood, but I do aim to get people to crack a smile. As I mentioned last night, my favorite thing to do on Heari is panic, just because it allows for such fun descriptions!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I like day-in-the-life things, personal relationships, and just general business. Romance I'm picky about, since there has to be respect on both sides, and respect for my freedom. Seen way too many "URmyGrl" obsessive-possessive people on Live lol.

Another thing I like is being tasked with doing a job or mission, even if it's just some simple PVE job, like "recover these tomes" or "go here and get this item." If I'm RP-ing alone, I'm usually riding Chay around STV keeping the roads safe for the Cartel/Tradewind.

Another fun time I had was RP-ing a mission of mercy in Durotar, and then going on a rescue mission with a friend. Who cares if the bad guys were all level 15? We played it like they were dangerous to us anyways, sneaking past guards, and had fun.

I can have fun anywhere I suppose, and usually make up stories with my friends using the world around me.

-Shmoo
Shademoon - Human Priestess, Humanitarian
Chayne - Human Paladin, Tradewind Mercenary
Any kind of thing works in my eyes... minus people who rape the WoW lore so terribly... anyway! Hehe.
Quote:Amerason wrote:
Any kind of thing works in my eyes... minus people who rape the WoW lore so terribly... anyway! Hehe.

True, but I'm not terribly encyclopediadic with lore, if it's close enough to the spirit of what's there I'll play along. I just don't have the time to study the vast "WoW Lore 101" wiki myself, so I cut people a little slack. My characters do have some references to official lore (Shade mostly), but I usually break with it at some point to cut myself some freedom. If it "could" exist in the world, that's usually good enough for me.

Battle roleplay turns me off for some reason, I don't know why, maybe it's the lack of rules or structure to it all. I've just never seen it done well, and it seems the side with greater numbers would always win just because the constant spam of inventive text attacks. I could be wrong about it, but I usually like some certainty to fights, like dice rolling for actions or something.

Intrigue also is fun, plotting between player factions and the such. Hiring player spies, making deals, inter-player drama, and delivering on shady deals also turns me on. I like this thread, there's a lot of good ideas here. :)

-Shmoo
I can rp almost anything I don't really like fighting to, to much and i like romantic rps, -everyone called me a...erm don't want to say it in mixed company on retail :S for it-.....AND I DON'T THINK I AM DAT CLINGY XDD. Idk if i am to late to put in my opinian, but stalking people is always good. they are all like -who is followin' us-, and i am all like *ninja pengiun hide in tree* and they are all like -gasp!-, and politics just down right confuse me >< Both in game and out.
So it will probably go like...

1)Romantic
2)Day-to-Day
3)Action/adventure
4)Politics
Rogues Do It From Behind
[Image: Seraching.jpg]
Quote:Shadowmoon Wrote:
True, but I'm not terribly encyclopediadic with lore, if it's close enough to the spirit of what's there I'll play along. I just don't have the time to study the vast "WoW Lore 101" wiki myself, so I cut people a little slack. My characters do have some references to official lore (Shade mostly), but I usually break with it at some point to cut myself some freedom. If it "could" exist in the world, that's usually good enough for me.

Not saying I disagree with you on that at all. It's much more fun to break a wee bit away from the Lore, however, I tend to - instead - tweek it in my own way so to speak... I don't change the Lore. No, I instead tend to invent a long background history and story for nearly all my characters so that they have their own Lore, with in the Warcraft Lore.

Perhaps that's making sense of what I meant... maybe? ^_^
I will admit, I am a lore buff though I try not to tell people that X can't happen because of Y reasons, apart from blatant things. I do try to make people aware of lore so that they might find ways to make their characters even better.

I enjoy WoW lore even though it is not the best by any means, I am one of those people who unfortunately does come from a roleplaying background of people telling me that I "can't do this because of that reason." It's because of this that I have that innate self-defense of my character explanations. I look at things on a pseudo-scientific level because I got sick and tired of people telling me I couldn't roleplay Addramalech back in the day because of what he was or what I could do, and when their arguements were tossed up against set-in-stone lore and scienctific explanations of why he could do what he did, and what the effects of what he did were that I could get them to shutup and get off my back about it.

I don't have this problem here so much, but I've done it for so long that it just comes with me now. For the longest time I went with the viewpoint of 'if you won't accept what I am, I'll make you accept it with logic that you can't beat.' I don't change my roleplay for anyone, when I have a character I have a character, though I think this is balanced out by Addramalech's manipulative nature that leads him from being a sadistic man to a trusted friend to a loving companion and even a sly playboy all in one night, dependent on who he meets and how he needs to act. It's not genuine feeling, but it still gives me as a person a way to roleplay those things while having a character who doesn't.
Quote:Addramalech wrote:
I will admit, I am a lore buff though I try not to tell people that X can't happen because of Y reasons, apart from blatant things. I do try to make people aware of lore so that they might find ways to make their characters even better.

That's always the best way to do it: teach, don't preach. I agree there's a lot of fun lore to fold into characters, and it does give them a better sense of belonging in the world. Like Amerason that I like to create personal lore that fits within the official writ, the best I can.

Hmm, let's get this tread back on track. Thinking of more fun RP Plots I've had, I like the action-adventure type runs where a group of people get together to PVE for a RP reason, like recovering something from BRD, or going to "question" an NPC in Strath. Sort of like grouping with a purpose and a mission.

-Shmoo
I will admit I like to sit and talk a lot, although I tend to enjoy it more if there's a reason or goal beyond a friendly chat. Is that political? Hm.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
In my opinion, Political is my favorite. In political RP there's always something new astew. While at one time you can be RPing that you're someone's best friend, the next you can have your sword run through them.
Action's likely my 2nd.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Type of RP? Part Something Something Grakor456 16 3,251 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Stormrage Plot Nightharrow 9 1,628 05-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Nightharrow
  Favorite type of RP, part three! Grakor456 33 6,655 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zett
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir