The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback for Hawk. Specifically, Camp Mojache.
ABOUT TIME.

Anyway. I plan on hosting events in the near future, but probably less focused on war and conflict. Now, the reason I'm asking for feedback is because I simply know I've done a lot wrong with my event hosting. At the same time though, I like to think I did a few things right at least.

I will admit, however, that partway during the storyline... I had rather lost interest in the whole thing. It's perhaps a reason why particular flaws (whatever they may be) are present, but I'm far from perfect. The final event was still fun to host, as were the rest of them, but sometimes I kind of thought, "Ugh, maybe I should just drop it now." I'm glad I didn't, however.

Before you give feedback though... go easy, please. Right now I'm not -particularly- in a very good place where I can handle copious amounts of brutal honesty as well as I could a few months ago. But, I do realise if I wish to host future events, then I'll need to know what I'm doing right and wrong. Personal issues aside, however, I'd like to ask you these questions.

1) Was there anything in particular that I did frequently that was, for lack of better word, "bad"?
2) Was the combat at a decent pace? Or did you feel it took forever to get to your turn?
3) Was I a fair DM?
4) Is there anything you felt I should've included that perhaps would've benefitted me?
5) Should I be looking for a sidekick to assist in events so the load doesn't all fall on one person? There was a lot going on.
6) Was there anything I was particularly good at and should keep doing in later events?
7) How was the actual content? The storyline? Did it all make sense lore-wise?
8) Do you have any miscellaneous comments? Please leave them below. I hold all your opinions in high regard, so don't hesitate.

That's... all I can think of for now. I would like to take a moment to thank everyone who came along, and hope to see you in other events I plan to host! As mentioned, they'll likely steer away from generic war/conflict.

"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH-

I wasn't there except for the last event, so I can't tell you how much sense it makes lorewise.

Was fun though!
This was my first event with this too, and I loved it! Keep DMing please!
So much love for these events. They were awesome in every way, and they're the first combat/military events I've been through in a while that were emotionally engaging, too. Dat final scene in Orgrimmar <3

I noticed you had connection problems some nights, though, and those would be my only complaint. I'd suggest getting a helper involved if you think you're gonna have similar problems in the future - I know Kril and Reigen tend to double-team one another's events and that works masterfully from what I've seen.
I only did one event but it sort of put me off with the whole feel of it. Mainly it felt that if you were not a melee character, then what you could do was nerfed as far as support characters that buff or heal go.

I would almost say with a large number of people it may be good to either opt out of rolling, or to make a roll threshold low. I could say it's sort of frustrating to wait half an hour or two just to get an emote in only for it to be ineffective because of a bad roll. I also don't think that rolling reflects the competency of a character and what the character does.

I also felt it was a bit... hypocritical because I remember for the longest time the running gag and frustration that "Hawk's rolls are bad" and you always seemed to get the short end of the stick because stuff involved rolls. I would almost say that I expected you to try a more kinder roll system. In fact, you were the very inspiration for my roll system where if you rolled bad you'd at least have a fair chance of hitting something, just that you might not be able to do a lot of damage. It just feels like I would have expected you to work away from frustrating roll systems since these very systems often gave you the shaft.
Quote:I know Kril and Reigen tend to double-team one another's events and that works masterfully from what I've seen.

8)

Wasn't there for the events, but you can always ask me to help out Hawk if you're computer is being all 'DURRHURRDERP'. Granted, I prefer mental tasks over combat, but I do as needed!
I was only able to join one event out of many, and that one time I joined when I didn't plan to, but instead, spontaneously joined because I turned out to have free time on a day I usually don't. So I'm sorry my feedback isn't very thorough. I do, though, have some to say. I joined the event wherein there were gnolls attacking the supplies, I believe (as Asul'Na).

1) Was there anything in particular that I did frequently that was, for lack of better word, "bad"?

--Not necessarily. You did, though, seem to have difficulty keeping the chaos down, but I chalk that up to the fact our raid was bloated as is.

2) Was the combat at a decent pace? Or did you feel it took forever to get to your turn?
--Sorta... not. I think you got out of turn once, and sometimes I feel my emotes were ignored. But again, that can be blamed for the fact we had tons of people in the raid.

3) Was I a fair DM?
--In spite of criticism above, you actually were.

4) Is there anything you felt I should've included that perhaps would've benefitted me?
--An assistant DM, mostly one who can help keep track of emotes and what goes on with the event itself. He/she can also be in charge of the opposing side so you can dedicate your focus on the players as head DM.

5) Should I be looking for a sidekick to assist in events so the load doesn't all fall on one person? There was a lot going on.
--As I said above... yes. Totally.

6) Was there anything I was particularly good at and should keep doing in later events?
--I did enjoy the fact that this event chain is done to increase Horde RP and in Tauren territory. This gets four thumbs up. Yes, four. I included my big toes here.

7) How was the actual content? The storyline? Did it all make sense lore-wise?
--It made several sense, at least how you presented it. I enjoyed what it was.

Do you have any miscellaneous comments? Please leave them below. I hold all your opinions in high regard, so don't hesitate.

--I do emphasis the Assistant DM bit. I loved what I did get to see, but what really hindered the pace and potential enjoyment was the fact that we had only one DM over a huge raid. Otherwise, this was a great event chain. I look forward more from you, Hawk :D.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Feedback for Hawk. Round 2. Hawk 4 895 04-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Hawk