The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Fel Magic: A Junkie's Guide. (Answering Questions!)
shadowwolf331 Wrote:Umm... Two questions...
1) How does the fel stuff and paladins work? I'm probably missing something, but if having a fel addiction makes you unable to use the light shouldn't that make it impossible for blood elves to be paladins? I've read that they get their holy powers from different sources then priests, so would this make paladins exempt from losing their light abilities if they can get the fel out of their system and do some form of atonement for being corrupted? Actually... Can paladins even get mutated?

Kaghuros Wrote:-Light-users will lose the ability to wield the Light.

Paladins are Light-users. They lose the Light if they take in Fel anymore. Yes, even BElfadins. They -now- use the Light just like every other race. It's been said time and again. Back then, it was possible to keep stealing Light. Now? No.

Zarenzell Wrote:Question... if you where an undead and had some fel blood would you be effected? I mean your undead right? Would it only show the psycological side effects or would you hav ethe phisical effects aswell?

Fel-blood is a supernatural drug. It is magical. It affects undead same as all the others. It is why Undead can become Fel-sworn as well. Even Death Knights.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Ok, thank you for answering my first question, but... From what this guide says you don't have to be a felsworn to get hooves... It is saying that you have to drink demon blood (not trying to say that is any easy thing to do...), and also getting hooves isn't even on the felsworn's list of buffs... I'm thinking that they could easily get them seeing as they are drinking demon blood for their power and such...

I may also just be missing something... I have yet to read where drinking demon blood and getting the mutations forces you to be a felsworn, but my knowledge of this subject relies almost entirely on what I have read in this guide...
As explained to me by Piroska back in the day:

Basically, yes, you can get non-useful(Simply asthetic) mutations from Fel-blood without going Fel-Sworn. But it is discouraged, so as not to conflict with the Prestige. It is similar to the views on Tattoos in the past, by which they were associated with Runemasters and Demon Hunters only, and normal players couldn't get them.

So, basically, you would get nothing beneficial. Just negative mutations. Ugly things. In order to mutate, all you've got to do is ingest Fel-blood.
Quote:Moderate (2-3 weeks for minor Fel Blood use):

-Scaley skin: Cracked skin may start becoming scaly, covering small patches of the body.

-Deep red skin: Skin will become a dark red, the color of blood.

-Short claws: Small claws begin to grow instead of nails. They're relatively more fragile than fingernails.

-Body temp.: The body will gain the temperature of a high fever, often causing people to be uncomfortable touching them or being mistaken as gravely ill if no one notices any other mutations.

-Small horns: Small nubs of horns may begin to appear on the forehead.

-Small fangs: The character's teeth become pointed, though the fangs are delicate. They can break skin somewhat, but so can normal teeth.

-Hooves: Feet may become hooves.

-Spikes: Small spikes may grow around the body, eventually growing brittle.

-Extra X: Body parts may begin to grow on the character, including small, useless wings, short or long tails, eyes, mouths, tentacles, or other forms of strangeness.

Do -ALL- of these effects happen? Or do you pick and choose which may or may not happen?
You pick and choose.

However, you need GM approval before that starts happening.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
*Wonders why he came here for his first return post*

Oh well!

This guide and the rest of my guides are in major need of a revision, I think, to cover all of the questions and things that have come up since I wrote them (This might have been before the Sunwell ending patch, if I remember right). Also, I can finally get another PDF of the WoW RPG sourcebooks that I drew many of the effects and Fel-Sworn class features from to make it a bit more polished.

Since I've been away from World of Warcraft for so long, if anyone wants to help with some additions and clarifications to what I've written (And this extends to all of my guides, which people apparently still read) I welcome your advice. Especially if server lore and policies have changed any aspects of the guide that were my suppositions and expansions rather than official lore.
Is GM approval required for the minor mutations as well, such as flaky skin, red eyes, longer nails, and the like?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
As long as they don't gain an edge over people or they don't border on the major mutations a Fel-sworn has, then they don't really need approval.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Gotta realise though the implications of having these mutations will have. If you are alliance, it practically means any major city is off limits if they are highly visible, such as glowing eyes or horns and the like. Other than the undercity, where you might actually be revered, and -possibly- Silvermoon, the horde is pretty much the same. The blood elves tolerate warlocks, but to actually have reached the point of mutation would probably be obscene, showing a lack of control, and could well get you labelled an outcast, especially considering the blood elves allready have a problem with fel addiction, and the fact they are quite resistant naturally to magical effects, this would show just how far you must have fallen to mutate. Im not saying don't do it, in fact it makes for interesting character development, but realise its going to have more limitations than advantages in most cases.
Warlocks are openly accepted in the Horde within every settlement aside from those of the Tauren. Mutations might cause one to be greatly mistrusted, but I'm positive some of the greatest Orc warlocks have terrible mutations.

Also, as far as Silvermoon is concerned (where my character resides) Demons are openly accepted. If they weren't there wouldn't be several demons in multiple buildings in the city; One is even a shopkeeper. Granted, the succubus is enslaved, but that just goes to show if one of the largest businesses in all of Quel'thalas has a demon behind the counter... They're not shunned.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
How much until addiction starts? A character of mine only had one syringe's worth forcefully injected into their system.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Miah Wrote:Gotta realise though the implications of having these mutations will have. If you are alliance, it practically means any major city is off limits if they are highly visible, such as glowing eyes or horns and the like. Other than the undercity, where you might actually be revered, and -possibly- Silvermoon, the horde is pretty much the same. The blood elves tolerate warlocks, but to actually have reached the point of mutation would probably be obscene, showing a lack of control, and could well get you labelled an outcast, especially considering the blood elves allready have a problem with fel addiction, and the fact they are quite resistant naturally to magical effects, this would show just how far you must have fallen to mutate. Im not saying don't do it, in fact it makes for interesting character development, but realise its going to have more limitations than advantages in most cases.

Silvermoon has a sort of 'Don't ask, don't tell' thing concerning fel traits. Don't show people them, and there won't be issues.

At least, that's how I rp it.

Quote:How much until addiction starts? A character of mine only had one syringe's worth forcefully injected into their system.

I'd say that's about all you need.

It's comparable to taking a drug for the first time. Only worse.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Quote:Fel Magic

When the demons brought death and damnation to Azeroth, they also carried their own brand of magic to the world. Fel magic is pure, evil and arcane, and it resides in the blood of demons. This blood has magical properties; it addicts arcane magic users and can be used to create evil weapons.

Some arcanists can cast fel spells, perhaps after drinking demon blood. The caster gets a fel bonus on caster level checks made to penetrate spell resistance, and the Difficulty of the spell's saving throw is increased.

When a weapon is forged in demon blood, it becomes a fel weapon. It glows with a foul, yellow-green fire and deals extra damage to good-aligned opponents.

The Blood of Demons

Drinking demon blood grants all of the imbiber's arcane spells the fel descriptor for one hour, but this power does not come without a price. The drinker must make a Will save(Which has a difficulty depending on the strength of the demon from which the blood came) or become dependent on demon blood. Every day she does not imbibe demon blood, her caster level is reduced and a she takes a penalty on all saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities.

She can attempt to break the addiction every seven days by making a another Will save; the Difficulty increases after each week.
^----- Core Rules 2nd Ed.

Hope it helps out.
Not...really. : /

So, how long does this high last? How long can a person not use Light? How long does the addiction last? When do withdrawls start? How long do withdrawls last? Physical changes?

Very confusing, everyone seems to have something different to say...
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
OP says that the loss of light happens after two weeks of use, I believe.
Withdrawls start as soon as you stop taking it. Addiction can be right after your first taste.
The area in which it was injected would most likely display blackened/cracked skin, etc. Or it might become hotter.

As for the loss of Light, it is permanent, until redemption is gained. Usually by pilgrimages/other acts of faith.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arcane Magic and You - A Dummy's Guide to the Arcane Theik 15 9,263 12-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Simply Enchanting - A guide to the most magical of arts Kaghuros 10 3,173 09-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Getting your profile accepted quickly: A guide Xigo 2 2,473 09-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Sacrilege of Fatal Arms, a guide to armor and weapons. Jeff 19 8,932 09-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Last Post: QuantumLegacy
  Surviving CotH for New Players: A guide Reigen 30 20,789 06-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Reigen