The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Fel Sworn and Demon Hunters
Edited the post to clarify that yes, you can roll strength-based Fel-Sworn.
So that would be like..

..the demon blood courses through your veins, bringing with it a rage beyond mortal comprehension, and a rage that grants combative potency. The blood coaxes your muscles and your tendons, bathing them in demonic strength?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
(12-01-2011, 11:37 AM)Aphetoros Wrote: ..the demon blood courses through your veins, bringing with it a rage beyond mortal comprehension, and a rage that grants combative potency. The blood coaxes your muscles and your tendons, bathing them in demonic strength?

Enemies!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE[/youtube]

WE NEED ENEMIES!

. . . But on a more serious note, this is fantastic.
(12-01-2011, 12:04 PM)Sol Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 11:37 AM)Aphetoros Wrote: ..the demon blood courses through your veins, bringing with it a rage beyond mortal comprehension, and a rage that grants combative potency. The blood coaxes your muscles and your tendons, bathing them in demonic strength?

Enemies!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE[/youtube]

WE NEED ENEMIES!
Hey, this doesn't sound bad. Nah-uh. Not at all.
I'd enjoy that, really.
I fail to see the logic behind the decision.

Basically, with things like these, people go for the class for either the fun and diversity, or for the power. Now, much of the fun and diversity of Fel-sworn came - in addition to the mindset changes of the character - from the physical changes. The mutations that proved irrevocably that the character had fallen to the Legion, akin to the brands we place on cattle to mark it as our own.

Whereas the power is left there, just as before. Why give power to people - which will, almost undoubtedly be used for combat-oriented purposes, and not things like fangs, claws and red eyes - which don't really have that many combat applications?

I'm not talking about the huge mutations like wings and enormous horns and hooved legs. Just things that fit snugly within what a normal character model can represent. Little things, but that emphasize that certain bit of the character's backstory? I would trade all the power the class confers in exchange for those tiny bits.

'Guess I'm confused, but to me it seems like asking people to make Custom Model Characters for overweight Blood Elves for instance. There are none in Lore nor represented by in-game models, but they theoretically fit within the acceptable variation between people. Same with elongated nails, fangs and felled-up eyes or a little patch of weird skin or such.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(12-01-2011, 08:48 AM)Beltharean Wrote: They might have more spells, but that doesn't necessarily make those spells more powerful. However, it is much more likely for someone trained by a demon to cast metamorphosis than someone who taught themselves via a book, or got training in a coven where their master likely had other pupils to tend to as well.

The power thing has already been pointed out. The new Fel-sworn are not more powerful, just easily trainable. And although they have more spells that doesn't make them OP per say (mage's seem to be able to do a bit of everything, but their still bound by their ability to learn only so much). It's like a mage being trained by an archmage vs a mage learning from the book. Both have the ability to become great, but the one being trained will probobly have an easier time learning.

As for the mutations, I don't really know what to say. I think it'd be nice if small ones were still possible, but I'm not a GM so I can't really decide that.
With a hip, hip and a clippity clop
He's out looking for a head to swap
So don't try to figure out a plan
You can't reason with a headless man
~Disney

(12-02-2011, 10:49 AM)flammos200 Wrote: I fail to see the logic behind the decision.

While I don't want to create a huge argument over this, I just want to point out that Fel-sworn, and Demon Hunter, mutations were bits of lore that only existed within the d20 and don't exist within canon lore. In fact, they outright contradicted what was seen in-game, which suggested that, instead of random mutations, fel energies mutated creatures into specific things. Orcs always became fel-orcs, nelves always became satyrs, etc. There wasn't a sense of randomness, but instead a sense of steady progression.

This was essentially a way to introduce these things as concepts, while keeping them lore-friendly and not giving them extreme power that came with the concepts as prestiges.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Let peeps wear the silly horns and say they're fanged and red-eyed?

I mean, I feel there's there things the typical warlock can do that are far more out there.

/2cents

Post-Cress edit: Optionally, per'aps?
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
2cents: Without the mutations, there could be more leniency for you going into cities without being as detected?
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(12-02-2011, 12:43 PM)Grakor456 Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 10:49 AM)flammos200 Wrote: I fail to see the logic behind the decision.

While I don't want to create a huge argument over this, I just want to point out that Fel-sworn, and Demon Hunter, mutations were bits of lore that only existed within the d20 and don't exist within canon lore. In fact, they outright contradicted what was seen in-game, which suggested that, instead of random mutations, fel energies mutated creatures into specific things. Orcs always became fel-orcs, nelves always became satyrs, etc. There wasn't a sense of randomness, but instead a sense of steady progression.

This was essentially a way to introduce these things as concepts, while keeping them lore-friendly and not giving them extreme power that came with the concepts as prestiges.

Addenum to this: Illidan is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest Demon Hunter, and yet he had almost no mutations at all aside from his Fel-sight... thingy. He didn't get all demonic until after he consumed the Skull of Gul'dan. Then again, Illidan had some sort of cahoots with Sargeras, or whatever, so HERPADERPA.

But yeah, mutations aren't random, from what the game shows.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(12-02-2011, 01:36 PM)Cressy Wrote: 2cents: Without the mutations, there could be more leniency for you going into cities without being as detected?

As I like to see it you weren't supposed to be able to enter cities-- it was another price you had to pay.

Like I said, the felsworn was intended to be a melee class and gained no casting benefits at all in its original conception. It was basically like they slowly fell into addiction and slavery, the fel staining their soul spilling onto their flesh and marking them forever as a traitor of humanity.

And I do agree on that point, Grak. Creatures do become specific things, that's definitely backed in lore.
Nelves become Satyr.
Draenei become Eredar (or die.)
Orcs become fel-orcs
Blood elves turn into Felbloods.
Tauren just get nasty, from what we know so far.
Humans... variety of results.
Gnomes... I'm just going to guess imp-like.

I do like the idea of the mutations for fel-sworn, if only they don't give any combat advantage. For example, long gross claws. But the claws are brittle and easily shatter. Of course there'd be things like darkvision and cloven hooves that would provide benefits, but nothing really major in my opinion. :>
We don't want any drastic mutations. Blankened nails? Possible. Claws? Possible. Hooves? Not likely.

As it said in the first post, if you with to play either one you can post your idea within the private forums. There, you can discuss what you wish to have and what we would prefer not to happen so we can come to a compromise on your idea in order to create a set of traits your character would gain from their tutelage under a Demon.
Ohai, demon hunter noob here. Few questions.

1) What would be "absurd" mastery of the glaive?

2) What are the basic skills of a demon hunter? Looked over WoWPedia and only saw metamorphosis outright mentioned. And glaives. This stuff in the RPG books?

Thanks!
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(12-04-2011, 06:55 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: 1) What would be "absurd" mastery of the glaive?

Things such as one-shotting people, having a pretty much power of a lore demon hunter with the glaive. You are just as good as anyone else when it comes to armed combat.

(12-04-2011, 06:55 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: 2) What are the basic skills of a demon hunter? Looked over WoWPedia and only saw metamorphosis outright mentioned. And glaives. This stuff in the RPG books?

The basic skills can be things such as their cursed vision, Immolate, Engulf weapon, drain power from demons, as well as whatever power their runic tattoos have. You might also find use in having a spell such as firing basic fel fireballs.

And if they die they get to gouge out their entrails.

Mmmm, nummy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demon Hunter and Friends Changes In Grakor456 16 4,348 02-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: LostStranger
  Demon Hunters Kretol 22 4,633 02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Piroska