The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Festival of Shardlight (March 3-5th)
Festival of Shardlight (March 3nd-5th):

The Festival of Shardlight marks the official last day of plague – the barriers came down upon this date and the remaining survivors of Azeroth rejoiced and revelled in the streets before setting to the grim task of burying their dead and fighting the greatly swelled troops of Legion and Scourge. Upon this anniversary of hope and renewal, the Farseer has seen fit to create a Festival of Shardlight to honour those who have fallen, as well as to remind all in Azeroth to continue to have hope for the future even in the face of the great losses of the past.

The Festival of Shardlight will feature food and drink from some of the most enjoyed festivals of past days before the Plague which can be found in both Stormwind and Ogrimmar. Take part in a friendly competition which is held among the surviving adventurers of the world, and see if you have what it takes to battle the Farseer's Champion. Make a solemn pilgrimage to Moonglade, and there you may honour your dead and those who fell in the time of Plague. Spirits will awaken and walk Azeroth to tell their story. On the final day, fireworks and feasting as well as the final battle among Champions will take place.

Life is for living! We hope you enjoy this server-wide event!

Event schedule:

3 March – the Brewfest makes a grand return! Eat, drink and wear lederhosen! We're currently testing to see if the ram races will work as they do on Live. The primary Championship tourney will begin, with full details below.

4 March – The Spirits awaken! On this day of Shardlight, Azshara Crater spawns a moonbeam of light, marking where the Awakened Spirit who died in plague awaits you. Seek out more spirits throughout Azeroth and listen to their story. Honour your dead on this day as we bring a taste of the Lunar Festival back to Azeroth. The semi-final Championship tourney takes place on this day.

5 March – The Final Day of Shardlight; join the Farseer as the final Championship tourney takes place, and we shall see if his own Champion is willing to take on the tourney winner! Fireworks, fun and perhaps a few surprises await.

Championship Tourney:

This tournament is primarily a roleplaying event. We do however want to give people the chance to duel if they so wish – however, keep in mind the duelling arenas are VERY laggy, and might effect the outcome of duelling. Still, all in good fun.

For those who wish to actually duel physically, please remember the Farseer's Gift is not allowed in combat. Take off your rings before fighting.

If you choose to duel by text, we will be putting some strictures on battles in order to make sure those who wish to have a go can do so:

1)Duels are timed. A duel “marshal” will signal the duel is to begin – each duel shall last for about 30 minutes, upon which point the marshal shall determine the winner through which hits were taken as well as how the duel was played. Don't think you can dodge every attack and be the winner, for example.
2)A combatant's post can be comprised of a block, then a preparation and an offensive attack. The preparation post is for anyone who may be preparing to cast a spell, and then a counter. Rogues may step into shadow, which counts as a preparation. This means you need to think CAREFULLY about what you are posting.
3)Winners of the first bout will go to semi finals, and then the finalist will be given the title “Azeroth's Finest” and possibly an item, but do not expect this.
4)If Grakor is available, there will be a final battle held. Bring popcorn!

Tournament Sign Ups will happen in a seperate thread, so keep an eye out!
Live your own life; you die your own death
Hitting this with a sticky until the festival passes.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Cheers, mate.
Preparations are being made for the Festival. Thanks to the generosity of the Farseer, the festival grounds are being constructed in Azshara Crater, and there is complimentary ale available until the main event starts!

Visitors to the Crater may also note the presence of ambassadors awaiting the audience of the Farseer to discuss their concerns...and it seems their concerns are many.
Tourney Roster now complete!

Preliminary matches -Tourney start: 4:30 pm EST on the 3rd.

First round: Siv vs Tazmin (4:30-5pm respectively)
Second round: Zolast vs. Hammerfall (5-5:30)
Third Round: Darkor vs. Anar (5:30-6pm)
Fourth Round: Thelynicus vs. Fazk (6-6:30)

If you cannot attend at a certain time, please let us know ASAP so we can make some adjustments to the schedule. If you cannot attend or are late, your match will be forfeited until a later time.
What about Anaba?
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
You've already got one character in the tourney - having two might be a bit unfair. If there's a slot still open at some point and we need another contestant, then you can put Anaba in there as a reserve.
Oh, alright.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
We've had a drop, so if possible Fazk will be fighting Darkor at the appointed time. If that doesn't work at all, then we'll have Anaba step in.
That's actually better for me, I won't have to go sprinting off to class right after the round.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Right, this is the current tourney changes. Apologies for the short notice! EDIT, final change, again apologies

First round: Siv vs Tazmin (4:30-5pm respectively)
Second round: Zolast vs. Hammerfall (5-5:30)
Third Round: Darkor vs. Thelynicus (7pm-7:30pm)
The best time for me would be 5:30 to 6pm. 7 to 7:30 may be too hard for me :(
I'm going to have to get confirmation from Theyl for that, but I haven't seen him, sorry, if we can bump it up, we will but the last minute cancellation as made that difficult.
Tomorrow, I've gotta leave the house 3:30 PM EST. If we wanna do a 3 o'clock fight, a'd work. Or anytime earlier. I'll be on. I got work til 9:30, figure in the drive home, I'll be back at 11:00 PM EST. Midnight battle? Fine by me.

Today's competition was great, congradulations to all winners, and every fight was well fought. Siv's rather cut up after fighting a certain zombie Troll =)
You can't wax that.
Thanks for everyone's participation and patience in our first event for the Conquest of the Horde! We hope you all enjoyed the festivities and surprises *chuckle*.

If you have any screens to share, please submit them to our image gallery, and look forward to more events in future!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pumpkin Festival 2011 Wuvvums 8 1,345 09-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Festival of Shardlight comes to an end! Reetha 3 803 03-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Qaza
  Shardlight Festival Tourney signup Maeven 22 3,331 02-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Zaatu