The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Few minor details I wanna know
Most of them are related to gruntship and the levelling. I haven't found these details on the GM posted topics, but if they are there, just point your finger of death and I will voluntarily fail my save.

1. If I apply gruntship, does everyone of my characters get to level 80 whenever I ask (assuming I get approved) or do I have to make it separate for each character?
Or is it so that one is dinged instantly up to 80, and rest of them I must level up?

2. Death knight starts at level 55. Do I have to be grunt to get a deathknight?

3. Can there be a class change from one to another if there is a roleplay behind it, assuming it is within the allowed racial classes?

4. Are there any other appliances that I haven't yet seen, and require approval?

Edited additional question: 5. Are there anywhere a complete list of players and/or their characters? I would really like to see a list of every character around here.

thanks a (banana)bunch.

_
//\
V \
\ \_
\,'.`-.
|\ `. `.
( \ `. `-. _,.-:\
\ \ `. `-._ __..--' ,-';/
\ `. `-. `-..___..---' _.--' ,'/
`. `. `-._ __..--' ,' /
`. `-_ ``--..'' _.-' ,'
`-_ `-.___ __,--' ,'
`-.__ `----""" __.-'
`--..____..--'
Waaagh!
-----------------------
[Image: portal_337792.gif]
Ho ho hooo, Mon ami, I am a french axe. It's my job to -cut- to the chase.
Hello there. I thought I would try and help you out a bit so here we go.

Quote:1. If I apply gruntship, does everyone of my characters get to level 80 whenever I ask (assuming I get approved) or do I have to make it separate for each character?
Or is it so that one is dinged instantly up to 80, and rest of them I must level up?

Every single character that you get approved and put on the wiki can be bumped to 80. That means if you apply, the GM's approve it and it's put on the wiki. You can make an in-game ticket and when a GM isn't busy, they will put you to level 80. This can be done for an infinite ammount of characters, so long as you get them approved.

Quote:2. Death knight starts at level 55. Do I have to be grunt to get a deathknight?
Yes. You have to be a grunt to get a Death Knight. Luckily they are no longer Special Characters and can be applied for normally!

Quote:3. Can there be a class change from one to another if there is a roleplay behind it, assuming it is within the allowed racial classes?
It is plausible, however I think it is best if you decide upon the class you want to be for the rest of your characters life before getting approved. Say you are a mage and want to be a warlock. That's all fine and dandy. But change it before you get bumped. Cause after that I don't think they will let you change it.

Quote:4. Are there any other appliances that I haven't yet seen, and require approval?
Erm.. Nope!

Hope that helps, sir/mam. I wish you luck in your attempts at Grunthood.
*cough* that would be sir, and I have been here just 5 days, so no applying gruntship just yet :P
Waaagh!
-----------------------
Kaelvan Wrote:Yes. You have to be a grunt to get a Death Knight. Luckily they are no longer Special Characters and can be applied for normally!
What do you mean by "applied normally"?
Waaagh!
-----------------------
It no longer takes applying for a special profile, but instead can just be posted as a normal one in the profile section.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
And I need to post this profile if I want my character to become level 80?
soo basicly what I need to do in order to gain level 80/death knights

1. gruntship
1a: need to write a profile of one of my characters
1.1a: do the same in the case of death knight
1b: be around
1c: make a master's thesis
1d: make myself a professor of roleplaying sciences

2. ...(*coughs in vague manner so his answer cannot be clearly heard*)

aand what else?
Waaagh!
-----------------------
TeroSNS Wrote:And I need to post this profile if I want my character to become level 80?
soo basicly what I need to do in order to gain level 80/death knights

1. gruntship
1a: need to write a profile of one of my characters
1.1a: do the same in the case of death knight
1b: be around
1c: make a master's thesis
1d: make myself a professor of roleplaying sciences

2. ...(*coughs in vague manner so his answer cannot be clearly heard*)

aand what else?

Need to write an approvable profile, be around for a month. Not that hard.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
do I have to write the profile about an existing character or can I skip that and write a profile about a death knight?

and could someone try to answer to question number five, please?
Waaagh!
-----------------------
A profile must be submitted and approved before each and every character can be leveled to 80. Your first profile should be for the character your are currently playing within the game; as you cannot roll a death knight until you have a level 55 character and since you cannot level past 50 until you are a Grunt, your character will not be a death knight.

Later, once your profile has been approved and you have played for a month and successfully completed your Gruntship questionnaire, you can write up your profile for your death knight.

Oh, and Character Profiles.
TeroSNS Wrote:1. If I apply gruntship, does everyone of my characters get to level 80 whenever I ask (assuming I get approved) or do I have to make it separate for each character?
Each individual character gets levelled up when their profile is approved and the player is a grunt. It's not a group thing.

TeroSNS Wrote:2. Death knight starts at level 55. Do I have to be grunt to get a deathknight?
Yes indeed. If we see a person has levelled a character to 50+ we tend to see it before they grind up to 55, and if we find out a peon has a deathknight it too will be locked.

TeroSNS Wrote:3. Can there be a class change from one to another if there is a roleplay behind it, assuming it is within the allowed racial classes?

Yes, but it has to be a reasonable change, like Priest to Paladin, Paladin to Warrior, etc. We won't allow a lot of changes for classes, although there are exceptions.

TeroSNS Wrote:4. Are there any other appliances that I haven't yet seen, and require approval?

Perhaps you missed the toaster appliance section. (That was a joke because I don't understand your question!)

TeroSNS Wrote:Edited additional question: 5. Are there anywhere a complete list of players and/or their characters? I would really like to see a list of every character around here.

The wiki has every approved character, and they're listed by character name rather than the player behind them.

I know everyone else already answered these, just felt like being use(ful/less) today. (:
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
TeroSNS Wrote:4. Are there any other appliances that I haven't yet seen, and require approval?

Quite possibly, the prestige system. However, I may not be the best to explain it!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
makes me wonder about if my current main has some sort of stuff that I don't want to reveal, and make other players able to metagame it. Is it possible to make it visible to GM's only? with their pinkypromise that they don't tell about it?
Waaagh!
-----------------------
Generally that information is given out freely in your character profile and left to the goodness of people's hearts. It honestly depends on what it is in your background that's unusual. If keeping that part secret from other players will contribute to your storytelling, by all means PM one of the staff and ask about it. They need to see your character sheet and history anyway. If it's something that you feel you can trust people not to use against your characters (Generally the community is good about that) then post it in your profile.
TeroSNS Wrote:makes me wonder about if my current main has some sort of stuff that I don't want to reveal, and make other players able to metagame it. Is it possible to make it visible to GM's only? with their pinkypromise that they don't tell about it?
Having elements of a character that aren't included in their profile makes me wary, as a player. There's just too much potential for abuse, if you ask me --
"I kill you with my super engineer death ray of instant killing!"
"...What? No. How do you have that!?"
"Well, GM X told me I could have it when I sent them a PM!"
There's no way to verify what GM X said unless GM X is online, or told the other GMs about it.

On the other hand, if someone metagames you, you screenshot it and report it to a GM. It's against the rules.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
rentreality Wrote:Having elements of a character that aren't included in their profile makes me wary, as a player. There's just too much potential for abuse, if you ask me --
"I kill you with my super engineer death ray of instant killing!"
"...What? No. How do you have that!?"
"Well, GM X told me I could have it when I sent them a PM!"
There's no way to verify what GM X said unless GM X is online, or told the other GMs about it.

On the other hand, if someone metagames you, you screenshot it and report it to a GM. It's against the rules.
it's nothing like that death ray of instant kill xD, more of a certain plot points which reveal the too much about motives and such of my character.
Waaagh!
-----------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Minor comeback Adam255 5 1,059 12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Herastean
  [DP] Where do -YOU- wanna go? Bovel 4 1,089 06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Terant
  Prestige Details? MrCandlejack 7 1,321 04-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Last Post: MrCandlejack
  I wanna switch T_T Aruk 0 673 07-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Aruk
  Future minor events Painkillah 9 1,660 04-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Painkillah