The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Flying Mounts in Azeroth
Aye, I've been thinking about this and I thought, Hey, flying mounts and Azeroth would add more flavor to role-playing and more possibilities.So, what's holding the it back from being implemented in to CoTH? Unless there is some magical barrier covering the world that kills everything that flies, I don't see any other restrictions.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Not happening. Even if we could, Azeroth is really not made for flying mounts.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Ah yes, If you are talking about certain 'off-limits' areas then that's understandable.
This topic has come up several times before.

Generally, I don't want to enable it for the same reason(s) Blizzard doesn't. Azeroth just isn't made with flying mounts in mind, and there are many places where it could be abused. Furthermore, server stability could be an issue as well.
It's not just off-limits areas, though that plays a part. It's also that the geometry gets really ugly in the air. A lot of areas become bugged and see-through when you look at them from above or from an angle that it wasn't intended (for example, the walls around Undercity surround nothingness.) Areas in between mountain boundaries are flat, featureless valleys that look very unnatural.

Honestly, people already seem to be unable to RP around bugs and the like that already exist.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Aye, I myself, am not very technology suave., so I wouldn't know about how it would effect server stability, but I trust you know your stuff about it so if it's coming from Kretol himself, it's not such a great idea after all then.
on Wowtrance they made flying mounts in Axeroth , Needless to say , in my opinion , it doesnt work well , As also was previously stated , It lags the server up But also , Some areas have a sort of invisible wall around them , I am not quite sure what it is , but it stops anything from going through it ( Once i managed to get trapped in a box of them - needless to say , NOT fun) So my general stance on the idea is , that it wouldnt be a very good idea.
Besides, flying in Azeroth is boring. I was a GM once before on a private server and was given the .cheat fly power. I thought "Oh hey, I bet this will rock!" It didn't. Was very boring. But.. I did find a use for it. Every time a player begged me for something or was disobeying the rules, I'd take away his hearthstone and drop him far in the ocean.

Good times.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Monolith Wrote:Besides, flying in Azeroth is boring. I was a GM once before on a private server and was given the .cheat fly power. I thought "Oh hey, I bet this will rock!" It didn't. Was very boring. But.. I did find a use for it. Every time a player begged me for something or was disobeying the rules, I'd take away his hearthstone and drop him far in the ocean.

Good times.

I got an Idea!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Hehe , dont be doing it too often and without reason though :D i always thought a simple ban was good.But , Your choice ,if it happened to me , i would simply drown then ress at healer.
Zacee. That is the best idea ever. Why didn't I think of that... Yes I used to be a GM. I made myself into a World boss and let players kill me for fun O.O Then the admin got mad.

But back to something relevant... I've seen people do that, it really isn't worth it. It would be alright though in my opinion, but there's stuff everyone else mentioned too.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wands-the surprisingly interesting magical sticks of Azeroth Dae 3 1,516 06-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Jonoth
  The value of coin in Azeroth? landashua 45 7,491 06-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Last Post: therew
  Electrolyzing the Etymology of Azeroth Nymus 4 1,204 05-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post: landashua
  Black people in Azeroth PhilGobatto 8 2,923 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Discussion on IC mounts Xigo 72 9,523 05-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Last Post: Delta