The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Are you interested in a MUD, and what themes do you like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am interested in RPing on a MUD if one is created.
20.25%
33 20.25%
High Fantasy - Epic heroes and powerful magic.
13.50%
22 13.50%
Low Fantasy - Less magic and more humble heroes.
13.50%
22 13.50%
Dark Fantasy - Gothic/horror elements.
16.56%
27 16.56%
Steampunk - Or other "science fantasy" elements.
11.66%
19 11.66%
Faction/Race War - Factional war, think like Alliance/Horde from WoW.
9.20%
15 9.20%
United Front - Most everyone on the same side against a larger threat. Think Guild Wars 2.
11.66%
19 11.66%
Other suggestions, posting below.
3.68%
6 3.68%
Total 163 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

For those potentially interested in Mudding...
My bandwidth is rapidly dwindling due to the myriad projects that have popped up since the DMCA, but I support the idea of a MUD/MOO!

It's likely the best option to continue roleplaying the old World of Warcraft stories, and it'll be far easier to recreate an existing universe as opposed to coming up with something new and different. We'd also be able to keep much of the structure and reasonable restraints that we have in place regarding character creation and roleplaying them. We're known for Warcraft roleplay, so I feel like it's the natural segue.

While that server is active, we can pursue coming up with something unique or different. That way, we're investing time in creating the custom environment that people want while providing them with the immediate (and familiar) roleplaying environment that people want.
(02-06-2015, 07:31 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 11:30 PM)Harmonic Wrote: ...You know, I recently did a "Wreck it Ralf" style RP with someone over skype, and it was brilliant fun.  We set some basic rules for like... the timeframe of characters involved, and things like how abilities would "Transistion" from different "Games".

That sounds really super fun :|

It was.  Allowed for us to do existing vidyagame characters, as well as OC's.  Was pretty neat.  Come up with a game, come up with an antagonist/protagonist, and some mechanics.

It was also like Captain N: The game master in a way.

Quick CoTH, let's all fight mother brain.
Dunkin' Donuts universe
˜★Sketch Blog
Seems there's some good support for this. Let it be so.

To answer some folks: wanted to go fantasy over sci-fi. It's just preference for myself, and it should be something Kretol and I enjoy, since we're running the thing. Also we're looking to break away from Warcraft, and recreating Warcraft as a setting would take time that I don't think we want to spend on it.

I'll be making a checklist shortly. I've already wrangled a few people to help out and we can see where we're going from here.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I'm super duper interested, even if MUDs confuse the shizzle out of me.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I love MUDs. I've been messing around on a bunch, including the Iron Realms ones(which are my favorites). Hope to see this kick off. 

Setting-wise, I'd be so freaking happy to ape the more strange dark fantasy stuff(Think Aetolia-ish) like vampires or werewolves or blood/flesh-shaping magic or such. Race-wise, I'm happy if there's elves'n dark elves or some sort of equivalent.

Also. Crafting/Adding our own items. Like tailoring our own clothes with their own descriptions. That's one of the best things about MUDs.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
So, Darkest Dungeon was just released. Who else would totally role play in a similar environment/scenario?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
As long as orcs are supreme, all is well. *nod*
(02-10-2015, 01:28 PM)Kretol Wrote: As long as orcs are supreme, all is well. *nod*

unbalanced mud /uninstall
(02-10-2015, 01:28 PM)Kretol Wrote: As long as orcs are supreme, all is well. *nod*
Yes, Earthshaker.. let the rage flow through you.
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
We've got something in mind now I believe, though I don't know how much Grak wants told about it at the moment.

But. I'm makin' a map.

Spoiler:
[Image: SH9XUvc.png]
Rigley make a MUD for your setting pleeeease it would be to die for.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Seeing your avatar, @Geoni, leaves me wanting to have an Earthbound MUD with a Saturn Valley location. And a feature where the text updates when a player creates a Mr. Saturn character so that it looks like the scribble crayon text used in-game.
(02-11-2015, 02:20 PM)Geoni Wrote: Rigley make a MUD for your setting pleeeease it would be to die for.

It'd be cool, but this is Grak and Kret's thing! I'm very happy to help with it, especially with GNOMES.
But no gelly Sanubans. :CCC
[Image: anim_500.gif]