The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Free-for-All Flag
As most have likely already noticed, the entire world has been flagged free-for-all PvP, just as if you were in Gurubashi Arena. This means that you can be killed by your own faction now, which is particularly important in certain cases where people are betraying their own side.

Abusers of this new feature will be tied up and flogged.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Aye, we're trying this out and seeing how this fares for a few days.

Keep in mind that AEs will hit anyone nearby, regardless of faction and regardless of whether they're grouped with you or not. This effectively means that "friendly fire" is turned on, so be wise with your AoE spells!
Hehe, I've RPed AOE stuff before..."When I get in the heat of battle, I don't know what to hit. Stay outta my way"
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It's a rather pain in the butt to party up to trade, that's the main issue I've been having. Is there any way it can be set that if you flag for pvp you're automatically put into a FFA state?

Tusken William Redfield- Lawman
Could go to a sanctuary (Shattrath, for example) to get the flag dropped. Furthermore, mailing still works.
I personally think that the FFA gives a more realistic feeling, I mean, I´m definatly more scared of being close to Kenji now for once. ;P

Trade could be a problem in some situations but if you look to the big picture Free For All is more of an improvement than setback, at least in my eyes.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Only thing I have against it myself is the AoE factor even when grouped, but Kretol knows about my feelings on that. ;p
Was kinda amusing when Tusken almost killed Toryn just by using Consecration on a mob.
Jivundus: Unbound Fury
Gwendolyna: Priestess of the Light
Clauda: Master Smith and Smiter of Kneecaps
Realism! only thing I´m gonna say ;)
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

The idea behind consecration being "consecrating" the ground, making it holy and therefore damaging to the impure creature being smote by the paladin in question. ;) Game mechanics make this mean very little, but my mind still rejects consecration injuring another paladin. ;D

I don't like the all-flagged thing myself, partially because I loathe PVP and seeing everyone in red evokes a knee-jerk kind of panic in me, but primarily because I'm clumsy and click-happy and just -know- I'm going to accidentally smack someone one day. I'm sure if/when it happens, they'll accept my panicked OOC tells to ignore it, but I still dread it. >.>
Voices in my head
Toryn Montague: Holy Warrior
Sidonie Montague: Street Rat
Naruth: Priestess, Scientist, and Holier than Thou
Vilyave Earthwhisper: Touched by the Elements

"You're like a living mood ring." -Irasis
Naruth Wrote:I don't like the all-flagged thing myself, partially because I loathe PVP and seeing everyone in red evokes a knee-jerk kind of panic in me...

Me, I turn off the name display through the options. Ahhh, no more red text.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I play as a human,...I like the realism of FFAF, as long as I don't see a Tauren warrior with a name like 'Satlus Thunderhoof' swords drawn and hungry eyes....then again NPCs still have horde/alliance flags....does that mean I could go to orgrimmar,...if yes woot! teamwork at last!

btw,...I like being able to speak orcish as a human,...That is nifty.
Genehareal Redorian: Grey Militia, Journeyman Smith
The status of your PvP flag does not have any effect on your faction, so you'd still need to raise it with the opposite faction before you'd be let in without being attacked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tapatalk currently free! Kretol 12 2,654 06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  Free for All Flag Kretol 10 2,071 04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Kretol