The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Future minor events
Hey everyone.

For the past few days I have been thinking and planning. I ultimately ended up with the decision to create minor but many events for small groups of perhaps 5 players. Thus it will be easier to plan and maintain and everyone will have a chance to join and have some fun. While the first one may be only for alliance or horde, do take into consideration that I have many ideas in my head and eventually I will somehow involve both factions in these.

The first one I had planned involved the Defias Brotherhood. I see Tales23 managed to beat me to it (Defias Movements [D&D Storyline #1]) but rest assured, I eventually modified the story and it will be different, I promise. ^^

That being said, there is only one thing that remains in my way now. The lack of knowledge concerning roleplay battles. I have little experience with them and by that I mean only one 1 vs 1 battle. If anyone can give me an example of how a battle between 2 vs 4 or something different goes, I will be very thankfull. If you know, please post and also explain to me about the hp system, how to roll for character and enemy or something like that.

Thank you very much in advance.
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
If it is 1v1, and it becomes 1v2, then your chance of dying doubles if you're alone. It goes for the same on any party; if it's two verse two, then they have a 50-50 chance, if it's two verse four, it's just like two against one; your chance of dying doubles.

Each character, even NPC's, have five lives. These don't have to all equal to your death, but the final blow (-1) would be fatal, 0 being a knockout or wounded to the point where you are immobile. Does this fit the bill, or should I elaborate on something?
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
Thank you for the quick reply. This explains the little I know by now but it's always good to remind me of the details.

What I am really interested in is this. Let's consider a 2 vs 4 battle that just started (2 npc's, 4 pc's).

They quickly move in positions to fight in two groups of 1 vs 2.
1. Now what are the steps of such a battle?
2. Who starts?
3. Who rolls?
4. What does a low attack roll mean? Or a low defense?

"Beyond the Stars"
Quote:1. Now what are the steps of such a battle?
Attacking

You: /e attempts to cut Me
You: /roll
Me: /roll
You: 63
Me: 62
Me: /e gets cut.

Defending

Me: /e attempts to cut You
Me: /roll
You: /roll
Me: 62
You: 63
You: /e blocks the cut

Quote:2. Who starts?
Whoever ambushes/presumed to attack first. If you can't figure it out, you roll; the highest numbers go first and the lowest numbers go last. That's only really with player-verse-player, though.

Quote:3. Who rolls?
Everyone, including NPC's. Let someone else roll for the NPC's when you're rolling against them.

Quote:4. What does a low attack roll mean? Or a low defense?
Nope, if you lose it then the attack can range from getting your arm chopped off to getting a paper cut; the rolls and numbers of the rolls do not determine this, but the player who is playing the character. These effects that happen in battle will loom over you when you are RPing out and in combat.

If the two NPC's are guards or any non-hostile NPC's, then you'll need a GM to moderate.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
I'm writing a guide to my D&D Adventures as I post this it should be up in a few hours.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
I want to try my hand at this too, maybe have a simultaneous Horde sided Storyline alternative? I'm an utter noob when it comes to this, though. LOL
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I've thought of something similar to this recently, as well. Great minds, yes?

Anyways, good luck on your work, and, in a perfect world, we will all get our mini-events running quite well!
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
Thank you very much Sourpuddle. ^^
I know you did tell me once, Tales23, that you intend on doing this. I assumed you didn't have time and that you never got the chance to write it. I'm glad to hear this now, please also post the link here so I'll get a notification on my mail as soon as your post's up. ^^

One more thing.
I do know that on the basic roll system (1-100), there was some kind of rule that if the attacker rolls over 50 then it's a critical hit that takes down 2 hp. This is what I meant by the last question. Is this generally accepted? Or does it only apply when attacker rolls over 50 and defender rolls under 50?

That should do it for now, thank you again. :mrgreen:

Edit:
Don't worry about it guys. Everyone will have a chance to join one of these events and I'm sure eventually everyone can say that they participated. =D

"Beyond the Stars"
The crit thing is if there is a difference of 50 or over.
I.E. Attacker rolls 75, defender rolls 14, it'd be a crit.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Oh! Alright, thank you very much! I knew I had something wrong there but didn't quite know what. =)

"Beyond the Stars"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Future of CoTH Harmonic 17 9,836 01-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Community Inquiry: Forsaken Role Play and its future on CotH CappnRob 22 5,056 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Future expansions joeker917 7 1,443 04-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Temporary characters for events Dae 8 1,943 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Minor comeback Adam255 5 1,059 12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Herastean